Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Combine Results
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waffles7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
@jimwexell: No surprise, #Steelers to meet with CB Justin Gilbert tonight. He thinks he might run a 4.2.

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell 7h
NT Louis Nix met w Mike Tomlin last night

This too makes me a happy man. If the draft were to start today and Watkins, Mack, and Barr were off the board Ebron and Gilbert are my top two choices I hope we land. Good to see we have some interest in those two.

Unlike many on here I wouldn't be furious if Nix was the pick but I would be disappointed with selecting another lineman making that 5 outta the last 6 drafts we spent on either O or D lineman. I believe we sign Keisel back on a one year deal type thing and we worry about it more next year. I want some difference makers.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. Archer 4.29/4.28

Ka'Deem Carey 4.65/4.62

T. Gaffney 4.43/4.48

S. Johnson 4.50/4.50

H. Josey 4.40/4.40

T. Mason 4.44/4.50

J. McKinnon 4.38/4.35

De'Anthony Thomas 4.34/4.40

James White 4.52/4.53

James Wilder Jr. 4.78 (terrible out of the blocks really affected his time)/4.78 with a clean get off so who knows what to believe.

Andre Wiliams 4.54/4.53

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
waffles7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn, my boy Dri Archer fell just short of Chris Johnson's record! Evil or Very Mad

I'd love to add him as a Day 3 selection.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would happily take Beckham over any other offensive skill player in this class not named Watkins.

He cemented my mancrush over the last couple days for sure.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Quote:
I feel as if my top three guys have put themselves out of reach...
1. Ebron
2. Fuller (even w/o stepping on Lucas Field)
3. D. Moncrief
Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Out of reach at what spot? I think Moncrief and Fuller could both be there in R2. Ebron could be there in R1. His 40 wasn't as impressive as some thought it would be, and he didn't finish all the drills.

Moncrief is a guy who is going to have increasing stock as time goes on, though. He's a R2 guy. He plays as fast as he times, and is the smoothest big WR in this class. Outside the really small guys and Watkins, I don't think anyone cuts as well as he does.

Josh Gordon is a decent comparison.

1,2,3. those are the rounds. Those are the rounds they were projected to go a couple of months ago. So Ebron gone by 15, Fuller before our 2nd and Moncrief before our 3rd.

CKSteeler wrote:
rollins

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney 21 bench reps

Mack 23 bench reps

Barr 15 bench reps

Barr's numbers on the bench are very disappointing even for a player with very long arms.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
How's Jordan Matthews look catching passes lately? His 4.40 dash and large hands stand out a bit, and his 21 reps makes me wonder if he could be coached into being a good blocker.

Looked good. Didn't present any issues.

CKSteeler wrote:
mosteelers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:

Amaro officially 4.74

absolutely idiotic.

dude runs a 4.66 and a 4.62, and somehow his official time is a 4.74?

Official times are so notoriously wrong

So
Are unofficial times

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladarius Perkins reminds me so much of Kendall Hunter. Great speed, quickness, toughness, nice hands, and is an inbetween the tackles runner.

Jeremy Hill looks like he was carved from bricks! Would make for a great combo with him and Bell.

Landry ran a slow 40 but he is still one of my top WRs. He snagged that ball so easily with one hand as he was running the out drill. Reminds me of Cris Carter.

Dri Archer with a blazing 4.26 40 yard dash!! I would play him as slot because he did it all while at KSU.

OBJ is such a smooth athlete. He has blazing speed and his cuts were very crisp. LSU had some talent at WR this year.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the combine, I had Odell Beckham going to the Pats.

Now, I think he could go as early as the Jets or the Ravens (which I hope not, because I am a fan of his and couldnt root for him to succeed in that situation.

In the end, I still think he will be a fringe first rounder, but I do think he could jump up.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
I would happily take Beckham over any other offensive skill player in this class not named Watkins.

He cemented my mancrush over the last couple days for sure.

I've had Beckham as my #2 receiver pretty much all along. I didn't really even consider what he might run. He is a playmaker and will show up in big moments especially, the moment is never really too big. Has exceptional hands.

Landry may be a slightly more exceptional pass catcher (those 10+ hands ) but overall talent has always leaned in Beckham's direction.

Oh Im lying, actually I have the upside of Benjamin ahead of Beckham but Bechkam very easily has a much higher floor.

Have to say these running back times are very disappointing or something is not quite right.

I wouldn't worry too much about Carlos Hyde's time, his value is in those quick feet his longtime is not so much of a concern. On the other hand Jeremy Hill is kind of what I thought and Wilder ? While I didn't expect him to blaze by any means I was really hoping he would surprise. I'm not sure what to make of that right now.

Also a little baffled at Freeman's time, quicker than fast I suppose but I thought he had both abilities.

I have only seen one game of Dri Archer and did not see 4.26 by any means. Middle linebackers were running him down on sweeps etc. The team did not kickoff to him however. I should have another game of his on tap for this week.

...you have a forum resume?
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Ladarius Perkins reminds me so much of Kendall Hunter. Great speed, quickness, toughness, nice hands, and is an inbetween the tackles runner.

Jeremy Hill looks like he was carved from bricks! Would make for a great combo with him and Bell.

Landry ran a slow 40 but he is still one of my top WRs. He snagged that ball so easily with one hand as he was running the out drill. Reminds me of Cris Carter.

Dri Archer with a blazing 4.26 40 yard dash!! I would play him as slot because he did it all while at KSU.

OBJ is such a smooth athlete. He has blazing speed and his cuts were very crisp. LSU had some talent at WR this year.

I didn't think he participated in any of the drills after pulling up lame (calf) after his first 40.

CKSteeler wrote:
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

I have only seen one game of Dri Archer and did not see 4.26 by any means. Middle linebackers were running him down on sweeps etc. The team did not kickoff to him however. I should have another game of his on tap for this week.

Shocked

I saw some Dri Archer this year and holy crap he's one of the fastest guys I've ever seen

edti - crap, couldn't find the game, "terminated tdue to 3rd party violations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dpvSqIAge4

so some highlights. Really blows up the angles on a lot of plays. Not a great video but a few plays his speed is pretty evident
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

I didn't think he participated in any of the drills after pulling up lame (calf) after his first 40.

No. He did the one step speed out toe tap drill and made that catch. He was grimacing afterwards and he was told to shut it down and wait for his pro day.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
95lloyd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:

Moncrief is a guy who is going to have increasing stock as time goes on, though. He's a R2 guy. He plays as fast as he times, and is the smoothest big WR in this class. Outside the really small guys and Watkins, I don't think anyone cuts as well as he does.

Moncrief had a pretty average short shuttle time though. It seems to be a pretty good indicator for how quickly guys transition in and out of cuts.

4.32 is pretty pedestrian, although surprisingly Watkins had similar time.

Bryant, Street, Robinson, Janis. Abbrederis were all taller guys who were 4.15 or lower.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: