Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

R&Ps Pre-FA Mock Offseason-FINAL before Mar 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: R&Ps Pre-FA Mock Offseason-FINAL before Mar 14 Reply with quote

Here we go.

Top Needs:
1a. QB
1b: Pass Rusher
3. WR
4. Interior OL
5. Front 7 Depth

Free Agency: Bucs Resignings:

Note: salary cap is set to 130MM. We are at 113, with 17 MM to spare.
- OLB Dekota Watson: 2 years 4 MM total
- G Jamon Meredith : 2 years 3.5 mm total
- EFA tender Bobby Rainey: 1 year 600K
- MLB Adam Hayward: 1 year vet. min

Cap cuts:
- G Davin Joseph: This is too easy. Bottom tier starter making top 8 Money. Saving 6MM
- C Jeremy Zuttah: This is an option where I see Zuttah not taking a pay cut. Saving 4.5 MM
- P Michael Koenen: Too Easy. 3.25 mm for a punter? Lol. PEACE

Total Savings: 13.75 MM

Restructure:
- LT Donald Penn: This one is hard to pin-point. I think he likes Tampa Enough to take a reduction. takes a 3.5 Mill cap restructure.

Total Savings: 17.25 MM.

Extensions/New Contracts:
- DT Gerald McCoy: 6 years 65 Million 32 Guranteed. this will free up 4.5 million from McCoys 15 MM cap hit. \\

-LB Lavonte David: 6 years 40MM 22 guranteed. : Do it now when you have the cap space. All-Pro Stud. Licht made it well known he wanted to resign him in his opening presser.

Estimated Room to play with: between 30-32 MM In cap room

Free Agency: Signings--

1. Alex Mack C 5 years 35 Mill

- Mack is an All-Pro C and I think the connection is too easy to pin-point him here. Tedford, ex-OL coach, whom he has great relationships with. Made it known, if not tagged, he's gone. We have two very good Tackles. One elite C could help man the interior.

2. Jared Alleng DE 3 years 15 Million

_ Allen is 32 years old. His demand will not be high in terms of bringing home A large deal like many think. Allen can come in immediately and improve our D-line. the Frazier connection helps.

3. Tony McDaniel DT : 4 years 12 MM

- No secret Spence struggled and we could use some depth inside. McDaniel pushes the pocket and is exactly what we need to free up McCoy.

4.Andre Roberts WR : 4 years 16 MM

- With Williams already in Lovie's doghouse, we need a versatile WR that can play inside the slot and on the outside. Roberts fits the mold at great value.

5. Roger Saffold G: 4 years 12 MM

- Bucs need to upgrade on the right side. Saffold has versatility to play G/T. Fits at RG best.

6. Charles Tillman CB: 2 years 8 MM

Other signings depth minimal signings:
- Devin hester KR : 1 year vet min
- Corey Wooten DT : 1 year vet Min.

NFL Draft:

With the Top 6 picks going:
1. Houston: Bortles
2. Rams: Watkins
3. Jags: Bridgewater
4. Browns: Manziel
5. Raiders: Clowney
6. Falcons: Matthews

With the 7th Pick, the Bucs take....

1st round (7): Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo

- Mack is going to be a 3 down threat in the NFL. After doing more research, film, and listening to well respected analysts, he can do it all. Line up at 4-3 SLB. Stick his hand in the dirt and rush the passer, cover, you name it. In nickel packages, he can stick his hand and rush off the edge, ala Von Miller. I think Lovie and Licht love this guy to the point he'd be too good to pass on.

2nd Round:(trade with Houston for our 5th round pick) Jimmy Garoppolo QB Eastern Illinois

- I love Garopplo as a prospect and will translate to a very good NFL starter, maybe more. Accuracy is excellent. Quick decision maker, high football IQ, mechanics are excellent. Small school prosect that will drop due to the competition faced, but turn on the film, you see he can play, and proved so with the top school prospects in the all star games. I think he's an excellent fit in our new offense as well.

4th Round: CJ Fiedorowicz TE Iowa

- Bucs OC Jeff Tedford did a lot of evaluations and spent time with Bill Bellichik. He may utilize several 2 TE packages. Fiedorowicz is a well-rounded TE, good blocker and very good WR. To me, he resembles Heath Miller, but with more athleticism. Him and Wright could be a very good TE Tandem.

7th: Andrew Norwell G/T Ohio State

- Beef up the depth to the O-Line. Norwell is versatile playing tackle and G. Love versatility.

7th (Via Philadelphia): Eric Ward WR Texas Tech

- Ward is an interesting player. Tough, reliable hands and solid route runner. Polished. Gets open and can make some tough catches. Ike Hilliard anyone?

7th (projected Comp pick): Tre Boston FS North Carolina

- Back end depth with upside in Boston. Played some CB and transitioned to Safety. Could be a good depth/special teams guy with upside to come in and start 2 years down the road. Development will be key.

UDFA PUNTER: RICHIE LEONE P HOUSTON
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like The FA but Hate the Draft Except for CJ, We don't Need Mack if we are going to sign Allen. Rather have Robinson

BTW We don't have the 7th from Philly

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 13 Catches 134 Yards 2 TDs
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love it all except for 2nd round

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
scottonatable

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh how I love mock off seasons with the cash we have in FA I hope we sign HARDY that way we can do a lot more in the draft by taking bpa. Hopefully trade down ANYWAYS for what you did I Really like but don't care for the DTS signings
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was completely shocked by your 2nd round pick. Very Happy

Smack ^
#FireLovie
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
I was completely shocked by your 2nd round pick. Very Happy

I stick with him. I'll either look like a genius or eat crow. I'm going with the first choice Very Happy
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow for a bargain shopper Allen, Tillmam, Mack, Safford, Roberts, looks a little Dominikish to me Laughing

Solid draft.

Huge hole in the second round with your selection but with that monster fa class you have it more than makes up for it.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Wow for a bargain shopper Allen, Tillmam, Mack, Safford, Roberts, looks a little Dominikish to me Laughing

Solid draft.

Huge hole in the second round with your selection but with that monster fa class you have it more than makes up for it.

That's not bargain shopping. That's using money wisely instead of 1 or 2 you get 6 who contribute. Take a lesson Laughing
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that's not bargain shopping grabbing all those guys. Left the scraps for the other 31 teams to fight for lol.

Like I said a very Dominikish offseason which I like.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
I know that's not bargain shopping grabbing all those guys. Left the scraps for the other 31 teams to fight for lol.

And Mack and Allen Would Not Be that Cheap

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 13 Catches 134 Yards 2 TDs
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

And Mack and Allen Would Not Be that Cheap

Allen isn't going to cost that much simply bc he's 32 and it's unknown he can produce that again is what front offices will leverage in the negotiation stage. We mock draft fans are probably over thinking and pin pointing an amount but he could only get a 2 year deal for 5-6 mm a year. Mack for 7mm a year is right around the value of what you should pay for a center.

Ah deuces. Don't compare me to that. Dom woulda only overpaid for 2 guys. Not use the money to improve all aspects of the team.

FA you supplement your team on value and needs. You don't go ahead and overpay. I was still ehh on giving Mack a pay day here but I think the connection and interest is mutual.
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would suffice. Never thought about the idea of doubling up on DE's in FA and draft. That would pretty much mean that Licht/Lovie does not think highly of AC, Gholston, or Bowers. I'd start Allen and Mack from day 1 and then everyone else come off the bench.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: