Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pryor
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Powerslave


Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 733
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Pryor Reply with quote

Everything I see, I love. Tell me why we shouldnt draft him at 15, and your thoughts, thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mwalker


Joined: 28 Mar 2009
Posts: 347
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to argue hard about it. He could be pretty special.
I'd love to get him after trading down a few spots and picking up an exra 3rd and 5th - then it'd be really exciting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CKSteeler


Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Posts: 4026
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 seems high to me for a guy I don't see as a special player. I would take him over Haha, though. I like Kyle Fuller and Kenny Ladler, as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Powerslave


Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 733
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I see alot fo mocks have Philly taking at 22. I can see trading down to get him before that.

I havent seen a ton of him, Ive seen him in 2 games & all the films- If he's fast enough I think he's special- rare physicality and playmaking ability.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with CK.

Good college player.

Special college player? No.

It has to be a elite safety prospect for me to take them top half of the draft....think Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Troy Polamalu types. He is on the same level as guys like Cyprien and Eric Reid were on last year. Fringe first to second round guys.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63228
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Im with CK.

Good college player.

Special college player? No.

It has to be a elite safety prospect for me to take them top half of the draft....think Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Troy Polamalu types. He is on the same level as guys like Cyprien and Eric Reid were on last year. Fringe first to second round guys.
This. Also, If they can trade down and get him of Haha, that'd be good. The draft is loaded with depth so trading down 5 spots isn't a huge deal
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Powerslave


Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 733
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor looked tight and the unofficlas were 4.62 4.60, but the official has him at 4.58- Same official time as Clinton-Dix 4.58.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jebrick


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 8116
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Pryor Reply with quote

Powerslave wrote:
Everything I see, I love. Tell me why we shouldnt draft him at 15, and your thoughts, thanks


Really? Stiff hips. Slow. They only thing he has is he is a big hitter. Give me Brooks. Faster and better instincts ( read football IQ) than Haha or Pryor.
_________________

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
treat88


Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 6426
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Pryor Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Powerslave wrote:
Everything I see, I love. Tell me why we shouldnt draft him at 15, and your thoughts, thanks


Really? Stiff hips. Slow. They only thing he has is he is a big hitter. Give me Brooks. Faster and better instincts ( read football IQ) than Haha or Pryor.


Absolutely agree about Pryor.

Disagree about Brooks.

Dix is the most well rounded FS in the class from a diagnosis, instincts, and physical characteristics package. He's not Earl Thomas, but he is at least as impactful as Vaccarro which is still a hell of a player.
_________________



"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Pryor Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Powerslave wrote:
Everything I see, I love. Tell me why we shouldnt draft him at 15, and your thoughts, thanks


Really? Stiff hips. Slow. They only thing he has is he is a big hitter. Give me Brooks. Faster and better instincts ( read football IQ) than Haha or Pryor.


Absolutely agree about Pryor.

Disagree about Brooks.

Dix is the most well rounded FS in the class from a diagnosis, instincts, and physical characteristics package. He's not Earl Thomas, but he is at least as impactful as Vaccarro which is still a hell of a player.


Agreed....even though Im not as high on Dix as I was in November, he would still be, by far, the first safety Id take.

Buchanon would be my 2nd choice.

After that, I think its a log jam of guys I rank pretty closely.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 9969
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Im with CK.

Good college player.

Special college player? No.

It has to be a elite safety prospect for me to take them top half of the draft....think Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Troy Polamalu types. He is on the same level as guys like Cyprien and Eric Reid were on last year. Fringe first to second round guys.


my thoughts, verbatim
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63228
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Pryor Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Powerslave wrote:
Everything I see, I love. Tell me why we shouldnt draft him at 15, and your thoughts, thanks


Really? Stiff hips. Slow. They only thing he has is he is a big hitter. Give me Brooks. Faster and better instincts ( read football IQ) than Haha or Pryor.


Absolutely agree about Pryor.

Disagree about Brooks.

Dix is the most well rounded FS in the class from a diagnosis, instincts, and physical characteristics package. He's not Earl Thomas, but he is at least as impactful as Vaccarro which is still a hell of a player.
Agree, and his name is awesome
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CKSteeler


Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Posts: 4026
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Dix didn't go to Alabama, I don't think he's considered a 1st round talent. Even Vacarro was a better athlete.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustPlainNasty


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 7099
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instincts are far better than Cyprien, Reid, and Dix.
_________________
Dcash4 wrote:


...you have a forum resume?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Powerslave


Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 733
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm starting to lose my draft-crush I had on Pryor. I saw a nice breakdown on him on Steelers Depot- The big plays are spectacular, but he's not as solid as Dix. Not sure about the other guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group