Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jim Harbaugh or Trent Baalke? If you have to pick one
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jim Harbaugh or Trent Baalke?
Jim Harbaugh
68%
 68%  [ 34 ]
Trent Baalke
32%
 32%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 50

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest, I know you're from the Bay, but can we chill with the word hella? Laughing

Every person I know from the Bay uses hella in every sentence.

"I hella want to go watch this movie"

"I hella want to buy this game"

"I hella want to draft this WR"

Lets just say my cousin from the Bay was over this weekend and used these sentences LOL.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I asked Harbaugh about these rumors. Let's start with the last one first. Can he envision a scenario in which he leaves the 49ers before his contract expires?
"No," Harbaugh said. "Zero opportunity or chance of that in my mind."
Harbaugh said he would not negotiate in the media. Instead, our conversation was something of an anti-negotiation. He talked about all the things people think he wants.
"I see all these reports about how I want to be the highest-paid coach in football," Harbaugh said. "They presume I covet some kind of extension. I have never said to anybody that I want to be the highest-paid coach in football. I have never said that to anybody -- my wife, my brother, my dad. I make plenty of money.
"The other one is that I want more power. I have never said that, nor do I want any more power than I have. I coach the team. I've told my owner I don't want any more power. I want to coach the team. And I've never told anybody else otherwise."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140303/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-contract-trent-baalke-jed-york/#ixzz2uxWFT0dA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
49ers Finest, I know you're from the Bay, but can we chill with the word hella? Laughing

Every person I know from the Bay uses hella in every sentence.

"I hella want to go watch this movie"

"I hella want to buy this game"

"I hella want to draft this WR"

Lets just say my cousin from the Bay was over this weekend and used these sentences LOL.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We're both demanding and we want to be accountable for ourselves, for each other," Harbaugh said. "If you haven't had a brother, you probably don't understand the relationship between the GM and the head coach. We're partners on the same team. I have great respect for him. He works extremely hard at it and is very good at it. We are all part of a team. I believe in the structure we have. I don't want to change anything that we do in that regard."

Quote:
As for reports that Baalke and Harbaugh barely communicate, Harbaugh said "we talk daily, hourly." (He was actually in a meeting with Baalke and others before we talked.)

Quote:
"I have never been a guy that wants to get extensions," he says. "If the guy at the top is getting extensions every year or two, it sends everybody else to the water cooler. The reason is, in any kind of budget, you have so much money for coaches. At some point it comes down to a pool of money for the coaches. When I started out, I was making $5 million. You run back for an extension, it shrinks the pool."

Quote:
"There was never any opportunity to leave the San Francisco 49ers," he says. "If that existed, it existed in somebody else's mind, not mine. I am too fond of my team, the players, the coaches. I really feel like we have one of the best, if not the best organizations in football."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140303/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-contract-trent-baalke-jed-york/#ixzz2uxZ7BaFM

Guys what is the issue here? Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
I asked Harbaugh about these rumors. Let's start with the last one first. Can he envision a scenario in which he leaves the 49ers before his contract expires?
Harbaugh said he would not negotiate in the media. Instead, our conversation was something of an anti-negotiation. He talked about all the things people think he wants.
"I see all these reports about how I want to be the highest-paid coach in football," Harbaugh said. "They presume I covet some kind of extension. I have never said to anybody that I want to be the highest-paid coach in football. I have never said that to anybody -- my wife, my brother, my dad. I make plenty of money.
"The other one is that I want more power. I have never said that, nor do I want any more power than I have. I coach the team. I've told my owner I don't want any more power. I want to coach the team. And I've never told anybody else otherwise."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140303/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-contract-trent-baalke-jed-york/#ixzz2uxWFT0dA

Quote:
As for reports that Baalke and Harbaugh barely communicate, Harbaugh said "we talk daily, hourly." (He was actually in a meeting with Baalke and others before we talked.)

That Jason La Canfora story of the two not even talking face to face can be put to rest now.

Boldin put to rest the notion that players are tired of Harbaugh.

The browns trading for Harbaugh story was already discredited (they called, we and harbs weren't interested).

these were the 3 biggest stories and all are either wrong or exaggerated. if thats the case...than what are we, as fans, worried about? should we even be worried?
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't just buy EVERYTHING Harbaugh says, but some of the stuff surely was over exaggerated. No doubt they do clash and some players may not like his coaching style. But to say we need a new HC or FAs aren't going to re-sign? Taking it way tooooooooooooooooooooo far.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
You can't just buy EVERYTHING Harbaugh says, but some of the stuff surely was over exaggerated. No doubt they do clash and some players may not like his coaching style. But to say we need a new HC or FAs aren't going to re-sign? Taking it way tooooooooooooooooooooo far.

I think there's some tension, it doesn't become a story without some truth to it. But the worst stories (La Canfora, Killion, Florio) seem to be greatly exaggerated.

I feel a lot better about this situation than i did last week.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New theory... the source of friction between Harbaugh and management: spending more money to keep assistants, like Donatell?

By all accounts, Donatell is being paid more than just about any position coach in the NFL. He's paid more like a DC than a DB coach. Is it possible that Harbaugh sticking up for his guys, both players and coaches, perhaps rubs the budget the wrong way? I know we have the money (or that, at least, we will have the money with the new stadium), but any company manages according to a budget, and the top guys don't usually appreciate when a guy somewhere in the middle of the ladder calls the shots as much as Jim does. I'm sure Baalke often has to be the messenger, and when it comes to the players Harbaugh sticks up for, he is the first person affected, as he's the one who has to negotiate with these guys. So that's probably the source of friction.

Anyways, all of it has been overblown. We're keeping Donatell, the staff will be strong yet again, so the team should keep on winning, and winning cures everything.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
We're both demanding and we want to be accountable for ourselves, for each other," Harbaugh said. "If you haven't had a brother, you probably don't understand the relationship between the GM and the head coach. We're partners on the same team. I have great respect for him. He works extremely hard at it and is very good at it. We are all part of a team. I believe in the structure we have. I don't want to change anything that we do in that regard."

Quote:

Quote:
"I have never been a guy that wants to get extensions," he says. "If the guy at the top is getting extensions every year or two, it sends everybody else to the water cooler. The reason is, in any kind of budget, you have so much money for coaches. At some point it comes down to a pool of money for the coaches. When I started out, I was making $5 million. You run back for an extension, it shrinks the pool."

Quote:
"There was never any opportunity to leave the San Francisco 49ers," he says. "If that existed, it existed in somebody else's mind, not mine. I am too fond of my team, the players, the coaches. I really feel like we have one of the best, if not the best organizations in football."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140303/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-contract-trent-baalke-jed-york/#ixzz2uxZ7BaFM

Guys what is the issue here? Laughing

im glad he came out and spoke. it was getting super annoying

my opinion on what THE ISSUES are
1. he wants a gm who will work with him more and take his opinion as a larger component of the draft. he admits their is friction, and there is. and probably is on most teams. but blown way up

2. he and his agent believe he deserved an extension and to have job security. just like you said you cant trust everything he says. hes smart and used his words very specifically. he never "said he wants it" but he thinks he does. and his agent has discussed it. and HE DOES DESERVE IT. and he does deserve to get paid as the top coach. but i dont think thats the issue at all. hes not a money guy. he took less to come here. hes smart. he knows this is the best opp and team. so he might take a little less, but if i was him i wouldnt. it doesnt hurt his teams cap. get your money.

york needs to stop playing tough guy. and give whatever it is that he wants (besides firing balke, but i honestly dont think he wants that). he knows balke is good at his job and helps to make his team better. but he does want balke to be more flexible on drafting and use his opinion more. which i believe is a good idea. maybe aj doesnt happen if he does. balke can draft the good players, but if they dont fit in with our o or d, then it was a bad pick.

i think jim signs a contract if they offer him what he wants in terms of money and length. but if they dont, then i see him finishing his 2 years. and if theres another good opp out there, maybe cleveland, new england, st louis, etc he leaves. if there isnt he signs an extension. and yes i believe clev is a good opp, the teams has a lot of talent and the missing piece is a qb. and jim knows qbs. he may not have immediate success but he will get it

new sig... sorry alex
AMG1713

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
New theory... the source of friction between Harbaugh and management: spending more money to keep assistants, like Donatell?

By all accounts, Donatell is being paid more than just about any position coach in the NFL. He's paid more like a DC than a DB coach. Is it possible that Harbaugh sticking up for his guys, both players and coaches, perhaps rubs the budget the wrong way? I know we have the money (or that, at least, we will have the money with the new stadium), but any company manages according to a budget, and the top guys don't usually appreciate when a guy somewhere in the middle of the ladder calls the shots as much as Jim does. I'm sure Baalke often has to be the messenger, and when it comes to the players Harbaugh sticks up for, he is the first person affected, as he's the one who has to negotiate with these guys. So that's probably the source of friction.

Anyways, all of it has been overblown. We're keeping Donatell, the staff will be strong yet again, so the team should keep on winning, and winning cures everything.

This is something I can buy. Harbaugh seems to always be openly lobbying for new contracts for coaches and players. Maybe he's just stubborn and can't understand why we can't keep everyone.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
im glad he came out and spoke. it was getting super annoying

my opinion on what THE ISSUES are
1. he wants a gm who will work with him more and take his opinion as a larger component of the draft. he admits their is friction, and there is. and probably is on most teams. but blown way up

2. he and his agent believe he deserved an extension and to have job security. just like you said you cant trust everything he says. hes smart and used his words very specifically. he never "said he wants it" but he thinks he does. and his agent has discussed it. and HE DOES DESERVE IT. and he does deserve to get paid as the top coach. but i dont think thats the issue at all. hes not a money guy. he took less to come here. hes smart. he knows this is the best opp and team. so he might take a little less, but if i was him i wouldnt. it doesnt hurt his teams cap. get your money.

york needs to stop playing tough guy. and give whatever it is that he wants (besides firing balke, but i honestly dont think he wants that). he knows balke is good at his job and helps to make his team better. but he does want balke to be more flexible on drafting and use his opinion more. which i believe is a good idea. maybe aj doesnt happen if he does. balke can draft the good players, but if they dont fit in with our o or d, then it was a bad pick.

i think jim signs a contract if they offer him what he wants in terms of money and length. but if they dont, then i see him finishing his 2 years. and if theres another good opp out there, maybe cleveland, new england, st louis, etc he leaves. if there isnt he signs an extension. and yes i believe clev is a good opp, the teams has a lot of talent and the missing piece is a qb. and jim knows qbs. he may not have immediate success but he will get it

I mentioned in another thread where Eddie DeBartlo came out and said the team needs to get Harbaugh linked up immediately and stop playing around. That was basically telling his nephew to stop playing games! He knows how it is to have a coach like Harbaugh, and to drag this on does no good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ted Robinson ‏@tedjrobinson 5m
Saw JHarbaugh Sunday...aired his views on KGO810 this AM...Jim repeated his thoughts to SI. Jim looked me in eye..no doubting his sincerity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

That Jason La Canfora story of the two not even talking face to face can be put to rest now.

The browns trading for Harbaugh story was already discredited (they called, we and harbs weren't interested).

these were the 3 biggest stories and all are either wrong or exaggerated. if thats the case...than what are we, as fans, worried about? should we even be worried?

La Canfora wrong again, how shocking.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

La Canfora and Mike Florio wrong again, how shocking.

Fixed it.. Wink
Ataal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's just Jim being Jim, but am I the only one who thinks it's odd that he used the word "opportunity?" Of all the words he could've used, he used the one word that implies if there was an opportunity to leave(as in a vacancy somewhere and they wanted him), he would leave.

Oh, Jim.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 18 of 25

Jump to: