Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jim Harbaugh or Trent Baalke? If you have to pick one
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jim Harbaugh or Trent Baalke?
Jim Harbaugh
68%
 68%  [ 34 ]
Trent Baalke
32%
 32%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 50

Author Message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 28821
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Yep. I think McDonald was under-utilized, and even mis-utilized (he's big tall TE, not Walker). Then there's plenty of chance for Lemonier to continue developing. I'm doubting he becomes a super-stud, but he could be a solid NFL starter which is all you could ask for out of that pick. And we've not only got Lattimore and Tank coming off injury, we've still got Dial too. Oh, and almost forgot that Patton was hurt at a key part of the season which kind of stunted his development. I still have high hopes for him too. I guess I'd be surprised if they all became great players, but I'd be surprised too in none of them did.


McDonald could definitely become a bigger part of the offense and I'm hoping most of his issues were due to the complex offense. When he did get opportunities, unfortunately he dropped the ball. Still, his physical style after the catch makes him intriguing to me.

I totally forgot about Dial and he may be in the rotation.

Patton is a guy that may be turned to the 4th WR if we draft one in the early rounds. Just get him the ball and he makes things happen. So heck, maybe we don't take a WR in the first two rounds since the coaching staff believes in Patton.

I think Lemonier will be a very solid pass rusher. He needs to add a little weight, but damn is he quick off the snap. I think he gets about 5-7 sacks next year in situational downs.

Carradine and Lattimore have chances to be game changers. If Carradine is as good as some believe, then GREAT. And if Lattimore becomes Gore 2.0? This draft will be right up with 2010 and 2011.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13665
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Patton is a guy that may be turned to the 4th WR if we draft one in the early rounds. Just get him the ball and he makes things happen. So heck, maybe we don't take a WR in the first two rounds since the coaching staff believes in Patton.



I personally feel Patton is a lock for our #3 WR, next year. The only reason I think we might draft a receiver high is if the FO thinks Crabtree walks next year, or that Boldin retires or gets cut. If we draft one in the first round, I can guarantee one of our receivers doesn't return next year.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13665
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And by "guarantee", I don't mean that I know it for a fact. More like an electronic is "guaranteed" in case it fails, you get your money back. It's not a guarantee it won't fail. If I'm wrong, you'll get your money back.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40578
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easier for fans to say this... mainly because we will have more WRs targeted than the SF decision-makers will... but I would draft an early WR for many reasons...
(1) the quality of them in this draft class
(2) what else we gonna blow all these draft picks fer?
(3) if any of the top trio get injured, then we cry lots
(4) we may as well suspect that Boldin and Crabtree won't be around for long
(5) may as well suspect (pray) that our offense will evolve to include more WR sets.

I don't think we need to go wild on WR selections.. even just one rd 1-4 prospect will do..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23489
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
This settles the debate:



Sorry, but Harbaugh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Baalke

ALL HE DOES IS WIN
my dude harbaugh knows what to do. find the camera jim! yeah buddy Cool Laughing


"Did you get that?! Yeah!" I love Jim. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13665
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Easier for fans to say this... mainly because we will have more WRs targeted than the SF decision-makers will... but I would draft an early WR for many reasons...
(1) the quality of them in this draft class
(2) what else we gonna blow all these draft picks fer?
(3) if any of the top trio get injured, then we cry lots
(4) we may as well suspect that Boldin and Crabtree won't be around for long
(5) may as well suspect (pray) that our offense will evolve to include more WR sets.

I don't think we need to go wild on WR selections.. even just one rd 1-4 prospect will do..



Oh, I can see us up to 3 WRs in this draft. But most people seem to be discussing "game changers", and I just don't see a rookie WR having a huge impact on offense this year. Maybe as a returner, but that's all. But it might be important to get one now, because it will be far more interesting to have a WR with a minimum of experience instead of a rookie.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 28821
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Patton being a lock at all if we trade up for someone like Evans. Obviously training camp will dictate most of this, and who performs better from our rookie WR compared to Patton will be our 3rd WR.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14823
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Patton is a guy that may be turned to the 4th WR if we draft one in the early rounds. Just get him the ball and he makes things happen. So heck, maybe we don't take a WR in the first two rounds since the coaching staff believes in Patton.



I personally feel Patton is a lock for our #3 WR, next year. The only reason I think we might draft a receiver high is if the FO thinks Crabtree walks next year, or that Boldin retires or gets cut. If we draft one in the first round, I can guarantee one of our receivers doesn't return next year.


Agreed. Boldin will almost certainly be gone in two years, or a shadow of what he was this year. And I rate the likelihood of Crabs moving on as pretty high. So given how reluctant we are to use rookies very much, this would be the time to bring one in and give him a year or two to learn the system before Q and/or Crabs are gone.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14823
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Easier for fans to say this... mainly because we will have more WRs targeted than the SF decision-makers will... but I would draft an early WR for many reasons...
(1) the quality of them in this draft class
(2) what else we gonna blow all these draft picks fer?
(3) if any of the top trio get injured, then we cry lots
(4) we may as well suspect that Boldin and Crabtree won't be around for long
(5) may as well suspect (pray) that our offense will evolve to include more WR sets.

I don't think we need to go wild on WR selections.. even just one rd 1-4 prospect will do..



Oh, I can see us up to 3 WRs in this draft. But most people seem to be discussing "game changers", and I just don't see a rookie WR having a huge impact on offense this year. Maybe as a returner, but that's all. But it might be important to get one now, because it will be far more interesting to have a WR with a minimum of experience instead of a rookie.


Patton was a mid-rounder, and hurt during a key part of the season. Yet he was making some contribution by year-end. There's every reason to think a real stud who stays healthy and develops throughout the season could be a ggame-changer by playoff time next year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 28821
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49 now
Jim Harbaugh on half-court shot: "Oh, you heard about that? Humility prevents me from really going into it." http://49rs.me/1kBoThC


Coach Harbaugh GOAT!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23489
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
Yep. I think McDonald was under-utilized, and even mis-utilized (he's big tall TE, not Walker). Then there's plenty of chance for Lemonier to continue developing. I'm doubting he becomes a super-stud, but he could be a solid NFL starter which is all you could ask for out of that pick. And we've not only got Lattimore and Tank coming off injury, we've still got Dial too. Oh, and almost forgot that Patton was hurt at a key part of the season which kind of stunted his development. I still have high hopes for him too. I guess I'd be surprised if they all became great players, but I'd be surprised too in none of them did.


McDonald could definitely become a bigger part of the offense and I'm hoping most of his issues were due to the complex offense. When he did get opportunities, unfortunately he dropped the ball. Still, his physical style after the catch makes him intriguing to me.

I totally forgot about Dial and he may be in the rotation.

Patton is a guy that may be turned to the 4th WR if we draft one in the early rounds. Just get him the ball and he makes things happen. So heck, maybe we don't take a WR in the first two rounds since the coaching staff believes in Patton.

I think Lemonier will be a very solid pass rusher. He needs to add a little weight, but damn is he quick off the snap. I think he gets about 5-7 sacks next year in situational downs.

Carradine and Lattimore have chances to be game changers. If Carradine is as good as some believe, then GREAT. And if Lattimore becomes Gore 2.0? This draft will be right up with 2010 and 2011.


Baalke went on to say that McDonald had too much on his plate, so we should definitely see some improvement next year. It reminded me of how Vernon struggled in this offense at first.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 28821
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I could completely see that since our veterans still struggle with the complicated offense. Can he improve on those hands though?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40578
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Yep, I could completely see that since our veterans still struggle with the complicated offense. Can he improve on those hands though?


Even the legendary Jerry Rice had a case of the dropsies in his first year.. and he actually was targeted often.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13665
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Yep, I could completely see that since our veterans still struggle with the complicated offense. Can he improve on those hands though?


Even the legendary Jerry Rice had a case of the dropsies in his first year.. and he actually was targeted often.



Yeah, with our offense, I sometimes got the sense that some rarely used players were almost surprised when a pass came their way. When you're involved in the game, you focus a lot more. I never felt Vance had bad hands, he just had to attempt more tough catches than easy ones. We all remember the deep throw down the middle he couldn't catch. It wasn't exactly an easy catch. VD has dropped a ton of those over the shoulder throws, and he's gotten significantly better. I wouldn't hold that against Vance. Vance was targeted only 19 times, and had 3 drops. Give him more opportunities and he'll make more plays and gain confidence. Just 19 targets...
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40578
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Yep, I could completely see that since our veterans still struggle with the complicated offense. Can he improve on those hands though?


Even the legendary Jerry Rice had a case of the dropsies in his first year.. and he actually was targeted often.



Yeah, with our offense, I sometimes got the sense that some rarely used players were almost surprised when a pass came their way. When you're involved in the game, you focus a lot more. I never felt Vance had bad hands, he just had to attempt more tough catches than easy ones. We all remember the deep throw down the middle he couldn't catch. It wasn't exactly an easy catch. VD has dropped a ton of those over the shoulder throws, and he's gotten significantly better. I wouldn't hold that against Vance. Vance was targeted only 19 times, and had 3 drops. Give him more opportunities and he'll make more plays and gain confidence. Just 19 targets...


well said... glad that you elaborated and looked up the targets/drops... This means I win the lazy-arse award for today!!!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 20 of 25

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group