Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Browns nearly traded for Harbaugh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a whole lot about absolutely nothing (Shakespeare is probably wincing right now...). York got a call, was asked a question, said NO and hung up would be my guess.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
I think this is a whole lot about absolutely nothing (Shakespeare is probably wincing right now...). York got a call, was asked a question, said NO and hung up would be my guess.

That's what I'm thinking. The Browns probably called us about other coaches, and asked about Jim. They asked how much it would to pry him away from us, we said put a ridiculous price tag, or we shot it down right away.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^yep this is the story I am going with. Everyone else(the media) just wants to blow it all out of proportion.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://grantland.com/features/the-curious-case-of-jim-harbaugh/

Quote:
To be honest, I think the 49ers end up re-signing Harbaugh before long. It’s the best move for both him and the team. This might end up as only a trivial footnote on Harbaugh’s Wikipedia page, but if there’s more than meets the eye here, it could be the first sign that Harbaugh’s successful reign in San Francisco is beginning to come to an end.

sbrown

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk if it has been stated, but according to several cleveland reporters, JH reached out to the Browns prior to them hiring their new coach.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna lie, if we traded Harbaugh for Clevelands first round picks and Josh Gordon...I'd be sad, but there would be soooo much potential to build this team into an even bigger power.

Then we'd just need some sorta coach...maybe like Dennis Erickson.

xsaMainevent on the sig
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
Not gonna lie, if we traded Harbaugh for Clevelands first round picks and Josh Gordon...I'd be sad, but there would be soooo much potential to build this team into an even bigger power.

Then we'd just need some sorta coach...maybe like Dennis Erickson.

I would have been alright if we did this last off-season, then we'd probably get a good shot at Chip Kelly.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
Idk if it has been stated, but according to several cleveland reporters, JH reached out to the Browns prior to them hiring their new coach.

If that was the case he would have been gone. Look at the Crabtree negotiation, the first Harbaugh negotiation in 2011. Its yorks way or the highway.

As for any new potential HC's...give me Dan Quinn.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Dan Quinn? If we are going to defensive coach, give me Nick Saban. I think the second time around he will be better, but I'd actually like an offensive mind. Our defense is going to be strong regardless, and it is much better to have an Xs and Os type of coach. A coach that will be a master game planner. But that is just my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Why Dan Quinn? If we are going to defensive coach, give me Nick Saban. I think the second time around he will be better, but I'd actually like an offensive mind. Our defense is going to be strong regardless, and it is much better to have an Xs and Os type of coach. A coach that will be a master game planner. But that is just my opinion.

He really helped elevate that Seattle defense (Bennett and Avril helped too, i'm sure). He just seems like he has a good football mind, and like you, i want our HC to be someone who's really good at Xs and Os. I too would prefer an offensive guy, but i don't really know of any good offensive coaches. Maybe Hue Jackson, who's actually a really good offensive HC...his DC sucked and he had too much power when Al died. But other than that i'm not sure.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That defense was ranked #1 even the season prior, and they made some upgrades to improve their pass rush. I'd still say he did a damn good job as that defense was historic this season, but I think there could be better options.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really a moot point now, but IF it did happen and we got their 2 first and 2 seconds (or josh gordon) i would strongly consider Jimbo fisher or art broyles. Offensive strong minds as HC.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
Its really a moot point now, but IF it did happen and we got their 2 first and 2 seconds (or josh gordon) i would strongly consider Jimbo fisher or art broyles. Offensive strong minds as HC.

id consider jimbo. but pass on broyles.
both are far too inconsistent for me though

broyles and his team choken twice this season. both times to teams they expected to win. ok state completely embarrassed them
then they lost to their bowl game to a team they were favored to beat by basically 3 scores. most places had it at 17. and i dont think he has been doing it long enough

jimbo was getting some love last offseason i remember reading

but i would also go towards the offensive side because we are pretty set on d imo.
like socal said malzahn would be good. but lets see what he does with another year in the sec. but hes impressed
i think sumlin and am are going to do very poorly without johnny this year. but he did work in houston and at am so far

new sig... sorry alex
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
sbrown wrote:

id consider jimbo. but pass on broyles.
both are far too inconsistent for me though

broyles and his team choken twice this season. both times to teams they expected to win. ok state completely embarrassed them
then they lost to their bowl game to a team they were favored to beat by basically 3 scores. most places had it at 17. and i dont think he has been doing it long enough

jimbo was getting some love last offseason i remember reading

but i would also go towards the offensive side because we are pretty set on d imo.
like socal said malzahn would be good. but lets see what he does with another year in the sec. but hes impressed
i think sumlin and am are going to do very poorly without johnny this year. but he did work in houston and at am so far

Are you talking about Briles? If so, I'd pass on him too. I don't see his offense translating to the NFL well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
95.7 The GAME ‏@957thegame 33s
.@ClaytonESPN says Jim Harbaugh deserves to be the top paid coach in the NFL. Says he's earned it with his success. #49ers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: