Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trent Williams graded out as #1 LT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Trent Williams graded out as #1 LT Reply with quote

http://blog.redskins.com/2014/02/19/trent-williams-graded-nfls-no-1-lt/

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1949453-br-nfl-1000-top-35-left-tackles/page/36

Quote:
Bleacher Report NFL Draft Lead Writer Matt Miller graded Williams as the best left tackle in the NFL in his evaluation of game’s 35 best blockers.

Miller gave Williams 47 points on a 50-point scale for his run blocking and valued the tackle’s abilities in pass protection as a 45, bringing his overall score to 92.

“One of the most athletic and patient left tackles in the NFL, Williams’ play doesn’t receive the national attention it should,” Miller wrote. “His balance as a pass-blocker and run defender made him the best and most valuable left tackle in the game in 2013.”

Good for Trent! I hope we can keep him around for his entire career. He's been great for us the past few years despite fighting through some nagging injuries.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprising. Be nice if we could put someone else on the offensive line who could crack the top 25 at their position.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Not surprising. Be nice if we could put someone else on the offensive line who could crack the top 25 at their position.
They all do in run blocking
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

And in pass blocking? Do we have any that crack the top 50 beyond Trent?
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

And in pass blocking? Do we have any that crack the top 50 beyond Trent?
i don't know but if they're among the best at run blocking and the lower third at pass blocking that'd put them middle of the road as a unit
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give more credence to this if it wasn't Matt miller. Dude is a fraud.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gruden loves watching Trent play

http://blog.redskins.com/2014/02/24/gruden-gets-popcorn-ready-for-williams/

Quote:
In an exclusive interview with Redskins.com at the 2014 NFL Scouting Combine, Gruden told Larry Michael he has the pleasure of watching one of the NFL’s most entertaining linemen on tape.

“I do like Trent Williams a lot,” Gruden said. “He is one of my favorite guys to watch on tape. He finishes blocks. He pass protects, he is violent in the open field running out there on screens. He’s fun to watch. You know you don’t really have fun watching left tackles a lot, but he’s fun to watch.”

Video of his interview with Larry Michael.

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/Exclusive_Interview_with_Jay_Gruden_Part_1/a07c5e7d-14ed-4f6e-ad26-58cde01149ec

Really, really high praise from Gruden for Trent! Cool
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the exact reason I gave earlier in this thread is why I can't stand Matt Miller. He ranked Morris as the leagues 25th best back. Dude is a complete clown.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
And the exact reason I gave earlier in this thread is why I can't stand Matt Miller. He ranked Morris as the leagues 25th best back. Dude is a complete clown.
Is that all around?

Alfred Morris doesn't do much receiving or pass blocking. I could see how he's not one of the best "all around" backs
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Is that all around?

Alfred Morris doesn't do much receiving or pass blocking. I could see how he's not one of the best "all around" backs

It says best RBs. There is absolutely no way in hell Morris is the 25th best...
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Is that all around?

It says best RBs. There is absolutely no way in hell Morris is the 25th best...

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1985997-br-nfl-1000-top-90-running-backs

Quote:
Running backs are judged on power (25 points), speed (25), vision (40) and receiving ability (10), along with all of the technique, athletic ability and football intelligence needed to do each.

Yeah, looking at the list he got shafted a bit. He should be in the top 15, possibly top 10. Morris is certainly better than Le'veon Bell at this point. Bell was inconsistent last year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: