Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I think theres a very high chance we don't go QB at 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeriousSam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
John Hughes will start when Rubin is eventually cut.

Possibly. Winn may be the guy with Hughes still as Taylor's Back up. Or Hughes is your 1/2 down guy with Winn in on 3rd.

Let me also clarify Hughes is/was not a bad pick. He also isn't lighting the world on fire. He is a solid run stuffer and I am glad he is on the browns adding to their depth.

If we want to get into great picks that came out of no where Id reference TJ ward. Most were surprised he was a 2nd rounder and he has been GREAT.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeriousSam wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Possibly. Winn may be the guy with Hughes still as Taylor's Back up. Or Hughes is your 1/2 down guy with Winn in on 3rd.

Let me also clarify Hughes is/was not a bad pick. He also isn't lighting the world on fire. He is a solid run stuffer and I am glad he is on the browns adding to their depth.

If we want to get into great picks that came out of no where Id reference TJ ward. Most were surprised he was a 2nd rounder and he has been GREAT.

I had never heard of him. But when I watched his highlights I was happy. Also to add to this list. Jordan Cameron

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRICKEN TRADE HIM INSTEAD OF RELEASING HIM.

BETTER YET

DO NEITHER

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
ZeriousSam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
ZeriousSam wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I had never heard of him. But when I watched his highlights I was happy. Also to add to this list. Jordan Cameron

Jordon Cameron is on the fence for me. After his combine def was on radar and I think he was right were his value was as a raw very athletic tight end. Def could consider him either way though. But he does prove the point of stick to your board take the best guy. Look at the results.

Now if Carr is sitting there round 2 I start to see his value go ahead take him. Like wise McCarron middle of the 3rd go ahead pull the trigger. Just no Carr in one no McCarron in 2.

I mean it's been reported the Seahawks GM really like Wilson, so why not take him 1 or 2 because his value was in 3 they waited and got thier guy. Good pick or bad I want them to stick to their board.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
FRICKEN TRADE HIM INSTEAD OF RELEASING HIM.

BETTER YET

DO NEITHER

This!

Why weaken our strongest point? I don't get. I love having good quality depth on the DL.

The formula to win the Super Bowl (giants) is great QB play and A great DL. I know Eli is hot and cold but there two Super Bowl runs he was great

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

Depends on the defensive front the Pettine decides to run.

If it ends up being similar, then yes, Hughes will start as the 2 gaping LDE. Winn will backup Bryant as the 1 gaping RDE.
duke2056

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they think they will get a better COMP pick than they will trading, who knows.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
bigdogsandiego

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rubin's agent states he is staying.

We must optimize this pick and not make a mistake. The safest selection is Matthews or Robinson at RT. The most dangerous is QB (one of big 3)as a bust would set us back another year or two. I am beginning to think Watkins or Clowney will be our pick at #4 as both appear to be sure fire playmakers who have a lot of upside. Of course, trading down for a team that is desperate like us for a QB would warrant consideration if the trade is right. A lot of options!
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because the safest pick is a RT (which I still think Clowney and Watkins are just as safe if not more), does not mean they should be picked.

RT's positional value is low. It has come higher lately due to the # of weakside pass rushers that have been excelling, but we also still have Schwartz.

The ONLY way I would be OK is if it happened in like 2 years when JT is winding down.

Watkins is the safest IMO and fits an area of need and higher positional value

buno67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Just because the safest pick is a RT (which I still think Clowney and Watkins are just as safe if not more), does not mean they should be picked.

RT's positional value is low. It has come higher lately due to the # of weakside pass rushers that have been excelling, but we also still have Schwartz.

The ONLY way I would be OK is if it happened in like 2 years when JT is winding down.

I dont know If I would call drafting a WR is safe thing. Have seen a lot of top WRs fail. Not lately but it has happen a lot.

1st WR 2013: Austin, not a huge impact so far
1st WR 2012: Blackmon, pretty legit but off the field is killing him
1st WR 2011: AJ Green nuff said
1st WR 2010: Demaryius Thomas, was pretty mediocre until Manning
1st WR 2009: Heyward-Bey, complete bust
1st WR 2008: Donnie Avery, no real WR that class
1st WR 2007: Calvin Johnson, nuff said
1st WR 2006: Holmes, very good but short career
1st WR 2005: Braylon Edwards, one good season
1st WR 2004: Fitz, nuff said
1st WR 2003: Charles Rogers, huge bust
1st WR 2002: Donte' Stallworth, never lived up to his potential
1st WR 2001: David Terrell, mediocre career.

These were the 1st WRs taken since 01 and they were viewed as the best WR in their class or pretty close to it. Out of 13 WRs, 3 have really lived up to their potential and of being a difference maker and that is Fitz, CJ, and Green. Blackmon loses out because he wasnt really safe because you took a risk on his off the field issues, Thomas is good but nothing truly amazing. He never made his QBs better, he got better when he got a legit QB in Manning throwing him the ball. The rest never lived up to their billing of 1st WR.

Yes, Watkins looks good on paper but to me he is far from the safiest player in the draft. To me truly the safest pick is taking Mathews. He has a great blood line and had a great college career. It would be a safe pick but a dumb pick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

I am not saying they should do this but I think the real value with Robinson or Matthews would be not only down the road if Thomas starts aging, but also as insurance against an injury to Thomas. We would be in a bad way if he ever goes down and taking a top Tackle prospect who could play right or left side is not a bad thing.

I still think it will be one of the QBs or possibly Clowney or Watkins at 4, but if they do not like two of the 3 QBs and the guy they like is gone I would not be stunned to see one of the tackles get picked, although more likely they find a partner to trade down with at that point.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: hmmmm Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
It would be a safe pick but a dumb pick

You said it all right there. I love me some O-line but even I cannot justify in my mind picking a player that will play RT at number #4. Top 5 picks should be play making difference makers. An RT won't catch or throw the game winner nor will they make the game winning goal line stand or get the sack that knocks the other team out of FG range. That being said we have a need for WR, QB, ILB, RB, DB and G. Clowney is BPA. Watkins or Clowney is both the safe pick and BPA at #4. I say that because I'm rapidly falling oout of love with any of the 3 top QBs. Let someone else trade up or with us to get one of them.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buno i'm not saying all WR's are safe. I just think Watkins is

Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pruitt3443 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

I am not saying they should do this but I think the real value with Robinson or Matthews would be not only down the road if Thomas starts aging, but also as insurance against an injury to Thomas. We would be in a bad way if he ever goes down and taking a top Tackle prospect who could play right or left side is not a bad thing.

I still think it will be one of the QBs or possibly Clowney or Watkins at 4, but if they do not like two of the 3 QBs and the guy they like is gone I would not be stunned to see one of the tackles get picked, although more likely they find a partner to trade down with at that point.

If? Laughing

I say we draft a RT and ride him all the way to the Super Bowl!!!!

Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think if we are not sold on one of the top QB prospects, that we should trade down.

I think improving the core of our defense is important.

I'm ok with releasing DQ because, though he was a leader of our defense, our linebacking corp was getting it handed to them in coverage, the second level has been easy for other teams to get to and break through, esp in the passing game. I love DQ, I still will, and wish him the best. But somebody had to get those stats he racked up, just saying any linebacker with good awareness and technique is gonna see a lot of action. And that was definitely DQ. But he essentially had been our best linebacker for a while, without anybody around him to push for his spot, or making names for themselves. So in a sense, how much was he making those around him better, if the rest of our LB corp is so weak?

He's going to fill someone else's hole, and good for him. But we need an overhaul in that area of our defense anyway.

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: