Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

COMBINE TALK HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there will be someone good available to us next year in the first round? You're pretty optimistic.

And by this time next year, Hundley could be either a lock to be drafted before we pick, or not worth being picked in the first round. If he entered this year I wouldn't draft him at #20.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLW wrote:
So there will be someone good available to us next year in the first round? You're pretty optimistic.

And by this time next year, Hundley could be either a lock to be drafted before we pick, or not worth being picked in the first round. If he entered this year I wouldn't draft him at #20.

What do you think that we would find a better player in round 4 of this year rather than round 1 next year? And if he were in this draft I would definitely take him at 20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends if they can develop a project guy. And if we're wasting a pick on a guy who isn't going to be a good QB, I'd rather waste the 4th rounder than the 1st.

We know absolutely nothing about what next year's QB class will look like by this time next year. To assume we can get a good one no matter where we pick is overly optimistic.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLW wrote:
Depends if they can develop a project guy. And if we're wasting a pick on a guy who isn't going to be a good QB, I'd rather waste the 4th rounder than the 1st.

We know absolutely nothing about what next year's QB class will look like by this time next year. To assume we can get a good one no matter where we pick is overly optimistic.

We can cement one guy for drawing attention next year->Jameis Winston

And it's a good guess to say that Marcus Mariora, Bryce Petty, and Brett Hundley all will too.

There's a very good chance of those four all are in next years draft and still being 1st/2nd round potential. The chances of us successfully developing a 4th round prospect to be a good starting NFL QB are slim to none

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If those guys are as good as people are hoping they will be, the chances we will be able to draft them will be slim to none. Getting a good QB is hard. If there's a guy they think can be developed into one available to us at an appropriate round, they should go for it. There are no guarantees about next year.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched LT against Duke. That was really bad...

One nice throw in the 3rd qtr. That's about it.
JLW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.

I've tried watching his terrible games several times to try to figure out how he could possibly be so bad. Like if there is something present mechanically in those games that is causing it that isn't there when he looks decent, because it's not purely decision making in those games. I would hope the coaches for any team drafting him actually see something that's causing it.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His footwork is the biggest issue

Then his tendancy to move from the pocket

When he doesnt think it, he is great
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLW wrote:
If those guys are as good as people are hoping they will be, the chances we will be able to draft them will be slim to none. Getting a good QB is hard. If there's a guy they think can be developed into one available to us at an appropriate round, they should go for it. There are no guarantees about next year.

I find drafting a project QB useless because it usually never works out how we think it might. If we take a QB that can succeed in the NFL it is going to be in the 1st or 2nd round.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are tied to how well CP plays

If he goes as well as 2013 or better, we arent picking a QB in 2015

If he stinks, well then by default we should be picking high enough to have a crack at Mariotta, Winston, Hundley etc

Everyone forgets we threw heaps of cash at Stanton to be #2, why are we drafitng a QB this year then?
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:

If he stinks, well then by default we should be picking high enough to have a crack at Mariotta, Winston, Hundley etc

Everyone forgets we threw heaps of cash at Stanton to be #2, why are we drafitng a QB this year then?

Also how does a rookie backup QB get us into the playoffs for 2014?
mtdowner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:

It doesn't. But at some point we will need to find a QBOTF. The team we have right now is too good to be in draft position to get a top QB through the draft. So we'll have to bank on hitting on one either late in the first round or find a gem outside of the first.

I think Palmer has improved play in 2014 with a better OL (still major question marks on the right side though). But mid season last year I was calling for Stanton. Palmer will always be a turnover machine. Not sure how far that can take us in the playoffs.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
TheMachONE wrote:
We're getting Hundley next year....

I'd be satisfied

I wouldn't, not if 2013 Hundley shows up; sooooooooooo raw.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:

It's is not all about 2014 though, it is about 2015 and beyond. Arians might not be thinking long term, but you bet your bottom dollar Steve Keim is.

By that same token, if Teddy Bridgewater starts falling you better beleive I will riot if we don't pick him at 20.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:

It doesn't. But at some point we will need to find a QBOTF. The team we have right now is too good to be in draft position to get a top QB through the draft. So we'll have to bank on hitting on one either late in the first round or find a gem outside of the first.

I think Palmer has improved play in 2014 with a better OL (still major question marks on the right side though). But mid season last year I was calling for Stanton. Palmer will always be a turnover machine. Not sure how far that can take us in the playoffs.

I was the guy last preseason saying that Stanton was more impressive than Palmer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: