You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Combine Results
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:

Amaro officially 4.74

absolutely idiotic.

dude runs a 4.66 and a 4.62, and somehow his official time is a 4.74?

Official times are so notoriously wrong
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:

Amaro officially 4.74

absolutely idiotic.

dude runs a 4.66 and a 4.62, and somehow his official time is a 4.74?

Official times are so notoriously wrong

Agree. Luckily, they have their pro day to "correct" the official times.
jebrick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Koundjo looks like a 4th round pick.

Supposedly he has arthritic knees too. Never wanted the Steelers to look at him and I especially don't now after his combine performance.

Bad news for #Bama OT Cyrus Kouandjio. Iím told several teams have failed him on his physical. Arthritic knee from failed surgery.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very unimpressed with Clowney's press conference demeanor, attitude and answers. Much of the expected athleticism is already calculated into evaluation. Things like interviews, attitude and how well spoken you are leave an impression on most everybody as those same traits will be projected onto their fellow teammates. When you have a draft with such good talent this could very much be the difference in any consideration for employment, guys projected this high most often have some expectation of leadership . Despite the physical ability it will be hard not to drop him a few spots amongst several candidates that could easily be considered #1 in most any other class.

On the opposite side, i was left extremely impressed with Greg Robinson's intro on the combine broadcast. His numbers didnt matter as much as how fluid he looked attaining them. I had Robinson right around the 20 range knowing the likelihood of him moving up. That intro impressed me with a burning desire to be great and take no prisoners type attitude. I see him as a one of a kind type RT, but have concern about the left side. He doesn't consistently get off on the snap primarily when dropping into pass protection, which too often causes him to lose enough ground. They pass so little so it is not very obvious. Moving forward and coming off the ball as a run blocking mauler is off the charts.

My boy Sua Filo showed only a little of why I believe he will be an exceptional leader and tone setter.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbrederis 4.50/4.44 (wow didn't see that coming) Unofficial

DaVantae Adams 4.5/4.4.54 Unofficial

Beckham 4.40/4.31 unofficial

Benjamin 4.60/4.53 unofficial.

Evans 4.50/4.47 (huge!) unofficial. The 4.47 is HUGE! It wouldn't have surprised me to see him run in the 4.60 range. Officially 4.53 which seems more like it.

Fastest time thus far John Brown from Pitt St and Brandin Cooks from Oregon St 4.30 (twice) unofficial

Last edited by Chieferific on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:04 pm; edited 11 times in total
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
Benjamin 4.60 unofficial. He did have kind of a hop step out of the blocks. Not sure how much that affected his time.

And he enters Keyshawn Johnson territory.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benjmain has like a hitch on his 2nd step. Should be coachable out of that.
Would add some more speed.

Evans, Benjamin, Ebron. give BB a big target please!
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:

Yeah, it was obvious in his first run but not so much in his second. Thus the improvement in time.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
SlevinKelevra wrote:

Yeah, it was obvious in his first run but not so much in his second. Thus the improvement in time.

yeh , I think unless it's due to some underlying medical issue, with work he could be coached out of that and run .08 to .1 faster than wahtever he is showing @ the combine
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Coleman made himself some money by measuring in at 6'6" 225 and running in the 4.5 range.

If he shows well in the catching drills, he might be an early day 2 selection.

Nothing wrong with Benjamin running a high 4.5/low 4.6 range at 240 lbs. He'll be able to beat off jams at the line, so he'll have that advantage.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
Brandon Coleman made himself some money by measuring in at 6'6" 225 and running in the 4.5 range.

If he shows well in the catching drills, he might be an early day 2 selection.

Nothing wrong with Benjamin running a high 4.5/low 4.6 range at 240 lbs. He'll be able to beat off jams at the line, so he'll have that advantage.

Looked pretty smooth w/o drops. Apparently he led the nation in dropped balls. Not sure how much this drill helps that. As far as making money for themselves....Evans and Cooks with their 40 times and looking really good in the catching drill. To me, Evans looks "herky-jerky" when running but it wasn't apparent in the catching drill. Cooks is just tearing it up right now. I guess he has to with his 5'9" size.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evans showing what some worry about. The ability to get separation. On the only double move route of the day he stumbled out of his break. It could be argued it just one drill but to me this is his issue. If you watch him run there is no fluidity there. He runs clumsy. It's whatever side your on I guess. He's big and fast so it doesn't matter. Or, this is going to cause a problem with separation without pushing off.
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Benjamin and Evans need to learn to run routes.

Chieferific

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Both Benjamin and Evans need to learn to run routes.

No question. But Benji looks smooth and fluid while running. Evans is just sloppy. Perhaps it's much to do about nothing. Afterall, he ran faster than I thought (sub 4.5) but it's seems logical to assume it's gotta inhibit his ability to get in and out of breaks and therefore create separation.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

logan thomas @ 4.6

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: