Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pryor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Powerslave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Pryor Reply with quote

Everything I see, I love. Tell me why we shouldnt draft him at 15, and your thoughts, thanks
mwalker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to argue hard about it. He could be pretty special.
I'd love to get him after trading down a few spots and picking up an exra 3rd and 5th - then it'd be really exciting.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 seems high to me for a guy I don't see as a special player. I would take him over Haha, though. I like Kyle Fuller and Kenny Ladler, as well.
Powerslave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I see alot fo mocks have Philly taking at 22. I can see trading down to get him before that.

I havent seen a ton of him, Ive seen him in 2 games & all the films- If he's fast enough I think he's special- rare physicality and playmaking ability.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with CK.

Good college player.

Special college player? No.

It has to be a elite safety prospect for me to take them top half of the draft....think Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Troy Polamalu types. He is on the same level as guys like Cyprien and Eric Reid were on last year. Fringe first to second round guys.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Im with CK.

Good college player.

It has to be a elite safety prospect for me to take them top half of the draft....think Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Troy Polamalu types. He is on the same level as guys like Cyprien and Eric Reid were on last year. Fringe first to second round guys.
This. Also, If they can trade down and get him of Haha, that'd be good. The draft is loaded with depth so trading down 5 spots isn't a huge deal
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Powerslave

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor looked tight and the unofficlas were 4.62 4.60, but the official has him at 4.58- Same official time as Clinton-Dix 4.58.
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Pryor Reply with quote

Powerslave wrote:
Everything I see, I love. Tell me why we shouldnt draft him at 15, and your thoughts, thanks

Really? Stiff hips. Slow. They only thing he has is he is a big hitter. Give me Brooks. Faster and better instincts ( read football IQ) than Haha or Pryor.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
treat88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Pryor Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Powerslave wrote:

Really? Stiff hips. Slow. They only thing he has is he is a big hitter. Give me Brooks. Faster and better instincts ( read football IQ) than Haha or Pryor.

Absolutely agree about Pryor.

Disagree about Brooks.

Dix is the most well rounded FS in the class from a diagnosis, instincts, and physical characteristics package. He's not Earl Thomas, but he is at least as impactful as Vaccarro which is still a hell of a player.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Pryor Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Powerslave wrote:

Disagree about Brooks.

Dix is the most well rounded FS in the class from a diagnosis, instincts, and physical characteristics package. He's not Earl Thomas, but he is at least as impactful as Vaccarro which is still a hell of a player.

Agreed....even though Im not as high on Dix as I was in November, he would still be, by far, the first safety Id take.

Buchanon would be my 2nd choice.

After that, I think its a log jam of guys I rank pretty closely.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Im with CK.

Good college player.

my thoughts, verbatim
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Pryor Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Powerslave wrote:

Disagree about Brooks.

Agree, and his name is awesome
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Dix didn't go to Alabama, I don't think he's considered a 1st round talent. Even Vacarro was a better athlete.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instincts are far better than Cyprien, Reid, and Dix.

...you have a forum resume?
Powerslave

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm starting to lose my draft-crush I had on Pryor. I saw a nice breakdown on him on Steelers Depot- The big plays are spectacular, but he's not as solid as Dix. Not sure about the other guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: