Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Browns nearly traded for Harbaugh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Yeah, once he got fired he went straight to NE. He was practically working for NE even when he was with the NFL Network. Lombardi would give Belichick his opinions on draft prospects or what not. That coaching circle is extremely close and when Pat Hill was the HC at Fresno State, he'd always get advise from Belichick on which guys should and shouldn't declare for the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 52s
Only denials from 49ers about report Jim Harbaugh was nearly traded to Brown. Earlier, I wrote Harbaugh's "long-term future" is uncertain.

It does seem highly unlikely to me. He has a contract here. They have a coach under contract there. And it is Cleveland after all.
What is that supposed to mean?
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Only denials from 49ers about report Jim Harbaugh was nearly traded to Brown. Earlier, I wrote Harbaugh's "long-term future" is uncertain.

It does seem highly unlikely to me. He has a contract here. They have a coach under contract there. And it is Cleveland after all.

What does it matter?

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Has anyone considered that the "trade" to the Browns might be leverage FOR our management? "Sign with us at our price, or else you go to Cleveland!" Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is the Browns asked about it, the Niners asked for some kind of super king's ransom along with stipulations that Harbaugh couldn't take certain members of the coaching staff, and that was the end of it. I was actually in the middle of typing that I doubt Harbaugh even knew about it, before a report popped up on Twitter from Ed Werder saying he didn't know about it.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

I mean that if Jim wanted to leave he could probably have his pick of a lot of jobs. Going to work in Cleveland these days is like the waning days of Al Davis in Oakland.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a rumor going around that we had a deal all set but it fell apart when we tried to make it part of the deal that Cleveland had to take Roman too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns? I don't know about this report. But I do believe there are some problems with Jim Harbaugh in San Fran. Maybe its a power struggle, like Jon Gruden had with Al Davis, who knows but if he leaves it would most likely be a for a big time college team like Michigan.
757-NINER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth is always somewhere in the middle. Are there real tension between JH and Niners management? Yes. JH wasnts to be the highest paid coach in the league and wants more say in how the team is structured. Jed wants to make him top 5 in salary and is very loyal to Baalke and loves what he's done witht the roster. There's a big discrepancy there between the two sides. Now would JH really want to go to Cleveland with no QB and coach in the same division as his brother? Hell to the no. JH ain't dumb. He knows that would be like taking two steps back. And he also knows that this team is oh so close to giving him the ultimate bargaining chip. All is fair in love and contract negotiations. I think Lombardi, being he and JH are so close maybe called the Niners and hypothetical asked what would it take to trade for JH. And management, probably speaking hypothetically, threw out a random bunch of picks and maybe a certain WR. But was this really going to happen? Not even. But if your David Dunn(JH's agent), this story leaking a very successful ploy to show management just how much impact JH has on the fanbase and reminding York how many other fanbases would just love to have him be their headache.
9erNation2013

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What alarms me is that this is the 2nd time we've now heard some treat trying to court Harbs away. Texas being the first. You don't hear that at all with the premiere guys such as Belichick, etc. really makes me wonder if he stays for the long haul. So much of this team is him so I'd be really nervous moving forward as to who a suitable replacement would even be if he wasn't here.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9erNation2013 wrote:
What alarms me is that this is the 2nd time we've now heard some treat trying to court Harbs away. Texas being the first. You don't hear that at all with the premiere guys such as Belichick, etc. really makes me wonder if he stays for the long haul. So much of this team is him so I'd be really nervous moving forward as to who a suitable replacement would even be if he wasn't here.

texas was linked to harbaugh for a few days. they were also linked to carroll, tomlin, etc. they were just throwing whatever they could out there.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
49ers4life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's looking more like Jim won't be our HC very long. Just saw a source on rotoworld saying that they could be headed on their own direction after this season. This sucks, right when were on a verge to winning a super bowl and now all this BS!! Pisses me off!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life wrote:
It's looking more like Jim won't be our HC very long. Just saw a source on rotoworld saying that they could be headed on their own direction after this season. This sucks, right when were on a verge to winning a super bowl and now all this BS!! Pisses me off!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I saw that too but tbh when I read that report, I really got nothing that says we told the browns that we were willing to trade Jim to them. I could see the browns calling and saying hey we are offering THIS for Jim and we denied them.
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if this is headed towards a split (I hope not) I hope we get a kings ransom for him like the Raiders got for Gruden, and we promote Tomsula to HC.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
struby3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
Well if this is headed towards a split (I hope not) I hope we get a kings ransom for him like the Raiders got for Gruden, and we promote Tomsula to HC.

Even better scenario, in my opinion, is that we get a king's ransom for Harbaugh, we hire David Shaw to be HC, and keep Tomsula as DL coach (maybe promote him to AHC as well.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: