Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your Pet Cats for Dallas' Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Your Pet Cats for Dallas' Draft Reply with quote

Who is everyone's pet cats for Dallas? ie someone you like, someone you think Dallas could get and would make the team better. Try not to just list 6-7 guys you really like. Give a little depth on why they are your pet cat and enlighten everyone on some "lesser known" or maybe give some good insight on guys we think we know well.

First time in a long time both of mine are from my favorite college school FSU. Not Jerringan or Benjamin. S Lamarcus Joyner and LB Christian Jones.

Safety Lamarcus Joyner 5'8" 195lb

Joyner reminds me of a Bears DB in getting turn overs from INTs and Fumbles on a consistent basis. He is small but was never really hurt in college. Honey Badger was able to make it in the NFL at safety and he had high character concerns. I see Joyner being there in round two and I would love to get him as our ball hawking cover two safety...the kid can cover a lot of ground quick! He may very well make a good nickel CB as well because of his size, but I really think he'd make a much better pass coverage FS in an over the top role.

Quote:
STRENGTHS: Despite his smaller frame, Joyner plays like he's 6-2 and 225 pounds, hitting like a truck in run support. He has bounced between safety and cornerback, showing NFL scouts his versatility to help out anywhere in the secondary.
Aggressive striker who only knows how to play full-speed, showing excellent timing to make plays on the ball. Plays fast with natural acceleration to go from 0 to 60 in a flash, displaying impressive closing burst. Possesses the build of a running back and loves to deliver punishing hits with his violent playing style. He also adds value as a kick returner and looks natural as a ballcarrier.

Excellent awareness and instincts with quick diagnosis skills as well as the balance, agility and speed to handle coverage duties.

WEAKNESSES: Though he plays with desirable aggression and intensity, he can be overaggressive at times, biting on fakes and allowing receivers to gain a step. While playing with no fear, does lack ideal size for safety. Where will his ideal position prove to be in the NFL?

--Dane Brugler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu77jfo5_eE

LB Christian Jones 6'4" 230lb

As for Jones he is more of a mid round guy, He played OLB, ILB, DE all over for the Noles. He plays the run very well and is good at getting off blocks. His work at the Senior Bowl really showed me that he was pretty darn solid in pass coverage too. I think he could come in an start in Durants place for this team right away.

Quote:
STRENGTHS: Tremendous athlete with has fluid footwork who flawlessly flips his hips to blanket tight ends or receivers down the field in coverage. Tall and long, which he uses well in coverage. Plays with excellent range and speed to chase down the action, taking proper angles in pursuit. Flashes the take-on strength to blow past blockers when he uses proper technique.

WEAKNESSES: Needs to improve his awareness to turn his head and find the ball. Length is advantageous, but at times will cause him to play too upright, and he needs to improve his overall leverage, especially on tackle attempts. Will get hung up on blocks at times.

--Dane Brugler (11/27/13)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLhCeWNpuCA

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have three pets cats:

Christian Jones
Christian Jones
and
Christian Jones

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
JWingate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does it have to be a 6th - 7th rounder? I haven't looked too deep into those guys yet, but TO7 showed me my pet cat. Caraun Reid, the guy is the "truth". Vote Caraun Reid! A vote for Caraun Reid is a vote for 'Merica.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think mine is Su'a-Filo. Obviously everyone likes him, but I think he is a stud. Position flexibility, great athlete, smart. I think he is a cornerstone LG

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I think mine is Su'a-Filo. Obviously everyone likes him, but I think he is a stud. Position flexibility, great athlete, smart. I think he is a cornerstone LG

Far and away my favorite OG. I think had he stayed in school next year he would have gone in the top 15 picks.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a wordy guy, so I'll just say the name...Derrell Johnson, 6'1" 248, OLB, ECU. Check out his videos. High motor guy who is a bit of a tweener...Plays like his dreads are on fire. Get's off blocks and plays in the backfield.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/derrell-johnson-vs-north-carolina-2013/

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Far and away my favorite OG. I think had he stayed in school next year he would have gone in the top 15 picks.

Maybe. I think it was a good time for him to come out. He's already 23 years old

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the term "pet cat". Cats are disgusting.

I am really high on Aaron Donald, DT, Pitt & Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pet cat is Calvin Pryor. Dude is going to be a flat out playmaker in the league. High energy player in the mold of Bob Sanders (who was 5'Cool, but stands 6'2 200+ lbs. Charlie Strong stated that he was one of the best players he had ever coached and Louisville's DC had this to say about him:

Quote:
He had three games in a row where he hit somebody and they did not finish the game. He doesn’t want to injure anybody, but he brings a certain physicality that if you’re going to throw the ball down the middle of the field, you’re going to pay a price. That’s how the game used to be played. He did things the right way and that’s what people like about him so much. And he’s a coach on the field—high football IQ. He controls everything. Gets guys lined up. Makes the checks. He does it all.

With this selection the Cowboys can finally stop starting "bums" like Jeff Heath, Alan Ball, etc. out on the field and can look towards a future tandem of Calvin Pryor and JJ Wilcox. Finally a player who can actually make plays on the jump balls opposing QBs randomly throw up in the air against them (ala Matt Stafford style).

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ra'Shede Hageman.

Size - check
Athletic - check
Speed - check
Strength - check
Versatility - check

Man's man. Seems as though some have cooled on Hageman of late He still has some work to do with the mental aspects of the game, if/when he puts that together...sky's the limit.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
buddy_z34

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson Jeffcoat!!!!

First off I am a Texas guy so maybe it's a lil homerism but the guy can play. Fits more as a pass rushing OLB in a 3-4 or situational 4-3 DE. He can use his speed to turn the corner and dip his shoulder to beat the OT. He has long arms but needs a little help in learning how to use his hands better. If he can get drafted to Dallas I think Marinelli would help this kid out a lot and be a force in the league for the next decade. Is a bit undersized in terms of weight which will cause him to be in the middle rounds.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddy_z34 wrote:
Jackson Jeffcoat!!!!

First off I am a Texas guy so maybe it's a lil homerism but the guy can play. Fits more as a pass rushing OLB in a 3-4 or situational 4-3 DE. He can use his speed to turn the corner and dip his shoulder to beat the OT. He has long arms but needs a little help in learning how to use his hands better. If he can get drafted to Dallas I think Marinelli would help this kid out a lot and be a force in the league for the next decade. Is a bit undersized in terms of weight which will cause him to be in the middle rounds.

Never seen a guy with such a large draft range 2nd-5th on some pre-draft stuff. Where do you see him going round wise and why such a large difference of opinion on the guy?

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st-3rd Round:

-Scott Crichton/DE/Oregon St. - Love his motor and has a good pass rush repertoire. Lays the wood when he gets to the quarterback.

-Josh Huff/WR/Oregon - I believe we need another WR. I love Cole Beasley as much as the next guy, but it scares me to think about him as our #3. I love Huff and would love to see him come in and be our #3 and let Beasley stay in his current role.

-Dominique Easley/DT/Florida - He is the most talented DT in the draft to me. If he didn't have those two bad knees, I believe he is a top 10 pick. His explosion off the ball is so rare. Love, love, love this kid.

4th round-7th Round:

-Trai Turner/OG/LSU - I think we need to upgrade Leary and/or Berny and I really like this kid as a later round prospect.

-Chris Watt/OG/Notre Dame - Another late round OG. Next to Zack Martin was ND's best OLineman. I really think this kid could be a early starter for an NFL team. Not that it matters, but Mike Mayock has Watt as his #4 OG prospect.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion grabbing a "beast" or a "playmaker" at a position like LB or S really isn't going to help this team at all.

I mean, look at the current team. You have guys like Dez-1,000 plus yard season, Murray-went over 1,000 yards, Romo threw for over 4,000, Witten, Lee leading the team in INT's, Claiborne and Carr being the big CB tandem, Hatcher having 11 sacks, etc. What does it all add up to? Three consecutive 8-8 seasons.

Point is, we have a team chock full of beasts and playmakers. What we do not have is a system that they fit into that is best for the team.

It's as if we are drafting players and letting them showcase their individual talents but the TEAM has no sense of itself, no system, one position does not compliment the other, hence the definition of TEAM.

I would rather have a system put into place that is designed for all the pieces to work together. One that focuses on the group of players rather than the individual.

Look at Seattle. They had, what, a 6th round back up making monster plays in that defensive secondary?

The other problem with getting that "beast" player is if said beasty should go down with injury, you are right back to sucking at that position again. And injuries have been happening a lot around here lately.

So my answer is this, I don't know what 2 players we can draft that are going to come in and help this team. I do believe we need DL help before any other position, but I would prefer to know exactly what kind of defensive system this team has in mind for the 2014 season.
buddy_z34

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
buddy_z34 wrote:
Jackson Jeffcoat!!!!

Never seen a guy with such a large draft range 2nd-5th on some pre-draft stuff. Where do you see him going round wise and why such a large difference of opinion on the guy?

His pre-draft range is because the kid put up numbers in college. In his junior year he put up better numbers than Ealy did all year combined and that's with Ealy playing with sensational rookie Richardson as his dline teammate. Shocked me as well when I found this out. The thing that is really hurting Jeffcoat is him being undersized to play DE in a 4-3, came in at the combine at 247lbs I believe. An he doesn't have the athleticism to play OLB in a 3-4.

It all depends on how many of bench reps he puts up. If he can put up say 25ish then that will help his draft stock. I'm not worried about his speed because the guy has it. If he shows enough strength with the reps I believe he will go in rounds 4 or 5. If he doesn't show strength then he has a good chance of going in the 6 or 7th. It also hurt that he didn't get invited to the senior bowl. Could of had a chance to showcase his skills against live competition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: