Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jim Harbaugh or Trent Baalke? If you have to pick one
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jim Harbaugh or Trent Baalke?
Jim Harbaugh
68%
 68%  [ 34 ]
Trent Baalke
32%
 32%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 50

49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Oh no, Harbaugh is ranked highly on this board. Even Seahawks fans have him top 3 and that is the consensus for most.

Yeah, even those that think he is a great coach believe he is very obnoxious Laughing.

Jay, I must say that from what I've seen too, Jim seems to have a lot more people disliking him than praising him. He's constantly being called a hypocrite and a fraud by a lot of people.

But oldman, it doesn't matter that you don't like him. A head coach can't win if he's not backed by his players. He doesn't owe reporters and fans a likeable persona. Sure, in an ideal world, he could be more like his brother, and be liked unconditionally by everyone, players and fans alike. But that's not Jim's job. His job is to have his players' backs and have them buy into the plan. I was excited when Mike Nolan was hired, because he was a man with a plan. Players didn't buy it. Then with Sing, it was another hope, because he was a bigger man with a smaller plan, and sometimes simplicity wins. But players didn't buy it. Jim came here, and it seems that he effortlessly won the players over, installed his plan, and we've been winning ever since. I don't think you give Jim enough credit for being the coach the players want to play for. He's not amazing with clock management, Xs and Os overall, and stuff like that, but that's not his job either. He has a staff for that. I've been saying it for a couple of years. The two most important things for a head coach is to be able to win over the players and gather a great coaching staff. In that regards, Jim is a great head coach.

I think there is two different issues we are talking about. I'm saying most believe he is a great HC and one of the top 3 in the league. I'm NOT arguing most dislike him as I even stated many think he is obnoxious.

this is what i was going to say. they may not like him but they know thats he a top coach
its like brady. lots of people dont like him, but everybody will give his respect and knows hes one of the best of all time

new sig... sorry alex
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:

But oldman, it doesn't matter that you don't like him

I don't think you give Jim enough credit for being the coach the players want to play for.

Well, no kidding dude. Pretty sure that nothing any of us say really matters. Since when does that ever stop us from yapping?

I get that most, some, or all of the players buy into Jim. I think that's great... they need that, I suppose. Just saying... if I were a current SF player, I would do my job, but would have to suppress my dislike of him. I find him to be a disingenuous arse... but sure... I'm glad the players don't seem to (that we could possibly know of).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, in the Super Bowl we started our terribly but that James fumble is one play not talked about nearly enough. If we go on and score a TD on that drive, game would have changed in all likelihood. Instead, he fumbles and I believe Ravens score a TD to take a 14-3 lead. Still, for the most part we have had good game plans and have had a chance to win EVERY game in the postseason.

Sure, you may not shed a tear, but you probably will after seeing the replacement is not nearly as good Wink.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

I don't think you give Jim enough credit for being the coach the players want to play for.

Well, no kidding dude. Pretty sure that nothing any of us say really matters. Since when does that ever stop us from yapping?

I get that most, some, or all of the players buy into Jim. I think that's great... they need that, I suppose. Just saying... if I were a current SF player, I would do my job, but would have to suppress my dislike of him. I find him to be a disingenuous arse... but sure... I'm glad the players don't seem to (that we could possibly know of).

Wouldn't you agree some Patriots players probably think the same about Belichick? I mean every player that gets released or leaves the team has something to say about him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Wouldn't you agree some Patriots players probably think the same about Belichick? I mean every player that gets released or leaves the team has something to say about him.

I would agree... easily.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Yes, in the Super Bowl we started our terribly but that James fumble is one play not talked about nearly enough. If we go on and score a TD on that drive, game would have changed in all likelihood. Instead, he fumbles and I believe Ravens score a TD to take a 14-3 lead. Still, for the most part we have had good game plans and have had a chance to win EVERY game in the postseason.

Sure, you may not shed a tear, but you probably will after seeing the replacement is not nearly as good Wink.

I agree with the James fumble but that still doesnt excuse the team from being unprepared. The defense was beyond horrible in the first half, special teams wasnt any better and the offense was bad too. James fumble started it, Kaepernick's interception continued it but yet, it was the defense and special teams that gave up all the points.

It was simply a bad game all around. And yeah, we had a chance to win but look at the play calling at the end, Harbaugh was trying so hard to win WITH Kaepernick at the end. Seriously, its like what the hell are you doing? You have Gore. I would have run the same play that they ran on Gore's TD run. Try it again. Wasting the timeout was horrible too. They should have taken a delay of game penalty as the five yards back would have helped the offense since they were going to pass anyway.

That depends on who the replacement turns out to be. That replacement could do worse but could also do better and accomplish what Harbaugh hasnt - win the Super Bowl.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

I think Jim can be just that in the media, but very much the honest and sincere human being in the locker room. Mike Nolan used to be the opposite. Very direct and open with the media, but a major back stabber in the locker room. I think Jim got it right. And that's why I personally like Jim, because he does what's important in order to win. Pleasing the reporters isn't one of those things. The only players who have anything bad to say about Harbaugh are probably just those who didn't understand their role and what they would have to do when they signed on. Brandon Jacobs was probably told he would be nothing more than a situational player, and might not even suit up for every game, yet he still expected more. I'd say his ego lead him to believe that his unmistakable talent would prove too good to be left on the sideline, but that wasn't what he had really signed on for. I seriously doubt Jim is disingenuous in the locker room.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:

I think Jim can be just that in the media, but very much the honest and sincere human being in the locker room. Mike Nolan used to be the opposite. Very direct and open with the media, but a major back stabber in the locker room. I think Jim got it right. And that's why I personally like Jim, because he does what's important in order to win. Pleasing the reporters isn't one of those things. The only players who have anything bad to say about Harbaugh are probably just those who didn't understand their role and what they would have to do when they signed on. Brandon Jacobs was probably told he would be nothing more than a situational player, and might not even suit up for every game, yet he still expected more. I'd say his ego lead him to believe that his unmistakable talent would prove too good to be left on the sideline, but that wasn't what he had really signed on for. I seriously doubt Jim is disingenuous in the locker room.

That's wonderful... you go with that then. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, not much Harbaugh could have done in the RZ at the end. Kaepernick simply isn't great in that area and we could have scored on a TD had he got the ball off on time. I thought for the longest Harbaugh should have never called timeout since Kaepernick would have got it off on time, but he took a snapshot showing that was not the case.

I'm still ticked our defense fell apart in the 2012 playoffs. If we have the 2011/2013 postseason defenses for the Super Bowl run, we pretty much dominate our way to ring #6.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I would agree... easily.

Both have a lot of similar qualities are certainly rub some the wrong way. But I guess that is fine, as long as they continue to get the results that they are getting.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

That's wonderful... you go with that then. Wink

We both know what particular issue you feel he is disingenuous about, right? Wink

But even that particular issue was probably openly discussed, among those concerned. It was unfortunate for one of the parties, but I'm not sure he was actually lied to, and I'm sure he's moved on and is comfortable with the way things evolved for him. I never sensed bitterness from him, so that tells me he himself didn't feel Jim was particularly disingenuous.

Okay, I'm tired of typing that word. It's difficult.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I don't remember the the prior two years, but I thought our game plan this year was probably not even averagely good. Jim is very good, I think, at keeping morale up and getting the guys to play well together. I am never impressed with the x's and o's of our offense. Our game plan against Seattle this year was pretty bad IMHO.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I don't remember the the prior two years, but I thought our game plan this year was probably not even averagely good. Jim is very good, I think, at keeping morale up and getting the guys to play well together. I am never impressed with the x's and o's of our offense. Our game plan against Seattle this year was pretty bad IMHO.

not sure how you can say that.
i cant remember a lot of specifics but i thought our offensive gameplan was pretty good this year. against the pack, we attacked them perfectly each time. we knew when teams would shut down our run game, and kap had a nice gameplan in those games. and when the opposite was true, we ran it down their throats because they couldnt stop it

i know we have hiccups that are like wtf why. but overall i think our o gameplan was good

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Nantz indicated it was Lombardi who made a last-ditch stab for power by back-channelling the discussions between the Browns and 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh in January," wrote Grossi.

“I’ve never had this discussion with Mike, but you know, this whole thing about Jim Harbaugh being entertained by the Browns … you know that was Mike being the one trying to execute that,” Nantz told Grossi. “That’s one of his closest friends, Jim and John Harbaugh. (Jim was) first brought into the NFL by Mike Lombardi. That was a real out-of-the-box move, just like the (Brian) Hoyer thing. That actually had a pulse. I think that was closer than we ever … can you imagine had they pulled that one off?”

No surprise, it was Lombardi who tried to get Harbaugh to Cleveland. Sneaky sneaky guy Laughing.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys think Harbaugh signs an extension before TC? And if he doesn't, how worried should we be?

Even though the Browns trade/Baalke-Harbaugh not talking story were widely discredited, I still feel a little uneasy about losing either of these guys, especially Harbs. I'd feel a lot better if we signed him to an extension before TC. I have a gut feeling (could be totally wrong) that if we don't reach an extension by TC, that Harbaugh will let the season play out and return to the negotiating table only after the 2014-2015 season is over.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25

Jump to: