Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Combine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 3h
After watching Auburn OT Greg Robinson, some NFL scouts have compared him to former Cowboys Hall-of-Fame Larry Allen

After watching him in the underwear Olympics? LOL.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Quote:
After watching Auburn OT Greg Robinson, some NFL scouts have compared him to former Cowboys Hall-of-Fame Larry Allen

Who said it was because of the combine and not tape lol.

Why are you watching combine if it doesn't mean anything lol.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually not. I watched the qbs throw and a few 40s. Nfl updates to my phone their pal. Laughing
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I'm actually not. I watched the qbs throw and a few 40s. Nfl updates to my phone their pal. Laughing

Ya, ya, watching, updates on phone same diff.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Quote:

I have been saying he is Larry Allen for soooo long!!

His tape, is honestly some of the most dominating tape I have seen in a very long time. I personally see him as a OG. But honestly, not just trying to go for shock value, he could be the best OG of all time. His power/quickness combo is just something I have never seen before. Plus he is so young, and still has too to grow as a player.

I fully understanding over valuing a guy after a good combine. But I don't see that being he case here. Robinson was already a blue chip prospect. Showing us he is more athletic then we originally thought is only just a plus in my eyes.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Quote:

His tape, is honestly some of the most dominating tape I have seen in a very long time. I personally see him as a OG. But honestly, not just trying to go for shock value, he could be the best OG of all time. His power/quickness combo is just something I have never seen before. Plus he is so young, and still has too to grow as a player.

I fully understanding over valuing a guy after a good combine. But I don't see that being he case here. Robinson was already a blue chip prospect. Showing us he is more athletic then we originally thought is only just a plus in my eyes.

i said this...he's an all pro guard, I just cant see using the 7th pick on him...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So everyone was pumped when we signed Nicks for $50,000,000 but guys don't want to use the 7th pick on a T/G... Think

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Quote:

i said this...he's an all pro guard, I just cant see using the 7th pick on him...
I don't think nobody here is doubting his ability as a guard. I think he would make an amazing guard at the next level. Scouts see Larry Allen, which is great but it brings me to my next point…does not project as a LT in the NFL. Larry Allen played G/T with his days with the Cowboys but he was at his best in the inside. I'm assuming they see Robinson the same way.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
So everyone was pumped when we signed Nicks for $50,000,000 but guys don't want to use the 7th pick on a T/G... Think

Free agents are more or less unlimited when you have the cash. We only have a few draft picks, and really only a couple of picks typically yield high quality players. I can sign as many quality free agents as I can afford, but I (usually) only have one first round pick. I wouldn't mind spending a lot of cash on a sure thing, elite guard because I can still sign any players elsewhere and draft. When it comes to a high first round pick like we have, every player we take is a gamble, and I would much rather gamble on a guy who can have a bigger impact on our team than a guard.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Free agents are more or less unlimited when you have the cash. We only have a few draft picks, and really only a couple of picks typically yield high quality players. I can sign as many quality free agents as I can afford, but I (usually) only have one first round pick. I wouldn't mind spending a lot of cash on a sure thing, elite guard because I can still sign any players elsewhere and draft. When it comes to a high first round pick like we have, every player we take is a gamble, and I would much rather gamble on a guy who can have a bigger impact on our team than a guard.

Well drafting Robsinson kills two birds with one stone then. Fills a need because our line needs an overhaul and two buy cutting Penn or Joseph or both it will save $7- 14,000,000 and that will allow us to target the "sure thing" during the fa period.

I also don't think he is limited to g like some. Can he play lt year one... maybe. Could he play rt, and any g spot year one... yup. Think of the versitility we would have with Robsinson and Doston.

I'd be down with him round one and I'd even be down going with Jackson right after in round two.

We can sign a Tate or Saunders in fa for a lot cheaper than we can a top olinmen.

I want the fronts on both sides of the ball upgraded this offseason.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to weigh in on drafting defense even though our defense is ok:

Our pass rush is still pretty bad. Give us a pass rush, a MLB Smith approves of and... Shocked we'd be balling then.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:

Our pass rush is still pretty bad. Give us a pass rush, a MLB Smith approves of and... Shocked we'd be balling then.

Mack in the 1st
Telvin smith in the 2nd
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

Mack in the 1st
Telvin smith in the 2nd

Smith needs to gain about 15 pounds to even consider playing MLB....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
scottonatable wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

Mack in the 1st
Telvin smith in the 2nd

Smith needs to gain about 15 pounds to even consider playing MLB....

Telvin Smith looked really stiff at the combine
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Well drafting Robsinson kills two birds with one stone then. Fills a need because our line needs an overhaul and two buy cutting Penn or Joseph or both it will save $7- 14,000,000 and that will allow us to target the "sure thing" during the fa period.

I also don't think he is limited to g like some. Can he play lt year one... maybe. Could he play rt, and any g spot year one... yup. Think of the versitility we would have with Robsinson and Doston.

I'd be down with him round one and I'd even be down going with Jackson right after in round two.

We can sign a Tate or Saunders in fa for a lot cheaper than we can a top olinmen.

I want the fronts on both sides of the ball upgraded this offseason.

Value my friend. Cardinals and titans took guards early last year in the top 10. Larry warford was a 3rd round pick and was better. Long was a mid first rounder and was better.

We need better value at 7. We can get a Gabe Jackson round 2 IF we don't address in FA. We can find interior guys later in the draft.

If our team had an overall base set, play maker at wr, qb, pass rusher, I'd be ok with Robinson. But we don't have those.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: