You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Combine Results
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chieferific

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
Quote:
Here is Jason Worilds 2nd round pick that never saw the field. Do to either being behind better players, injuries or overall ability. Then there is Lamarr Woodley who was once a budding star OLB, that can't stay healthy and be 30 yrs old next season.

Do the Steelers gamble with a younger unheralded player with good not great potential? Or do they press there luck in hopes that Woodley can play out the remainder of his contract productively?

OK, got the solution. Since Woodley wants to be a "fatty, fatty, 2 by 4" anyway, and he's already playing at around 285, let him balloon up to 310 and put him on the line with Woods and Heyward, pay Worilds to keep him here and play him at LOLB, Jones at ROLB, and we're good!

Quote:

I don't think the Steelers are looking at whether Worilds deserves starting OLB money or not because we let Keenan Lewis go to keep Ike Taylor where now we likely will have to give him a pay-cut or release him... same with Woodley.

Lewis made it clear that he wanted to be closer to home...no amount of money would've kept him here happily. The problem wasn't recognizing and paying for the talent, it was just bad luck, IMO. Worilds is a different case. We'll just have to see if he played his way out of our price range or not.

Well he hasn't. He just doesn't realize it.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers did let him walk; even so if he wouldn't have been paid to stay, in the process of draft they should have asked players those questions...

If drafted, do he see himself on same team for next 10 years?

With Worilds, he even know he's our currently best pass-rusher, I'm not talking about in next 5 years- in a contract year he is now our best and if anybody think its unfair that he want a "guaranteed starting job" well, Steelers FO shouldn't have thought of that before starting Jarvis Jones or rather draft him.

Because of the process Steelers FO sticks to, Worilds probably will be signed with other team which left our team with depleted talents. Because of this, we are more likely to resign Ryan Clark than letting him walk. So talking about unfair, salary cap and loyalty always have been unfair but at same time, fair for us (Aaron Smith, James Farrior come to mind) now what's the difference that is we are paying the price for it.

I'm not mad at those players, I am disappointed in the process our FO chosen to follow.
If I'm Kevin Colbert, I try my best to sign FA OLB, FS, and NT (possibly lesser talents that would be replacing for the standards we set but that's the business. You have to pick your poison.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Jean-Baptiste 4.53/4.58

D. Johnson 4.45/4.43 (My FS)

C. Pryor 4.62/4.60

L. Purifoy 4.55/4.56

M. Roberson 4.66/4.59

C. Roby 4.40/4.41

J. Verrett 4.41/4.41

Last edited by Chieferific on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooks and McGill look good.

Pryor better smoke his next 40. 4.62 unofficial which means the official will be closer to 4.7

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Chieferific

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Steelers did let him walk; even so if he wouldn't have been paid to stay, in the process of draft they should have asked players those questions...

If drafted, do he see himself on same team for next 10 years?

With Worilds, he even know he's our currently best pass-rusher, I'm not talking about in next 5 years- in a contract year he is now our best and if anybody think its unfair that he want a "guaranteed starting job" well, Steelers FO shouldn't have thought of that before starting Jarvis Jones or rather draft him.
Because of the process Steelers FO sticks to, Worilds probably will be signed with other team which left our team with depleted talents. Because of this, we are more likely to resign Ryan Clark than letting him walk. So talking about unfair, salary cap and loyalty always have been unfair but at same time, fair for us (Aaron Smith, James Farrior come to mind) now what's the difference that is we are paying the price for it.

I'm not mad at those players, I am disappointed in the process our FO chosen to follow.
If I'm Kevin Colbert, I try my best to sign FA OLB, FS, and NT (possibly lesser talents that would be replacing for the standards we set but that's the business. You have to pick your poison.

No Pre-Draft Rookie is going to tell a team...."If you draft me I'm going to leave after my first contract because I'm homesick". Come on. You're better than that.
Secondly, you don't draft, or not draft, a player because the incumbent's feelings my get hurt. Obviously they felt they needed to upgrade the position. Who cares if his little girl feelings got hurt and now is making demands. I promise you none of that comes into play when drafting.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verett does have excellent tape. I'd just like to see his vertical. It would be difficult to take him in the 1st or at least mid 1st but if he was 5'11 he'd be top 8 potential.

Phillip Gaines does have good tape, I had tabbed him as a player to look into further, figuring to watch another game of his this week. His combine numbers make that even more intriguing, I liked what I saw but didn't quite expect that.

The disappointment of the day has to be Benwikere.

For me if there is one position I get the most value out of the combine it's the DB's.

This draft may be one of the best drafts to find DB talent and value round after round.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My man crush on Darqueze Dennard grows more everyday. The interview just lets you know what kind of player mentally the Steelers will be getting.

I want Eric Ebron, but I'd probably be more excited with Dennard.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that Worilds has even implied that he is "demanding a starting job" is ridiculous. If that is really true, the Steelers need to send him packing, period.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Benjamin, not a fan of Evans in the 1st round for us. Benjamin could be a freak but is definitely not a polished/finished product. There is question there. Ebron has tape that does not excite me as far as effort and performance ability. It concerns me there is definite glossing of his shortcomings and overhype, even from Mayock. To this point I was more impressed with potential last year than production and development displayed this year.

Nix there are just way too many questions.

At this point I feel I am most intrigued with the possibility of taking Gilbert, Dennard and even Calvin Pryor with our 1st pick and backing that up with a potential second DB pick within the 1st 4 rounds. The intrigue for me is enhanced mostly by the likelihood of getting two DB's with the ability to make a significant impact on the roster long term and even in the short term. With Gilbert you get the potential for a guy that goes after the ball and wants to get the pick, as well as someone that excels at returning kicks and has the ability to alter special teams strategies.

My concern for Dennard is ceiling. I worry his success in college mirrors the Alabama type corners success, where level of coaching makes the difference in college but evens out in the pros. Just a thought.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
My concern for Dennard is ceiling. I worry his success in college mirrors the Alabama type corners success, where level of coaching makes the difference in college but evens out in the pros. Just a thought.

I believe Dennards success in the NFL will depend on the team that drafts and how he's used. I don't think a "ceiling" really is a concern at least for me in regards to Dennard. What he's able to do as a CB the Steelers haven't had in quite some time.

Dennard is one of my favorite defensive players. But really wish the Steelers could land Gilbert only because his all around skills would bode well for the team.

Right now I'd be more then happy if the Steelers drafted Eric Ebron in the first and some how could get Kyle Fuller in the second.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

I believe Dennards success in the NFL will depend on the team that drafts and how he's used. I don't think a "ceiling" really is a concern at least for me in regards to Dennard. What he's able to do as a CB the Steelers haven't had in quite some time.

Dennard is one of my favorite defensive players. But really wish the Steelers could land Gilbert only because his all around skills would bode well for the team.

Right now I'd be more then happy if the Steelers drafted Eric Ebron in the first and some how could get Kyle Fuller in the second.

If we get a Va Tech guy, I hope its Exum as a safety, corner ability with Safety size, experience and the versatility to play both.
jcm412

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen Denards combine workout, but have read multiple reports that his hips a very stiff.

Anyone get to see his workout in drills?
95lloyd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Verett does have excellent tape. I'd just like to see his vertical.

SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
I haven't seen Denards combine workout, but have read multiple reports that his hips a very stiff.

Anyone get to see his workout in drills?

NFL.com has all the workouts which is great, been combing through them.

I didn't think he looked stiff, but Jim Wexell tweeted he'd would take Dennard out of the running for the Steelers #15 pick.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched a lot, but theres still sooo much to watch.

I too would be hesitant to take Dennard at 15. If you're picking at 15 in this draft, I think you're looking for more upside or an elite skill. Solid player good college tape. There is enough talent in this draft at the position to find a player with more upside to develop a little.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: