Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

23 known interviews at combine, Colbert on Vince Williams
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: 23 known interviews at combine, Colbert on Vince Williams Reply with quote

Steelers have used 23 of their 60 interviews at least at this point. They are:
1. Kelvin Benjamin, WR
2. Donte Moncrief, WR
3. Ka'Deem Carey, RB
4. Trey Millard, FB/H-back
5. Eric Ebron, TE
6. Allen Robinson, WR
7. Kareem Martin, DE/OLB
8. Louis Nix, NT
9. Justin Gilbert, CB
10. Ra'Shede Hageman, DE
11. Terrence Brooks, FS
12. Taylor Hart, DE
13. Jordan Zumwalt, ILB
14. HaHa Clinton-Dix, FS
15. Ahmad Dixon, SS
16. Calvin Pryor, FS
17. Stephon Tuitt, DE
18. Mike Evans, WR
19. EJ Gaines, CB
20. Dion Bailey, FS
21. Scott Crichton, OLB
22. Daquan Jones, NT/DE
23. Jalen Saunders, WR

Other players interest expressed in, Senior Bowl:
1. Robert Herron, WR
2. Josh Huff, WR
3. Shaq Evans, WR
4. Jared Abbrederis, WR
5. Pierre Desir, CB

Pro-Days:
1. Auburn/Colbert present-Steven Clark, Chris Davis, Dee Ford, Tre Mason, Cody Parkey, Jay Prosch, Greg Robinson

Two of them are definitely off the board in R2. Moncrief has a change to greatly improve his draft stock at the Combine. I expect him to have a very good showing.

Benjamin officially came in at 6'5, 240. Will be interesting to see how he runs. He's the same size as Ebron. Little taller, little lighter.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/02/report-steelers-to-meet-with-mississippi-wr-donte-moncrief-at-combine/
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/02/report-steelers-met-with-arizona-rb-kadeem-carey-at-the-combine/

In another interview, Colbert talked about how a fwe guys cycled through that ILB spot, but Williams really 'solidified' it and showed he could handle the communication inside. They look for him to take another stride this year. Not a huge statement, but interesting.
"Roger Goodell, who’s a crook and a puppet, said I was the dirtiest player in the league. If that man was on fire and I had to [urinate on him] to put him out, I wouldn’t do it. I hate him and will never respect him.”~James Harrison

Last edited by CKSteeler on Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:10 pm; edited 15 times in total
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 known interviews at combine, and Colbert on Vince Will Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Steelers have used 3 of their 60 interviews at least at this point. They are:
1. Kelvin Benjamin, WR
2. Donte Moncrief, WR
3. Ka'Deem Carey, RB

Two of them are definitely off the board in R2. Moncrief has a change to greatly improve his draft stock at the Combine. I expect him to have a very good showing.

Benjamin officially came in at 6'5, 240. Will be interesting to see how he runs. He's the same size as Ebron. Little taller, little lighter.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/02/report-steelers-to-meet-with-mississippi-wr-donte-moncrief-at-combine/
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/02/report-steelers-met-with-arizona-rb-kadeem-carey-at-the-combine/

In another interview, Colbert talked about how a fwe guys cycled through that ILB spot, but Williams really 'solidified' it and showed he could handle the communication inside. They look for him to take another stride this year. Not a huge statement, but interesting.

So I guess that means ILB wont be a target early....especially since they are apparently hopeful for Sean Spence playing this year as well...even though I am not.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Chieferific

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 known interviews at combine, and Colbert on Vince Will Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
1. Kelvin Benjamin, WR
2. Donte Moncrief, WR Dancing
3. Ka'Deem Carey, RB

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
cbrunn2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Ka'Deem Carey to pair with Le'Veon Bell

and give me JC Copeland to lead block for them ... please oh please

Sprinkle in Paul Richardson and Marqueston Huff and you got my favorite Prospects in this draft
32houchen32

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: 3 known interviews at combine, and Colbert on Vince Will Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:
1. Kelvin Benjamin, WR
2. Donte Moncrief, WR
3. Ka'Deem Carey, RB

So I guess that means ILB wont be a target early....especially since they are apparently hopeful for Sean Spence playing this year as well...even though I am not.

43, I know this has been talked about numerous times, but what's the negative stuff on spence, besides his knee now. I'm not saying your wrong by any means. Is it because he is unproven and undersized?
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also talked to Sooners FB/TE/H-Back Trey Millard apparently.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, I call Colbert blowing smoke on the ILB spot...if Williams was progressing so well they wouldn't have had Troy playing ILB almost 50% of the snaps the last half of the season.

Covering bases...that's all it is folks.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would love Ka'Deem Carey to pair with Le'Veon Bell

Too much of a luxury pick to me.

Millard seems like a guy the team would love. Versatile, leader, played special teams. Late round pick.
"Roger Goodell, who’s a crook and a puppet, said I was the dirtiest player in the league. If that man was on fire and I had to [urinate on him] to put him out, I wouldn’t do it. I hate him and will never respect him.”~James Harrison
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
Btw, I call Colbert blowing smoke on the ILB spot...if Williams was progressing so well they wouldn't have had Troy playing ILB almost 50% of the snaps the last half of the season.

Covering bases...that's all it is folks.

Maybe, but VW is a thumper. Perhaps Troy was in there for the times when the scheme called for coverage from the ILB. Again, maybe.

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
waffles7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an interview with NFL.com Eric Ebron says "He and Mike Tomlin had a great time like they knew each other for a long time. I felt like he felt me more than anybody."

I can't wipe this smile off my face! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyrus Kouandijo apparently failed some of his physicals with teams due to arthritis in his knee.
waffles7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelersdepot is also reporting we met with WR- Allen Robinson so that makes 60 out of the possible 60.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles7 wrote:
Steelersdepot is also reporting we met with WR- Allen Robinson so that makes 60 out of the possible 60.

Is there a list of all the interviews they've had?

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where the 60 out of 60 came from, but we won't get a full list. I'm surprised we have so many confirmed already.
waffles7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
waffles7 wrote:

Is there a list of all the interviews they've had?

No just article on steelersdepot.com

That Ebron thing was a quote from his interview. I dont think there's a list, well not yet atleast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: