Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

COMBINE TALK HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtdowner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One intriguing guy for me is LB Jordan Tripp from Montana. Only able to see one game but I liked what I saw. Blew up the Combine and apparently had a nice week at the Sr Bowl. Tough, VERY confident, competitor who can make plays in the run game and in coverage. Tough to project when he'll be drafted but I would guess rounds 4-6.

That's about when I think we should select an interior LB. Basically we need to add a player who can come in as a backup/spot starter and play solid football and not necessarily have to do anything spectacular. Also contribute on ST's.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even dialed-in guys like Rang have Bridgewater going in the late 20's. If he's there at #20 it's a no-brainer right?

The Rebuild Has Begun...
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Even dialed-in guys like Rang have Bridgewater going in the late 20's. If he's there at #20 it's a no-brainer right?

Right, but he won't be there

#JDI
Plucky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holeman1 wrote:
Plucky wrote:
I like Ra'Shede and I would take him here depending on what and where we are on our board, would like it even more if we can trade down 5-10 spots and still get him. [i]If we are at 20 and shazier, fuller, ra'shede, pryor, ford are all pretty much available I think we have to trade down any one of those guys[/i] can make an impact day 1 and I got them all rated fairly well.

Ra'sheed, Pryor, Ford, Shazier, and Fuller? personally I feel like Hageman, Shazier, and Fuller would be reaches at #20, Ford I feel is over-rated a bit, and Pryor is a good pick but he doesn't cover tall receivers well which is what we need right now.

personally my big board at 20 (realistic picks):

1. Barr
2. Manziel/Teddy/Bortles
3. Mosley
4. Clinton-Dix
5. Zach Martin
6. Hageman
7. Pryor
8. Ford

I guess you didn't read I said I would like to trade down if all those options are available because in reality we can take any of them. Most of those players I listed will be picked anywhere from 15-35 where barr/manziel/teddy/bort and even clinton will all probably be gone by 15.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Right, but he won't be there

Who knows man. I think Teddy or Manziel could take a little draft day slide. I think Carr may end up being the 2nd QB off the board. Pushing down one of the other top 4.
JLW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arians was at Virginia Tech today working with Logan Thomas. Really starting to think he's their guy. Normally I wouldn't read that much into it, but I felt like he was probably their guy anyhow.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLW wrote:
Arians was at Virginia Tech today working with Logan Thomas. Really starting to think he's their guy. Normally I wouldn't read that much into it, but I felt like he was probably their guy anyhow.

I saw that pic of BA working out LT. Can't really say I'd be on board with picking him before round 4. Too much talent in this draft to take a project like LT. Think AZ could be a decent landing spot for him as there shouldn't be any pressure to start at least until 2015.

But I just don't see it with LT. Poor accuracy. Practically zero pocket presence. Outstanding tools but definitely a project. Think Mettenberger has a much better chance of developing into at least a decent starter.
JLW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really agree about his pocket presence, and his accuracy comes and goes. He has stretches that make you forget about the accuracy problems, and then all of the sudden he bounces a couple throws. It's not like he's all over the place all the time.

I do agree about not really wanting him early, but I think it's early or not at all. The question is, how much do you trust Bruce's ability to develop the guy?

I think I would prefer Thomas over Mettenberger personally. And at least he can potentially convert to TE if he fails as a QB. A bit of a consolation prize.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't take a QB this year, projects are not good ideas

#JDI
JLW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to take a QB at some point. Unless you plan on picking in the top 10 again, any QB we take is going to have to be more on the project side of things.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLW wrote:
Don't really agree about his pocket presence, and his accuracy comes and goes. He has stretches that make you forget about the accuracy problems, and then all of the sudden he bounces a couple throws. It's not like he's all over the place all the time.

I do agree about not really wanting him early, but I think it's early or not at all. The question is, how much do you trust Bruce's ability to develop the guy?

I think I would prefer Thomas over Mettenberger personally. And at least he can potentially convert to TE if he fails as a QB. A bit of a consolation prize.

I've only watched 3 of his games. But I saw practically zero pocket manipulation or feel for pressure in those 3. After his drop he either retreated backwards or bailed on the pocket.

Also saw very little anticipation or touch on his throws. He can hit a non moving target nicely and can make throws through tight windows but I didn't see too many throws demonstrating great accuracy.

Plenty of game tape available on him so I'll watch some more.
JLW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that bothers me about how he reacts to pressure is that if he does get flushed out of the pocket, he almost always looks to run. He doesn't really leave the pocket prematurely, though. Definitely seems to go through all of his options unless someone forces him to scramble. His feel for pressure isn't great, but his ability to avoid it is good.

He shows decent anticipation over the middle from time to time, but that's about it. He'll throw to a spot in the middle of the field knowing his guy will be open there before he breaks sometimes but those throws are pretty few and far between.

His 2011 stuff was probably some of his best stuff, actually. I'm not sure if that says more about him, or about his coaching. Their OC got replaced after a really bad 2012. There are a couple 2013 games that are actually pretty good, though. I believe the Miami and North Carolina ones were the best.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLW wrote:
Have to take a QB at some point. Unless you plan on picking in the top 10 again, any QB we take is going to have to be more on the project side of things.

1st round next year.

#JDI
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're getting Hundley next year....

[quote="Childish Gambino"]Funny the day you born that's really your death sentence[/quote]
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachONE wrote:
We're getting Hundley next year....

I'd be satisfied

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: