Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Combine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Caaddy24


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 5775
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:


Well what if these bone spurs were what was hindering him last season, and he just didn't want to have the surgery that would have put him out for the year and killed his draft stock... instead he played at halfass and made other excuses for the loss of production..


There was talk out there before this past year that Clowney wanted to sit out this past year since his draft stock was all but guaranteed, and all this season was was more chances for him to get hurt. He was coming off a fantastic season where he would have gone #1 overall last year. If he had an opportunity to sit out the year with the knowledge that his surgery would not affect his NFL chances and he would still be regarded as a top prospect, I'm pretty positive he would have taken it.


Well first of all if he sat out the year it definitely would have killed his draft stock, otherwise why would he be afraid of getting hurt? Why would anybody in college be afraid of getting hurt if it didn't affect their draft stock? I'm pretty sure that whatever kind of affect these bone spurs had on him or would have on him in his future, he had the knowledge of, and if it meant he had to have surgery and sit out the year, he wouldn't have done it until after he gets that top pick contract.. this is all speculation obviously
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 13839
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:


Well first of all if he sat out the year it definitely would have killed his draft stock, otherwise why would he be afraid of getting hurt? Why would anybody in college be afraid of getting hurt if it didn't affect their draft stock? I'm pretty sure that whatever kind of affect these bone spurs had on him or would have on him in his future, he had the knowledge of, and if it meant he had to have surgery and sit out the year, he wouldn't have done it until after he gets that top pick contract.. this is all speculation obviously


His draft stock would be fine. He's an athletic freak who was seen as a generational talent the second he stepped on the field. Him sitting out the year with a legit injury that required surgery but allowed him to workout before the draft wouldn't have changed much. He might not have gone #1, but he certainly would still go top 10.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caaddy24


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 5775
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:


Well first of all if he sat out the year it definitely would have killed his draft stock, otherwise why would he be afraid of getting hurt? Why would anybody in college be afraid of getting hurt if it didn't affect their draft stock? I'm pretty sure that whatever kind of affect these bone spurs had on him or would have on him in his future, he had the knowledge of, and if it meant he had to have surgery and sit out the year, he wouldn't have done it until after he gets that top pick contract.. this is all speculation obviously


His draft stock would be fine. He's an athletic freak who was seen as a generational talent the second he stepped on the field. Him sitting out the year with a legit injury that required surgery but allowed him to workout before the draft wouldn't have changed much. He might not have gone #1, but he certainly would still go top 10.


There is no way in hell he's going top 10 if he's out the year... he'd be lucky to be a first round pick, I don't care what he did in 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 13839
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:


Well first of all if he sat out the year it definitely would have killed his draft stock, otherwise why would he be afraid of getting hurt? Why would anybody in college be afraid of getting hurt if it didn't affect their draft stock? I'm pretty sure that whatever kind of affect these bone spurs had on him or would have on him in his future, he had the knowledge of, and if it meant he had to have surgery and sit out the year, he wouldn't have done it until after he gets that top pick contract.. this is all speculation obviously


His draft stock would be fine. He's an athletic freak who was seen as a generational talent the second he stepped on the field. Him sitting out the year with a legit injury that required surgery but allowed him to workout before the draft wouldn't have changed much. He might not have gone #1, but he certainly would still go top 10.


There is no way in hell he's going top 10 if he's out the year... he'd be lucky to be a first round pick, I don't care what he did in 2012


That's fine that you don't care, but athletic freak pass rushers are heavily sought after. He could have easily gone in the 1st round, possibly top 5.

Quote:
Sorensen writes that Clowney, who is ineligible for the 2013 NFL draft due to the fact that he's only two years removed from high school, has already accomplished all that he needs to accomplish at the college level and can only hurt his draft stock by playing for the Gamecocks in 2013.

On the surface, he's right.


Some believed sitting out would hurt his draft stock, while many GM's simply look at what he does on the field and deem that worthy of a high pick. It's all speculation, we'll never know.

What we do know is that Clowney is a special prospect, and he will be picked top 5. Questions about his work ethic will certainly be asked because, honestly, there is nothing much else to ask him about. Physically he is one of the best prospects ever, so hopefully he's got the rest of it figured out. He wouldn't be the first amazing athlete to not have what it takes for non-physical reasons, and it would be a shame to see so much talent go to waste.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CHOMP_CHOMP


Joined: 06 Nov 2009
Posts: 3489
Location: Tampa
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:


Well first of all if he sat out the year it definitely would have killed his draft stock, otherwise why would he be afraid of getting hurt? Why would anybody in college be afraid of getting hurt if it didn't affect their draft stock? I'm pretty sure that whatever kind of affect these bone spurs had on him or would have on him in his future, he had the knowledge of, and if it meant he had to have surgery and sit out the year, he wouldn't have done it until after he gets that top pick contract.. this is all speculation obviously


His draft stock would be fine. He's an athletic freak who was seen as a generational talent the second he stepped on the field. Him sitting out the year with a legit injury that required surgery but allowed him to workout before the draft wouldn't have changed much. He might not have gone #1, but he certainly would still go top 10.


There is no way in hell he's going top 10 if he's out the year... he'd be lucky to be a first round pick, I don't care what he did in 2012


Robert Quinn did it. Granted he went 14

Clowney is a far superior prospect to Quinn.

So that ends that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravishingone


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3101
Location: Leola
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/21/5427664/jadeveon-clowney-2014-nfl-draft-scouting-report

An excellent write-up on Clowney, from a guy who actually played the position in the NFL, Steve White.

I can only imagine if the internet was available in '95 when allegations of Sapp having a cocaine problem heading into the draft. My basic point is Clowney is an elite talent, and not every player has to be a boy scout. I don't see him getting out of the top 5.
_________________
Be bold.....Don't be afraid!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caaddy24


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 5775
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:


Well first of all if he sat out the year it definitely would have killed his draft stock, otherwise why would he be afraid of getting hurt? Why would anybody in college be afraid of getting hurt if it didn't affect their draft stock? I'm pretty sure that whatever kind of affect these bone spurs had on him or would have on him in his future, he had the knowledge of, and if it meant he had to have surgery and sit out the year, he wouldn't have done it until after he gets that top pick contract.. this is all speculation obviously


His draft stock would be fine. He's an athletic freak who was seen as a generational talent the second he stepped on the field. Him sitting out the year with a legit injury that required surgery but allowed him to workout before the draft wouldn't have changed much. He might not have gone #1, but he certainly would still go top 10.


There is no way in hell he's going top 10 if he's out the year... he'd be lucky to be a first round pick, I don't care what he did in 2012


Robert Quinn did it. Granted he went 14

Clowney is a far superior prospect to Quinn.

So that ends that.


it's gonna be different if it's because of an injury though... nobody will know how he recovers from it or if it will linger... unless of course they blow up the combine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 14109
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We as bucs fans have seen Clowney before, and for a rival....Julius Peppers. He's the same type of player. Dominant when he wants to be, but takes plays off.

When he's on almost no way of stopping him.

I remember Peppers in one game getting 4 sacks against us plus numerous hits. That was an ugly game....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1972
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
We as bucs fans have seen Clowney before, and for a rival....Julius Peppers. He's the same type of player. Dominant when he wants to be, but takes plays off.

When he's on almost no way of stopping him.

I remember Peppers in one game getting 4 sacks against us plus numerous hits. That was an ugly game....
Peppers was an animal. He owned Kenyatta Walker ANNUALLY. It was embarrassing seeing the human penalty get the biotch slap put on him. Peppers was an amazing talent and man Clowney would be awesome to have. But, at this point if we're not trading up picking in the top 2 we probably won't get him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lil' Shorty


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 3698
Location: NC...surrounded by lame Panther fans.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
We as bucs fans have seen Clowney before, and for a rival....Julius Peppers. He's the same type of player. Dominant when he wants to be, but takes plays off.

When he's on almost no way of stopping him.

I remember Peppers in one game getting 4 sacks against us plus numerous hits. That was an ugly game....
Peppers was an animal. He owned Kenyatta Walker ANNUALLY. It was embarrassing seeing the human penalty get the biotch slap put on him. Peppers was an amazing talent and man Clowney would be awesome to have. But, at this point if we're not trading up picking in the top 2 we probably won't get him.

Yes, but I live in NC and any true Panthers fan will be the first to tell you that Peppers was lazy and he was a 10-12 sack a year guy and could have easily been a 15-20 sack a year guy. He showed up when he wanted to and was MIA in some very important games. I want a player I can count on. Hard work and determination win respect and locker room leadership.
_________________

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SappDaddyDance


Joined: 06 Oct 2010
Posts: 550
Location: The Great State of Fist Pumpin and Hair Gel
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
indifference wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
We as bucs fans have seen Clowney before, and for a rival....Julius Peppers. He's the same type of player. Dominant when he wants to be, but takes plays off.

When he's on almost no way of stopping him.

I remember Peppers in one game getting 4 sacks against us plus numerous hits. That was an ugly game....
Peppers was an animal. He owned Kenyatta Walker ANNUALLY. It was embarrassing seeing the human penalty get the biotch slap put on him. Peppers was an amazing talent and man Clowney would be awesome to have. But, at this point if we're not trading up picking in the top 2 we probably won't get him.

Yes, but I live in NC and any true Panthers fan will be the first to tell you that Peppers was lazy and he was a 10-12 sack a year guy and could have easily been a 15-20 sack a year guy. He showed up when he wanted to and was MIA in some very important games. I want a player I can count on. Hard work and determination win respect and locker room leadership.


I feel like this is the Geraldini vs. Ndomikong comparison all over again but now it's Clowney vs. Mack. All the scouts are raving about Mack's determination and hard work (Gerald) when compared to the super talented freak that is Clowney (Suh)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 14109
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SappDaddyDance wrote:
I feel like this is the Geraldini vs. Ndomikong comparison all over again but now it's Clowney vs. Mack. All the scouts are raving about Mack's determination and hard work (Gerald) when compared to the super talented freak that is Clowney (Suh)


Little different. Both played the 3 tech so we saw it already. We dont know if Mack can successfully put his hand in the dirt. But in Mayock's eye's you might be right
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lil' Shorty


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 3698
Location: NC...surrounded by lame Panther fans.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an NFL Network interview with Clowney he was asked who he would be training with once he got back to South Carolina and he said he was still trying to figure that out.. WHAT! Manziel and these other top prospects have had trainers they bond and train with for a few years, or at least a number of months. Clowney is still trying to figure that out. I'm sorry, but Dee Ford's assessment of Clowney is pretty accurate.
_________________

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caaddy24


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 5775
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read this on NFL.com, so it's obviously not just us "internet experts"

Quote:
Sapp was equally adamant that there are issues. He said he had watched Clowney on tape and "I'm ashamed to look at it" and "He ought to be ashamed it's even out there" because of inconsistent play. Sapp said the tape made him question whether Clowney truly "wanted to play this game." Sapp said there was "no aggressiveness, no hunt" from Clowney in a lot of the tape he had seen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 9382
Location: Deadpulse sigging it up
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 3h
After watching Auburn OT Greg Robinson, some NFL scouts have compared him to former Cowboys Hall-of-Fame Larry Allen

_________________

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group