You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Combine Results
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbrunn2 wrote:
Its either

Barr
Denard

or trade back for me ... The talent in say the 15-32 is all even to me

We wont sniff Barr.

Dennard, maybe.

We arent trading back though. I wont guarantee it, but Steeler fans want that every single year and it never happens....so better find some other players you would be okay with at 15.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
cbrunn2 wrote:
Its either

Barr
Denard

We wont sniff Barr.

Dennard, maybe.

We arent trading back though. I wont guarantee it, but Steeler fans want that every single year and it never happens....so better find some other players you would be okay with at 15.

Will be interesting. If he makes it past the Titans we very well may see him there.

What will really be interesting is if he's there, do they take him.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
cbrunn2 wrote:
Its either

Barr
Denard

We wont sniff Barr.

Dennard, maybe.

Will be interesting. If he makes it past the Titans we very well may see him there.

What will really be interesting is if he's there, do they take him.

Anything can happen, but I cant see him falling past Atlanta, and I think both the Bucs and Vikes could be looking at him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed Nix didnt do the bench.

My guess is because it would kill his stock.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually concerned that since they drafted the guy I wanted last year, that they'll draft the guy I DON'T want this year (afterall, because it IS all about me) and draft Nix.

I don't see the value difference in Nix over, say, Kerr, who will be a mid - late rounder. Though I DO see the difference in Ebron over say, a Rodgers.

@cbrunn -- No offense, but if they select Barr, I'll be highly disappointed, unless the plan is to move Jones inside, as some here feel would be best. I don't agree, however.

Dennard, however, would be a decent choice, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them grab a DB in the 1st

Last edited by Ward4HOF on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

I want us to check out Red Bryant, although he might be more suited for 5 tech.

that's exactly what he is, and a darn good one at that, which is why we should check him out

Quote:
If it is in Steelers FO best interest to draft Louis Nix, either Kevin Colbert or - Lebeau is on one of their way out.

I don't get that. Why would either be on the way out?

FourThreeMafia wrote:

I see us running the same 34 regardless of NT, just with a few new wrinkles here and there.

I love LeBeau, but think his days of coaching top defenses is over. Time to move on IMO.

yup.
cbrunn2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
cbrunn2 wrote:
Its either

Barr
Denard

We wont sniff Barr.

Dennard, maybe.

i agree neither of them players will be on the board But I expect some QB reaches to some teams , which will make somebody drop ... But I'm sure I'll start to fall in love with other guys over the process though

@wizard Barr potential is just too much for me to pass up ... You can't have enough pass rushers , I'm sure some kind of package can be drawn up with Woodley , Jarvis , Barr , Timmons and worilds all on the field ... And if they couldn't get pressure man i don't know what's up then
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because drafting Louis Nix and expect a better result from defense isn't happening. He's no space-eater but he can be a good penerating NT like Joe Steed (size bodywork, better comparison would be Phil Taylor) which possibly, I mean just possibly bring us BACK to 8-8 season again.

By that logic, you are the Pittsburgh Steelers and you now have missed playoff for third times (just a hypothetical situation) and not just, got to 8-8 AGAIN. You have to hold somebody accountable, so for the business standpoint somebody with big name will be let go and i'd bet its Lebeau (possibly Colbert) because we have all of those talents on defense and we aren't able to get them to a). Get up to speed. B). Stay healthy or be productive. C). Grease system to players' skillsets. D). Because somebody got to be held accountable.

That being said, I don't see us draft one in first 2 rounds but with 3rd round we just might (Justin Ellis come to mind). Even so, would he be ready? That's why you go FA on this one. Arguably they risked big when they drafted Jarvis Jones and didn't sign a FA pass-rusher, it hurt us a bit last season, well no it actually did. It'd be very dumb to make same mistake.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After clamoring for a NT for years and we take Nix in the first I will be none to happy. Especially after passing on top tier talent that fell to the 4-5th rounds, guys like Chapman and Williams.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
After clamoring for a NT for years and we take Nix in the first I will be none to happy. Especially after passing on top tier talent that fell to the 4-5th rounds, guys like Chapman and Williams.

Chapman wasnt exactly top tier talent....just a good prospect...and he hasnt been better than average thus far.

Jesse Williams had medical concerns and really hasnt done much yet.

I definitely liked them both more than Nix, but at this point, Im not too disappointed we passed on them.

In fact, if anything, you should be mad that we actually took Ta'amu, cut him, and now he is playing solid ball for the Cards.

Truth is, its very hard to find a great NT. I dont think there is one in this draft thats going to really be truly great. As Gatordus said, free agency may be our best option this year, and then either draft a guy like Kerr in the mid-late rounds or give Al Woods a year to see what he can do.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Chapman wasnt exactly top tier talent....just a good prospect...and he hasnt been better than average thus far.

I definitely liked them both more than Nix, but at this point, Im not too disappointed we passed on them.

In fact, if anything, you should be mad that we actually took Ta'amu, cut him, and now he is playing solid ball for the Cards.

Truth is, its very hard to find a great NT. I dont think there is one in this draft thats going to really be truly great. As Gatordus said, free agency may be our best option this year, and then either draft a guy like Kerr in the mid-late rounds or give Al Woods a year to see what he can do.

I guess the point is the same player could have been had in later rounds. Chapman is playing out of position with the Colts. As far as Williams, the medical thing seemed to come out after the draft. I guess teams knew about it and therefore he fell. I don't recall who took a chance on him but they got a player. I'd still rather have Williams in the 5th than Nix in the 1st.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

yep. drives me nuts how stupid this FO has been with personnel the last several seasons
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

I guess the point is the same player could have been had in later rounds. Chapman is playing out of position with the Colts. As far as Williams, the medical thing seemed to come out after the draft. I guess teams knew about it and therefore he fell. I don't recall who took a chance on him but they got a player. I'd still rather have Williams in the 5th than Nix in the 1st.

I see what you are saying.

I agree.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been checking Wexell's twitter for news on interviews and saw him make some comment fellating Nix's lateral movement for a big man. He claimed that the reason Ta'amu was cut was his lack of lateral movement.

Idiotic...
NFL.com-BELICHICK OUTCOACHES TOMLIN YET AGAIN
Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

I see what you are saying.

I agree.

It's a touchy subject for me (as if you couldn't tell). I just feel that through the years there have been opportunities to address the position and failed to do so (by either not drafting or not giving the opportunity to play). Now if they take this guy in the first it will drive me nuts. Especially since other guys in this draft have shown as well, or better, and are graded lower (specifically Ellis). It gets my blood a boiling.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: