Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Source: Cap rumoured to be "a few mil" over 132
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dirk Gently


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 6097
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen jones has already said that the cowboys intend to get under the cap before messing with Ware's deal.

This is in accordance with a piece Joey Ickes did a week or so ago indicating how Dallas could force Ware's hand by holding off until free agency was over and teams had spent their money.
_________________
first-pick mock draft
Mack, OLB; Sutton, DT; Bailey, FS; Abbrederis, WR; Bitonio, OT; Halapio, OG; Easley, DT; Jean-Baptiste, CB; Murray, QB; Brown, OLB; McKinnon, RB; Saunders, WR; Hornsey, P
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buckwild


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1941
Location: Ft Worth, Tx
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Stephen jones has already said that the cowboys intend to get under the cap before messing with Ware's deal.

This is in accordance with a piece Joey Ickes did a week or so ago indicating how Dallas could force Ware's hand by holding off until free agency was over and teams had spent their money.


That would be pretty sheety for them to do that to him. After all he has done for the franchise. He has only had 1 bad year some of you act as if he has sucked for the past 3 years. He isn't Jay Ratliff
_________________


Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10313
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Stephen jones has already said that the cowboys intend to get under the cap before messing with Ware's deal.

This is in accordance with a piece Joey Ickes did a week or so ago indicating how Dallas could force Ware's hand by holding off until free agency was over and teams had spent their money.


That would be pretty sheety for them to do that to him. After all he has done for the franchise. He has only had 1 bad year some of you act as if he has sucked for the past 3 years. He isn't Jay Ratliff


The NFL is a business where "what have you done for me lately" is taken very seriously. Yes, it'd be nice if Ware could retire as a Dallas Cowboy. If it doesn't happen, oh well. Better players than him have been shown the door once the dollars ceased to make sense.
_________________


Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37176
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Stephen jones has already said that the cowboys intend to get under the cap before messing with Ware's deal.

This is in accordance with a piece Joey Ickes did a week or so ago indicating how Dallas could force Ware's hand by holding off until free agency was over and teams had spent their money.


That would be pretty sheety for them to do that to him. After all he has done for the franchise. He has only had 1 bad year some of you act as if he has sucked for the past 3 years. He isn't Jay Ratliff


Meh - Holding on to him at least until the draft makes a ton of sense for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buckwild


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1941
Location: Ft Worth, Tx
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
buckwild wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Stephen jones has already said that the cowboys intend to get under the cap before messing with Ware's deal.

This is in accordance with a piece Joey Ickes did a week or so ago indicating how Dallas could force Ware's hand by holding off until free agency was over and teams had spent their money.


That would be pretty sheety for them to do that to him. After all he has done for the franchise. He has only had 1 bad year some of you act as if he has sucked for the past 3 years. He isn't Jay Ratliff


The NFL is a business where "what have you done for me lately" is taken very seriously. Yes, it'd be nice if Ware could retire as a Dallas Cowboy. If it doesn't happen, oh well. Better players than him have been shown the door once the dollars ceased to make sense.


Just meant for them to wait till after free agency to talk with him about the contract. Think that would be beyond disrespectful towards a player of his caliber. Not many that were as good as him to get 5 All Pro selections, but then cut after 1 down year.
_________________


Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dirk Gently


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 6097
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Stephen jones has already said that the cowboys intend to get under the cap before messing with Ware's deal.

This is in accordance with a piece Joey Ickes did a week or so ago indicating how Dallas could force Ware's hand by holding off until free agency was over and teams had spent their money.


That would be pretty sheety for them to do that to him. After all he has done for the franchise. He has only had 1 bad year some of you act as if he has sucked for the past 3 years. He isn't Jay Ratliff
it would not be as long as there's a market value offer on the table. If they offer him a little more than Suggs signed, he should take it. If he doesn't wait till may 20th and ask him again. If he still doesn't, then you have a decision to make.
_________________
first-pick mock draft
Mack, OLB; Sutton, DT; Bailey, FS; Abbrederis, WR; Bitonio, OT; Halapio, OG; Easley, DT; Jean-Baptiste, CB; Murray, QB; Brown, OLB; McKinnon, RB; Saunders, WR; Hornsey, P
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SHSTE92


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 3500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/2/25/5446884/2014-nfl-salary-cap-could-climb-even-higher-than-anticipated

Quote:
Any way you look at it, this is good news for the Cowboys. If the cap were to come in at $135 million, that would leave the Cowboys $17.2 million over the cap - peanuts by the Cowboys' cap standards. The Cowboys could clear $18.9 million of cap space and get under the cap with room to spare by restructuring Tony Romo, Brandon Carr and Sean Lee. Anything beyond that would be optional.

Restructuring Jason Witten and Orlando Scandrick could add another $6 million in cap space, bringing the Cowboys' total cap space to $7.8 million, and that's before touching DeMarcus Ware's contract, and before doing anything with Miles Austin.

_________________

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
matt79511


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 3448
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't touch Carr's contract.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2887
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
htfryar wrote:
buckwild wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Stephen jones has already said that the cowboys intend to get under the cap before messing with Ware's deal.

This is in accordance with a piece Joey Ickes did a week or so ago indicating how Dallas could force Ware's hand by holding off until free agency was over and teams had spent their money.


That would be pretty sheety for them to do that to him. After all he has done for the franchise. He has only had 1 bad year some of you act as if he has sucked for the past 3 years. He isn't Jay Ratliff


The NFL is a business where "what have you done for me lately" is taken very seriously. Yes, it'd be nice if Ware could retire as a Dallas Cowboy. If it doesn't happen, oh well. Better players than him have been shown the door once the dollars ceased to make sense.


Just meant for them to wait till after free agency to talk with him about the contract. Think that would be beyond disrespectful towards a player of his caliber. Not many that were as good as him to get 5 All Pro selections, but then cut after 1 down year.


Well, let's not forget 1 bad year and 2 years of injuries. He's on the wrong side of 30 and with consecutive injury plagued years and minimal performance with the addition of his high-priced contract, he is more of a liability to the team than an asset.

I love the guy to as a perennial Cowboy, but this is a buisness and right now he is not doing his job, at least from a dollars and cents point of view.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The_Slamman


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 13220
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope that the Cowboys don't use the extra cap space as an excuse to do the same crap again this year. The annual March march of the penguins put us in this mess. It's time to get rid of the bad contracts not prolong them. Other than Romo (because we literally have no choice), I don't want to see any players paid up front for 2014. I would rather cut Miles and make him a June 1 cut. If Ware doesn't take a pay cut, cut him. If we do the traditional march of the penguins and make Miles a June 1 cut, we will be about $10+ Million over the 2014 cap when both Dez and Tyron are FAs. I'd much rather get the bad contract off the books now if possible. And, not restructure guys who would be likely cut candidates next year.
_________________
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.


Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6468
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
I just hope that the Cowboys don't use the extra cap space as an excuse to do the same crap again this year. The annual March march of the penguins put us in this mess. It's time to get rid of the bad contracts not prolong them. Other than Romo (because we literally have no choice), I don't want to see any players paid up front for 2014. I would rather cut Miles and make him a June 1 cut. If Ware doesn't take a pay cut, cut him. If we do the traditional march of the penguins and make Miles a June 1 cut, we will be about $10+ Million over the 2014 cap when both Dez and Tyron are FAs. I'd much rather get the bad contract off the books now if possible. And, not restructure guys who would be likely cut candidates next year.


Agree. I would cut Miles straight up this year and create the money for this year through other means. Then just sign some depth players to fill the roster
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 9663
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 16m
Eagles reached agreement with Pro Bowl OT Jason Peters on a four-year, $41.3 million, including $19.55 gtd, per his agent Vincent Taylor.



Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
So those were terms of OT Jason Peters' extension. Full deal, per Vincent Taylor, is for 5 years, $51.3 million, $19.55 million guaranteed.


Tyron Smith's starting point.
_________________

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3508
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 16m
Eagles reached agreement with Pro Bowl OT Jason Peters on a four-year, $41.3 million, including $19.55 gtd, per his agent Vincent Taylor.



Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
So those were terms of OT Jason Peters' extension. Full deal, per Vincent Taylor, is for 5 years, $51.3 million, $19.55 million guaranteed.


Tyron Smith's starting point.


Tyron Smith is going to get a king's ransom. He is a powerful, athletic 23 year old All-Pro at probably the 2nd most important position in football. If it came down to us only being able to pay one of Smith or Dez, I'm taking Smith.
_________________

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WareWolf94


Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 5511
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moves we make between now and March 11th will lead to extensions for both Dez and Tyron. Im confident of that. And would be more than happy if those were our only two signings in Free Agency this year.
_________________


Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6468
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then...

@AdamSchefter wrote:
Salary cap projected to rise to about $133 million this year, expected to break $140 million next year and $150 million by 2016, per source


This according to the one and only Schefter
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group