Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Combine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7309
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 3h
After watching Auburn OT Greg Robinson, some NFL scouts have compared him to former Cowboys Hall-of-Fame Larry Allen


After watching him in the underwear Olympics? LOL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8608
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 3h
After watching Auburn OT Greg Robinson, some NFL scouts have compared him to former Cowboys Hall-of-Fame Larry Allen


After watching him in the underwear Olympics? LOL.


Who said it was because of the combine and not tape lol.

Why are you watching combine if it doesn't mean anything lol.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7309
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually not. I watched the qbs throw and a few 40s. Nfl updates to my phone their pal. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8608
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I'm actually not. I watched the qbs throw and a few 40s. Nfl updates to my phone their pal. Laughing


Ya, ya, watching, updates on phone same diff.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CHOMP_CHOMP


Joined: 06 Nov 2009
Posts: 3145
Location: Tampa
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 3h
After watching Auburn OT Greg Robinson, some NFL scouts have compared him to former Cowboys Hall-of-Fame Larry Allen


After watching him in the underwear Olympics? LOL.


I have been saying he is Larry Allen for soooo long!!

His tape, is honestly some of the most dominating tape I have seen in a very long time. I personally see him as a OG. But honestly, not just trying to go for shock value, he could be the best OG of all time. His power/quickness combo is just something I have never seen before. Plus he is so young, and still has too to grow as a player.

I fully understanding over valuing a guy after a good combine. But I don't see that being he case here. Robinson was already a blue chip prospect. Showing us he is more athletic then we originally thought is only just a plus in my eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 13752
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 3h
After watching Auburn OT Greg Robinson, some NFL scouts have compared him to former Cowboys Hall-of-Fame Larry Allen


After watching him in the underwear Olympics? LOL.


I have been saying he is Larry Allen for soooo long!!

His tape, is honestly some of the most dominating tape I have seen in a very long time. I personally see him as a OG. But honestly, not just trying to go for shock value, he could be the best OG of all time. His power/quickness combo is just something I have never seen before. Plus he is so young, and still has too to grow as a player.

I fully understanding over valuing a guy after a good combine. But I don't see that being he case here. Robinson was already a blue chip prospect. Showing us he is more athletic then we originally thought is only just a plus in my eyes.


i said this...he's an all pro guard, I just cant see using the 7th pick on him...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8608
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So everyone was pumped when we signed Nicks for $50,000,000 but guys don't want to use the 7th pick on a T/G... Think
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1827
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 3h
After watching Auburn OT Greg Robinson, some NFL scouts have compared him to former Cowboys Hall-of-Fame Larry Allen


After watching him in the underwear Olympics? LOL.


I have been saying he is Larry Allen for soooo long!!

His tape, is honestly some of the most dominating tape I have seen in a very long time. I personally see him as a OG. But honestly, not just trying to go for shock value, he could be the best OG of all time. His power/quickness combo is just something I have never seen before. Plus he is so young, and still has too to grow as a player.

I fully understanding over valuing a guy after a good combine. But I don't see that being he case here. Robinson was already a blue chip prospect. Showing us he is more athletic then we originally thought is only just a plus in my eyes.


i said this...he's an all pro guard, I just cant see using the 7th pick on him...
I don't think nobody here is doubting his ability as a guard. I think he would make an amazing guard at the next level. Scouts see Larry Allen, which is great but it brings me to my next point…does not project as a LT in the NFL. Larry Allen played G/T with his days with the Cowboys but he was at his best in the inside. I'm assuming they see Robinson the same way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 13527
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
So everyone was pumped when we signed Nicks for $50,000,000 but guys don't want to use the 7th pick on a T/G... Think


Free agents are more or less unlimited when you have the cash. We only have a few draft picks, and really only a couple of picks typically yield high quality players. I can sign as many quality free agents as I can afford, but I (usually) only have one first round pick. I wouldn't mind spending a lot of cash on a sure thing, elite guard because I can still sign any players elsewhere and draft. When it comes to a high first round pick like we have, every player we take is a gamble, and I would much rather gamble on a guy who can have a bigger impact on our team than a guard.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8608
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
So everyone was pumped when we signed Nicks for $50,000,000 but guys don't want to use the 7th pick on a T/G... Think


Free agents are more or less unlimited when you have the cash. We only have a few draft picks, and really only a couple of picks typically yield high quality players. I can sign as many quality free agents as I can afford, but I (usually) only have one first round pick. I wouldn't mind spending a lot of cash on a sure thing, elite guard because I can still sign any players elsewhere and draft. When it comes to a high first round pick like we have, every player we take is a gamble, and I would much rather gamble on a guy who can have a bigger impact on our team than a guard.


Well drafting Robsinson kills two birds with one stone then. Fills a need because our line needs an overhaul and two buy cutting Penn or Joseph or both it will save $7- 14,000,000 and that will allow us to target the "sure thing" during the fa period.

I also don't think he is limited to g like some. Can he play lt year one... maybe. Could he play rt, and any g spot year one... yup. Think of the versitility we would have with Robsinson and Doston.

I'd be down with him round one and I'd even be down going with Jackson right after in round two.

We can sign a Tate or Saunders in fa for a lot cheaper than we can a top olinmen.

I want the fronts on both sides of the ball upgraded this offseason.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoeKG


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4199
Location: PA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to weigh in on drafting defense even though our defense is ok:

Our pass rush is still pretty bad. Give us a pass rush, a MLB Smith approves of and... Shocked we'd be balling then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scottonatable


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 762
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Just wanted to weigh in on drafting defense even though our defense is ok:

Our pass rush is still pretty bad. Give us a pass rush, a MLB Smith approves of and... Shocked we'd be balling then.


Mack in the 1st
Telvin smith in the 2nd
_________________
McCoy is the new Sapp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 13752
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Just wanted to weigh in on drafting defense even though our defense is ok:

Our pass rush is still pretty bad. Give us a pass rush, a MLB Smith approves of and... Shocked we'd be balling then.


Mack in the 1st
Telvin smith in the 2nd


Smith needs to gain about 15 pounds to even consider playing MLB....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Caaddy24


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5429
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
scottonatable wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Just wanted to weigh in on drafting defense even though our defense is ok:

Our pass rush is still pretty bad. Give us a pass rush, a MLB Smith approves of and... Shocked we'd be balling then.


Mack in the 1st
Telvin smith in the 2nd


Smith needs to gain about 15 pounds to even consider playing MLB....


Telvin Smith looked really stiff at the combine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7309
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
So everyone was pumped when we signed Nicks for $50,000,000 but guys don't want to use the 7th pick on a T/G... Think


Free agents are more or less unlimited when you have the cash. We only have a few draft picks, and really only a couple of picks typically yield high quality players. I can sign as many quality free agents as I can afford, but I (usually) only have one first round pick. I wouldn't mind spending a lot of cash on a sure thing, elite guard because I can still sign any players elsewhere and draft. When it comes to a high first round pick like we have, every player we take is a gamble, and I would much rather gamble on a guy who can have a bigger impact on our team than a guard.


Well drafting Robsinson kills two birds with one stone then. Fills a need because our line needs an overhaul and two buy cutting Penn or Joseph or both it will save $7- 14,000,000 and that will allow us to target the "sure thing" during the fa period.

I also don't think he is limited to g like some. Can he play lt year one... maybe. Could he play rt, and any g spot year one... yup. Think of the versitility we would have with Robsinson and Doston.

I'd be down with him round one and I'd even be down going with Jackson right after in round two.

We can sign a Tate or Saunders in fa for a lot cheaper than we can a top olinmen.

I want the fronts on both sides of the ball upgraded this offseason.


Value my friend. Cardinals and titans took guards early last year in the top 10. Larry warford was a 3rd round pick and was better. Long was a mid first rounder and was better.

We need better value at 7. We can get a Gabe Jackson round 2 IF we don't address in FA. We can find interior guys later in the draft.

If our team had an overall base set, play maker at wr, qb, pass rusher, I'd be ok with Robinson. But we don't have those.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group