Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jim Harbaugh or Trent Baalke? If you have to pick one
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jim Harbaugh or Trent Baalke?
Jim Harbaugh
68%
 68%  [ 34 ]
Trent Baalke
32%
 32%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 50

big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
We're both demanding and we want to be accountable for ourselves, for each other," Harbaugh said. "If you haven't had a brother, you probably don't understand the relationship between the GM and the head coach. We're partners on the same team. I have great respect for him. He works extremely hard at it and is very good at it. We are all part of a team. I believe in the structure we have. I don't want to change anything that we do in that regard."

Quote:
As for reports that Baalke and Harbaugh barely communicate, Harbaugh said "we talk daily, hourly." (He was actually in a meeting with Baalke and others before we talked.)

Quote:
"I have never been a guy that wants to get extensions," he says. "If the guy at the top is getting extensions every year or two, it sends everybody else to the water cooler. The reason is, in any kind of budget, you have so much money for coaches. At some point it comes down to a pool of money for the coaches. When I started out, I was making $5 million. You run back for an extension, it shrinks the pool."

Quote:
"There was never any opportunity to leave the San Francisco 49ers," he says. "If that existed, it existed in somebody else's mind, not mine. I am too fond of my team, the players, the coaches. I really feel like we have one of the best, if not the best organizations in football."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140303/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-contract-trent-baalke-jed-york/#ixzz2uxZ7BaFM

Guys what is the issue here? Laughing

Jim's usually terible with the press, particularly when he's ticked off about something. But his answers here were fantastic. I hope they're all true.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
I asked Harbaugh about these rumors. Let's start with the last one first. Can he envision a scenario in which he leaves the 49ers before his contract expires?
"No," Harbaugh said. "Zero opportunity or chance of that in my mind."
Harbaugh said he would not negotiate in the media. Instead, our conversation was something of an anti-negotiation. He talked about all the things people think he wants.
"I see all these reports about how I want to be the highest-paid coach in football," Harbaugh said. "They presume I covet some kind of extension. I have never said to anybody that I want to be the highest-paid coach in football. I have never said that to anybody -- my wife, my brother, my dad. I make plenty of money.
"The other one is that I want more power. I have never said that, nor do I want any more power than I have. I coach the team. I've told my owner I don't want any more power. I want to coach the team. And I've never told anybody else otherwise."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140303/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-contract-trent-baalke-jed-york/#ixzz2uxWFT0dA

Quote:
As for reports that Baalke and Harbaugh barely communicate, Harbaugh said "we talk daily, hourly." (He was actually in a meeting with Baalke and others before we talked.)

That Jason La Canfora story of the two not even talking face to face can be put to rest now.

Boldin put to rest the notion that players are tired of Harbaugh.

The browns trading for Harbaugh story was already discredited (they called, we and harbs weren't interested).

these were the 3 biggest stories and all are either wrong or exaggerated. if thats the case...than what are we, as fans, worried about? should we even be worried?

La Canfora and Mike Florio wrong again, how shocking.

Fixed it.. Wink

La Canfora and his sources are the worst though. It's really unbelievable CBS hired this guy.

Florio was just tossed a bone by Mike Lombardi or Joe Banner and he ran with it.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
You can't just buy EVERYTHING Harbaugh says, but some of the stuff surely was over exaggerated. No doubt they do clash and some players may not like his coaching style. But to say we need a new HC or FAs aren't going to re-sign? Taking it way tooooooooooooooooooooo far.

Absolutely this. We are talking about the same guy who "wasnt looking to sign Peyton Manning" and who said that "Alex Smith would be the starter when he came back from injury". Jim does whats best for Jim and his team, Jim comes first and he has every right to do that. I dont beleiev for a minute that the reports are false. They are surely exaggerated, but we cant just discredit them.

Who's idea was it to bring in Jacobs? Who wanted Jenkins? Who wanted LaMike? All of these players were and are never weres under Jim. 2 of the 3 have voiced their displeasure regarding either Jim or the PT they have received. Do any of you really think that if Jim didnt want a guy, but Baalke brought that player in anyways that it would actually be above Jim to just not use the guy as a way to flex his muscle?

Jim is very calculated and cerebral in the things he does from how he motivates, to the media, to even how he dresses. Everything that he does is done to garner a reaction. He knows what he is doing. I absolutely believe their is major friction between Baalke and Harbaugh, but I dont belive he is losing the locker room. He is demanding and hard on his players, but he wins so he can be. I dont believe his act is tired, but if they started to have some down seasons it would be. Jim will not coach here for 10 years. At some point they will have soem turnover and there will be struggles that ensue and the tantrums and the malcontent with the media will ghrow tiring and they will pounce and eat him alive until they can run him out of town. Just look at what happened the first instance that they smell blood in the water.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the flip side, I'm sure Jim has gotten players he didn't like who ended up getting playing time because they earned it. Its just how it is. Not every FA or draft pick is going to work out. You have to earn your keep here, and you can lose it in an instant if you're injured (Brown, Smith, Jacobs).

On a side note, not necessarily on this forum but others (mainly the .com forums), i've never seen a fanbase obsess over 1 draft pick as they do over AJ Jenkins. They completely forget 2010, 2011, and 2013 1st round picks that are all starting, and act like AJ Jenkins is the cause of some major chasm. Just because a 1st round pick sucked and was shipped out doesn't mean the GM and HC are at war. Last i checked, Baalke was the one who traded him when AJ couldn't move up the depth chart. Its like they expect perfection. Hitting on 4/5 1st round picks is a major win IMO.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
On the flip side, I'm sure Jim has gotten players he didn't like who ended up getting playing time because they earned it. Its just how it is. Not every FA or draft pick is going to work out. You have to earn your keep here, and you can lose it in an instant if you're injured (Brown, Smith, Jacobs).

On a side note, not necessarily on this forum but others (mainly the .com forums), i've never seen a fanbase obsess over 1 draft pick as they do over AJ Jenkins. They completely forget 2010, 2011, and 2013 1st round picks that are all starting, and act like AJ Jenkins is the cause of some major chasm. Just because a 1st round pick sucked and was shipped out doesn't mean the GM and HC are at war. Last i checked, Baalke was the one who traded him when AJ couldn't move up the depth chart. Its like they expect perfection. Hitting on 4/5 1st round picks is a major win IMO.

I can remember a former #1 pick that still generates a lot of descinsion amongst Niner fans and he is gone now too. The fcat is that when your weak spot as a franchise is and has been for a while the WR position if you miss on a guy in the first that many didnt see as a first you deserve the flak. If Aldon wasnt what he turned out to be we would be killing Baalke for it. Just as he gets his due credit for seeing the talent in him that most didnt see that early. Its a double edged sword.

I dont think that anyone can deny that Jim appears to be difficult to deal with. There have been some questionable moves made that have had direct impacts on those players attitudes or opinions of Harbaugh. Nobody is coming out saying that Baalke guy is a jerk or bashing the way he runs a franchise. Any complaints have been about the head coach. It doesnt mean he is in the wrong, but if there is fire I would imagine it is generated from Harbaugh not Baalke.

I think Harbaugh making his statement to SI is somewhat true, but a padded truth. I wouldnt be surprised if Jed had a little sit down with Harbaugh and basically told him to keep quiet and after the draft they will talk extension. The Niners are handling this right. They are giving it very little public attention and before we know it something else will come up and then they can extend Harbaugh and all looks swell again in Santa Clara.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure LaMichael James was a Harbaugh pick. I remember him talking James up after we picked him, how he had great games against Stanford ect. I loved the pick too, but that's a discussion for a different thread. I don't think who picked who has any barring on who plays tbh. I think the best players play, which is why I think the team likes playing for Harbaugh so much. You see guys like TJE and Ian Williams getting playing time while LaMichael James (2nd round pick) and Jon Baldwin (1st round pick) are on the sidelines (insert well they're on offense comment). The point I'm trying to make is I don't think Harbaugh is going to sabotage this team to try and prove a point to Baalke. The best player plays PERIOD.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:

this one's easy. It wasn't just Jenkins. That entire Draftwas terrible. And way too soon to declare 2013 a success. Only one player has proven himself a solid d NFL starter so far.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
I'm pretty sure LaMichael James was a Harbaugh pick. I remember him talking James up after we picked him, how he had great games against Stanford ect. I loved the pick too, but that's a discussion for a different thread. I don't think who picked who has any barring on who plays tbh. I think the best players play, which is why I think the team likes playing for Harbaugh so much. You see guys like TJE and Ian Williams getting playing time while LaMichael James (2nd round pick) and Jon Baldwin (1st round pick) are on the sidelines (insert well they're on offense comment). The point I'm trying to make is I don't think Harbaugh is going to sabotage this team to try and prove a point to Baalke. The best player plays PERIOD.

but he did the same with aj after the draft too.

new sig... sorry alex
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
this one's easy. It wasn't just Jenkins. That entire Draftwas terrible. And way too soon to declare 2013 a success. Only one player has proven himself a solid d NFL starter so far.

My issue here is some of the more boisterous fans on the .com and webzone act like AJ is the 1 single acquisition Baalke has made. They ignore success before AND after the Jenkins pick to fit their narrative. It's just a little weird to me.

I'm not saying baalke is perfect, I'm just not sure why 1 bad 1st rounder outweighs everything else. If harbaugh and Baalke are feuding over 1 bad 1st rounder (doubt it) than this relationship will never work in the long run.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

My issue here is some of the more boisterous fans on the .com and webzone act like AJ is the 1 single acquisition Baalke has made. They ignore success before AND after the Jenkins pick to fit their narrative. It's just a little weird to me.

I'm not saying baalke is perfect, I'm just not sure why 1 bad 1st rounder outweighs everything else. If harbaugh and Baalke are feuding over 1 bad 1st rounder (doubt it) than this relationship will never work in the long run.

Big generalization here, but I'm seeing it as one great draft year, one terrible draft year, and one that the jury is still out on but I'm still pretty hopeful about.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jury is definitely out on the 2013 draft class, but some national writers think it was a complete failure. I have no idea how they could make that case this early, especially when there were barely any opportunities. What we do know is we got a Pro Bowl caliber player in the 1st round. Now, lets see how McDonald improves from year 1 to year 2, and how the two red shirt rookies do. It has the potential to be a DAMN good draft. To the level of the 2011 class or even the 2010 class? Probably not, but those were just GREAT.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
The jury is definitely out on the 2013 draft class, but some national writers think it was a complete failure. I have no idea how they could make that case this early, especially when there were barely any opportunities. What we do know is we got a Pro Bowl caliber player in the 1st round. Now, lets see how McDonald improves from year 1 to year 2, and how the two red shirt rookies do. It has the potential to be a DAMN good draft. To the level of the 2011 class or even the 2010 class? Probably not, but those were just GREAT.

Yep. I think McDonald was under-utilized, and even mis-utilized (he's big tall TE, not Walker). Then there's plenty of chance for Lemonier to continue developing. I'm doubting he becomes a super-stud, but he could be a solid NFL starter which is all you could ask for out of that pick. And we've not only got Lattimore and Tank coming off injury, we've still got Dial too. Oh, and almost forgot that Patton was hurt at a key part of the season which kind of stunted his development. I still have high hopes for him too. I guess I'd be surprised if they all became great players, but I'd be surprised too in none of them did.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:

Its not about sabotaging your own team. I think Harbaugh trusts his evaluations of players more then anyone else's evaluation. So in a hypothetical situation where Baalke wanted to bring someone in like a Jacobs, Jenkins, James etc. maybe Harbaugh didnt want to because he didnt see the value in the player, but Baalke ends up making the decision anyways which could in turn fuel the discontent between the two and starts a power struggle between the two where ultimately Harbaugh will decide if the players get on the field.

Its not a sabotage unless he is keeping players off the field who can truly make the team better or at the least contribute to making the team better, which has not been the case yet.

Its totally a hypothetical, but I for one can surely see this as a problem between the two. A former scout, young hot shot GM who has seen the re emergence of one of the greatest franchises in league history under a majority of his watch versus and ego maniacal, god complex, sometimes too smart for his own good very successful head coach. I dont think its very hard to see the ability for the contention to be there.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This settles the debate:

Sorry, but Harbaugh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Baalke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
This settles the debate:

Sorry, but Harbaugh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Baalke

ALL HE DOES IS WIN
my dude harbaugh knows what to do. find the camera jim! yeah buddy Cool Laughing

new sig... sorry alex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 19 of 24

Jump to: