Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colbert-Steelers could be more active in FA this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kethnaab

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The check is in the mail

I gave at the office

Of course I'll respect you in the morning
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
If they get a high profile UFA LT or draft a LT high in the draft, how many of you think that they cut/trade Adams? Is he going to get a fair chance this year with Munchak?
I think he's gotten a fair chance but he hasn't proven to be dependable yet.

I just don't know how the team can go into next year with the same OL they had this year and expect a lot better results and it seems like the place to make the most impact with an upgrade is at LT.

Then, you'd have Adams, and Gilbert battle it out for RT, which seems like a good competition to me and brings out the best in each of them. The one who loses the compeition would then be the reserve swing tackle.

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
3rivers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they get a high profile UFA LT or draft a LT high in the draft, how many of you think that they cut/trade Adams? Is he going to get a fair chance this year with Munchak?
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if they were to draft a LT high I don't think they cut Adams. Imo, he, if he isn't playing LT, is still a better RT than the alternative options.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap expected to be $130 million, about 4 million higher than previously expected. Room to sign Worilds.

...you have a forum resume?
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Cap expected to be $130 million, about 4 million higher than previously expected. Room to sign Worilds.
Seeing as he's the 2nd or third best 3-4 OLB available, I find it hard to imagine he'll be back in Pitt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
chrisororke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is in response to the Op as I'm not allowed to post comments either on Steelers Depot

He thinks this team needs it from a depth standpoint. Yeah you need that. But first you need the first row of guys.

This is what I see. You NEED

LT -- Beachum is your depth guy. He's not good. He's average. He's [inappropriate/removed] hit the fan plug him in. Every TEAM has this guy. We consider him one of our best we got

ILB -- Foote is not an option

CB -- will they draft one? And I'm not talking a Darqueze Dennard (kinda slow, not a #1) Ike must go and then you need two starters bc I take Willie Gay over Cortez every day. Cortez sucks. I still remember him getting his hips turned around by Blazing Speed 31 year old Greg Jennings. Imagine that one. They let Lewis walk for reasonable money, cut Taylor the next year, and end up going cheap and giving the money to a true "should-be" 4th CB on a NFL

WR -- I don't like Cotchery at all. I'll take my money and put it on red before giving a guy like him anything. You're conservative you think he can replicate the numbers, I understand it. Pascal Dupuis part deux, old and get out with that salary demand. I'll take Marlon Brown undrafted. Problem is. Seattle needs WR too. That's the competition. They are this much better than you, Nautical miles are larger than miles. That's why I don't like putt

DE -- Keisel and Hood are NFL backups at this stage and I don't want either

NT -- you could put this as a depth concern but since McClendon is shaky there this is a problem

FS -- Depth concern as Shark is likely replacement
TE -- needs improved/depth
G -- needs improved/depth
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

where are you seeing this? Last i heard the cap was about 126.xM with the NFLPU looking to use their 2M option to move it to 128.xM

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just throwing this out there but if they go "big" in Free Agency this offseason I think the two areas they might go big are Defensive Line and Cornerback.

I feel this way because there are some nice pieces they could get at reasonable prices.

At CB, honestly, is the only area I think they'd abnormally spend if they chose to go that route.

Really when I use the word big, I don't mean a lot of cash as much as I mean a few different players being signed. They might go out and get multiple lower cost guys who haven't yet broken out into the spotlight.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

where are you seeing this? Last i heard the cap was about 126.xM with the NFLPU looking to use their 2M option to move it to 128.xM

NFL.Com posted that it's likely to be 130+

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:

Why would they cut him?

Have you watched this team the last 5 years? Have you seen the millions of injuries that have befallen our OLine?

Adams IMO hasnt gotten a fair shake at all. He showed well as a rookie IMO and he struggled at LT early in 2013, and lost his job when they expected him to handle Jared Allen without help. Meanwhile, Kelvin Beachum had issues for several games, including getting torn up by Chandler Jones and the almighty Jerry Hughes, but they stuck it out and he greatly improved over the last 8 games.

I would definitely take Albert over anything we currently have at LT, but its still ridiculous to get rid of or trade Adams. First off, he showed really well at RT in 2012. Gilbert should have to compete for his job, against BOTH Adams and Beachum. Secondly, even if he isnt starting, he is good depth, which we definitely need. You cut him, and suddenly, we have little depth and have to draft another OT that might be terrible.

And emphatic NO to cutting Adams, no matter what happens.

That being said, the chances of us landing Albert are insanely low....and if we draft another OT early, I wont be happy at all.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
The check is in the mail

I gave at the office

yeah, 43 said you used that line on him...poor guy... Cool

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
The check is in the mail

I gave at the office

I still feel violated. Crying or Very sad
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with that new cap #, they have ZERO excuse not to

resign key cogs
restructure a few loose ends

and

sign 2 decent players
or
1 really good player
off the streets
kethnaab

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
The check is in the mail

I gave at the office

I still feel violated. Crying or Very sad

yeah, but it worked. I got mine, that's all that matters. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: