Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your Pet Cats for Dallas' Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
buddy_z34 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Point is, we have a team chock full of beasts and playmakers. What we do not have is a system that they fit into that is best for the team.

We do? Who? Here are our "beasts" and "playmakers" I can think of:

Dez Bryant
Sean Lee (but can't make plays if never on the field)
Tyron Smith

Those are the only beasts we have on this football team. People need to quit overrating this team's talent. This team needs talent first and foremost. Whether that be at WR, DL, LB, or OL. I think this team needs to be going BPA in the 1st round at every single position minus Tight End and Cornerback.

Romo and Murray say hi

Murray is not a "beast" by any stretch of the imagination. He is an average running back who will not be retained after his rookie contract and will be replaced by another rookie.

Romo does make a lot of plays. He is the only other player I could put into that group. But, I'm not sure how he will come back from this surgery. Back problems scare the ish out of me.

The guy ran for 1124yds with an average of 5.2ypc, and caught 50 balls. Sorry, that's not average. The only knocks against Murray have been his health, and the fact that RB's come cheap.

1,124 yards is very average. Dallas could find another running back to run for 1100 yards and catch 50 balls in the 3rd round in any other draft. I'm sorry, I just don't know why so many on this forum think he is so special. He's a serviceable running back who is basically guaranteed to miss games every year and will be replaced next year.

If its so easy to find, why was he our first 1000 yard back since Jones?

Obviously we were going RB by committee, but if we had a RB who could handle a 270 carry per year load, we would have used him

Because he is the first starting running back in a while who wasn't splitting the workload every week.

Jones has barber taking a lot of snaps from him, then Barber had Jones taking a lot of snaps from him. They each would run for 500+ however, and in total, achieve 1000+. The dual threat worked pretty well, and we had a ground game that wasn't nearly as bad as it has been the last couple seasons.

1100 yards is nothing special.

And Barber was supposed to be able to handle a heavy work load. Julius Jones, too. Felix Jones as well. All had a chance to do so, it isn't like we just decided they couldn't and went with a two runner approach.

And Murray still didn't exactly light it up despite being the first featured runner on this team in a while. 5.2 YPC, sure. But it's easy to average more per carry when you have fewer carries: Ask Troy Hambrick, who averaged something like 5.6 per carry before we gave him a 20 carry per week workload minimum - then he dropped to like 3.2 a carry.

Don't let the stats mislead you. Murray is no stud, and he is quite replaceable. Guys like him, who can run well from time to time in a zone run play design, are all over the league and found in late rounds very frequently.

All I am saying is we have struggled to find a good back, so obviously its not as easy as some would think. We haven't even found a backup we like yet

No, we have not struggled to find a good back.

Julius Jones had several 200+ yard games and broke several team rookie records as well as overall rushing records.

Marion Barber was a model of consistency late in games when we needed him most, and had several 8+ touchdown seasons.

Now we have Murray, who you obviously know about.

We've been lucky at the position with latter round picks (though Jones was a second round pick) producing very well for us over the short term, and replaced them with guys of similar caliber for quite little.

Murray just topped 1000 because he wasn't sharing carries, period. The other guys could have done so too if they were in his situation.

Yes just like every coach, I do think I know everything.

Read the Football FAQ!
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pet cat this draft is Kyle Van Hoy. I remember last year watching BYU play San Diego St. in the bowl game to Ziggy Ansah. Van Hoy delivered one of the most dominating performances I've ever seen for an OLB. Rushing the passer, dropping into coverage, shooting the gaps, scored 2 defensive TDs.

sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one..Dakota Dozier OG (OT) Furman...6-4 315...started 44 games for Furman and was Senior team captain in 2013...he may need to get a little more physical and learn better technique but he has excellent movement skills and athleticism. He can play OT or OG which is very valuable to a team like Dallas which could use an upgrade at both ORG and ORT. Dakota was impressive and more than held his own at the Senior Bowl. IF lucky, Dallas could have him in the 3rd round ( id even trade up a few spots to secure him ).

Peace
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sodakcowboy78 wrote:
I have one..Dakota Dozier OG (OT) Furman...6-4 315...started 44 games for Furman and was Senior team captain in 2013...he may need to get a little more physical and learn better technique but he has excellent movement skills and athleticism. He can play OT or OG which is very valuable to a team like Dallas which could use an upgrade at both ORG and ORT. Dakota was impressive and more than held his own at the Senior Bowl. IF lucky, Dallas could have him in the 3rd round ( id even trade up a few spots to secure him ).

Peace

Good choice with Dozier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like all the football writers are saying this years draft is one of the deepest drafts in a long time so the Cowboys should be able to get some decent talented starters this year!!!!

Early rounds ( 1 - 4 rnds.)

Aaron Donald(DT), Timmy Jernigan(DT), Caraun Reid(DT)
Scott Crichton(DE), Kareem Martin(DE) , Christian Jones(LB)
Brandon Thomas(OL) , Brandin Cooks(WR), Donte Moncrief(WR)
Dion Bailey(FS), Deone Buckhannon (S),

Later Rounds (5 - UFA's)
Phillip Gaines(CB), Kevin Pierre- Louis (LB), Jerrick Mckinnon(RB)
Kerry Winn (DE), Jay Bromley(DT), Bryne Renner(QB),
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High rd pick pet cat = Stephon Tuitt, DE/DT, Notre Dame I love the versitiality he offers as he could play both LE and DT. He has a nice blend of speed/power and can stuff the run as well as provide pressure from different spots along the d-line. One of my favorite prospects for da boys.

Mid rd pick pet cat = Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech Has all the physical tools you could ask for. Given time to develope he could be a real steal in this yr's draft. Learn behind Romo for a few seasons then see what he has.

Late rd pick pet cat = Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas
I think he has the potential to be a great nickel edge rusher. He is projected to go anywhere from the 3rd-6th rd. I'm hoping the Boys nab him in the 5th if he is on the board. Great value pick imo with ton's of potential at a position of great need.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Ra'Shede Hageman.

Size - check
Athletic - check
Speed - check
Strength - check
Versatility - check

Man's man. Seems as though some have cooled on Hageman of late He still has some work to do with the mental aspects of the game, if/when he puts that together...sky's the limit.

I am on board with this pick. Pretty much any d-lineman in the 1st - 2nd rd would make me happy.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
cowboysdreamer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KERRY WYNN (DE) RICHMOND SPIDERS
6 - 5" 270 lbs. 4.9 SPEED 31 REPS OF 225 lbs. 1.60 10 YD. DASH
34" VERTICAL

a late round pick that can get to the quarterback, did a good job in the East \ West Shrine Game maybe a 7th or a UFA. Player has strength and a quick burst.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: