You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2014 Combine Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkebones

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
Dennard just ran a 4.43 unofficial....
He is the best pick right now

Gilbert with a 4.35

Gilbert stole the combine. Great day for him.

Poor man's Patrick Peterson.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Verrett ran a 4.38 and vertical of 39". I still think he's the best corner in this draft. If he was 5'11 instead of 5'9 he'd be a top 10 lock, his tape is just that good. However, he plays taller than 5'9 and that 39" vertical shows why. I think he's truly a special talent
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Jason Verrett ran a 4.38 and vertical of 39". I still think he's the best corner in this draft. If he was 5'11 instead of 5'9 he'd be a top 10 lock, his tape is just that good. However, he plays taller than 5'9 and that 39" vertical shows why. I think he's truly a special talent

I agree, but unfortunately height matters. WR are getting taller and taller so 5'9 buts him at a major disadvantage in the NFL. He has good tape, but I'm not sure sure i'd trust him against Calvin Johnson, Dez, Marshall, etc. I think Dennard has better coverage skills, and he's 5'11. Pierre Desir had an amazing combine.. and he's 6'1. Just slightly slow at a 4.5

dkebones wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
Dennard just ran a 4.43 unofficial....
He is the best pick right now

Gilbert with a 4.35

Gilbert stole the combine. Great day for him.

Poor man's Patrick Peterson.

Gilbert? He doesn't have the coverage skills of Peterson. He relies more on his athleticism. But he is electric when he has the ball. I honestly wouldn't mind either one. I go back and forth on a daily basis between who I want more. Gilbert has the edge because of ST which we lost when Wilson went down.
Dennard has the edge because he is a shutdown man corner. He has limited zone experience and has had 2 sports hernias and his calf tightened up so he couldn't finish the combine.

I would like to Carlos Hyde too. He reminds me of a young Brandon Jacobs, you know when he would hit DB and make them do flips. We need a RB that can pick up hard between the tackle yardage. It would take a load off of Eli.

And for a TE I would take a chance with A.C. Leonard or Colt Lylerla as UDFA. They are both Aaron Hernandez clones (similar skill set, speed, industrial sized WR, off field issues). If it works, we just got a first round talent (Lylerla) with little risk - very similar to Will Hill.

My dream scenario is to load up on the defensive side (excluding Hyde), and fix the OL in FA.

I have the numbers to post for DL, CB, and S, but I'm in class so it'll be a while.

Aaron Donald stock rose tremendously. Ran a 4.6 with 35 reps. He's a 3 tech nightmare. No chance he will be there for us in the 2nd...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: