Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Browns nearly traded for Harbaugh
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ersfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Report: Browns nearly traded for Harbaugh Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/21/sources-browns-nearly-traded-for-jim-harbaugh/

Quote:
Per multiple league sources, the Cleveland Browns nearly pulled off a trade with the 49ers for the rights to coach Jim Harbaugh.

A deal that would have sent multiple draft picks to San Francisco was in place between the teams. But Harbaugh ultimately decided not to leave the 49ers.

The 49ers could not immediately be reached for comment. Efforts to contact the 49ers continue.

All i can say is WHAT???? Were York/Marathe/Baalke willing to trade Harbs to Cleveland? And Jim was the one who turned it down? Whats going on...

Thats if this is true....PFT is not too reliable when they're quoting "league sources"....

EDIT- found this link. can coaches be traded?

https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/436979157394661376

Quote:
My understanding is that NFL teams cannot trade coaches--rule made after Gruden to Tampa Bay... Has that been changed?

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/01/17/Bucs/NFL_nixes_draft_picks.shtml

Quote:
Now such a deal is against league rules.

The league Thursday banned the type of trade that enabled the Bucs to sign Gruden. The new policy was announced in a memo to all 32 teams by commissioner Paul Tagliabue, league spokesman Greg Aiello said.

^^ Jan 2003

https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/436979157394661376
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From nfl news forum. They made that rule but then allowed it again the next year

This is crazy though. Nfl news also said that browns called to talk to roman and fangio and Jim was the one who said first said he wanted the job.

Also from 95.7 the game. Lombardi is really close to the harbaugh family. And worked with Jim in Oakland. And with John in Philly

Florio is in Indy right now and said that's where he heard it.

Gruden was traded for two first two seconds and 8 mill

new sig... sorry alex
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have been pissed though. Jim is a great coach and we wouldn't be able to replace him

But if this is true. He originally did want to go but then said no last minute.

Would have been crazy though. Let's say they give us their fourth pick this year. And second. Then 1 and 2 and 3 next year.
We get Watkins. And some guys. But then roman as hc?

Jim goes to the browns but if they have 4 then he still has no qb. That's why I think they keep that pick in the deal and he gets teddy or bortles. Or if they give up 4 and he brings kap there Laughing

This would have been so crazy!!!

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, those reports about Harbaugh the entire season were true it seems. I'm glad he stayed but shows he may not be here for long.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was probably ticked off all year that they forced him to trade the real QB..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Welp, those reports about Harbaugh the entire season were true it seems. I'm glad he stayed but shows he may not be here for long.

There's no guarantee this is true either. One report in NFL News says Harbaugh declined to go to Cleveland. Another said Harbaugh wanted to go to Cleveland.

OTOH Florio likes to stir things up, but even Florio wouldn't pull this out of thin air...
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop with this Florio crap, you are STILL in denial I see Laughing . Even Maiocco reported this, and of course his replacement would have been:

Quote:
Comcast SportsNet ‏@CSNAuthentic 3m
Source: Jim Tomsula would likely be #49ers next coach if Jim Harbaugh were to leave (via @MaioccoCSN) http://bit.ly/1bSTlRt #NFL #49ersTalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
League sources have told CSNBayArea.com that 49ers defensive line coach Jim Tomsula would likely be the teamís next coach if Harbaugh were to leave.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/report-browns-nearly-acquired-harbaugh-49ers-trade

Love me some Tomsula but it would be a clear downgrade.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And from Tim Kawakami:

Quote:
Tim KawakamiVerified ‏@timkawakami
Man, remember when I got strafed and strafed for reporting that there was tension inside 49ers HQ focused on Harbaugh?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Stop with this Florio crap, you are STILL in denial I see Laughing . Even Maiocco reported this, and of course his replacement would have been:

Quote:
Comcast SportsNet ‏@CSNAuthentic 3m
Source: Jim Tomsula would likely be #49ers next coach if Jim Harbaugh were to leave (via @MaioccoCSN) http://bit.ly/1bSTlRt #NFL #49ersTalk

i acknowledged both sides could be right....i also said florio probably wouldn't make this up out of thin air. did you read one line? and all maiocco did was re-report pft's story. relax.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "beef" between two strong minded guys in Baalke and Harbaugh is predictable, but it doesn't mean it is necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes it is good to have two individuals like that, but of course they will clash at times. I mainly see this is a money thing and Harbaugh is getting upset the Niners will not pay him top level money. York doesn't want to pay him that type of money until he wins a Super Bowl, and we all know Harbaugh is a stubborn individual. Will suck if he leaves in a year or two though........................

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
i acknowledged both sides could be right....i also said florio probably wouldn't make this up out of thin air. did you read one line? and all maiocco did was re-report pft's story. relax.

My fault.................................

Quote:
John Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff 4m
If any Bay Area fan thinks that Harbaugh & Baalke can continue to work harmoniously lives in lala land. Tension is real

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

My fault.................................

no worries Very Happy

it will be interesting to see what happens with harbaughs contract...if he gets an extension or not.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll if this is true, and it probably is. I would have rathe it went through
This means he won't be here long. And we will get nothin when he leaves. It also means him and Balke really have tension. It also means that now the team know he wanted to leave and probably will.

So I would have rather had AT LEAST two firsts and two seconds. We know te price was high

Also on 95.7 they said that perhaps Lombardi promised the browns a coach off of a small list which was a rumor before. Then he could deliver so they got rid of him. And him may have been one of, if not the guy

new sig... sorry alex
John232

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...The question needs to be asked...

Harbaugh or Balke?

xsaMainevent on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: