Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I think theres a very high chance we don't go QB at 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: I think theres a very high chance we don't go QB at 4 Reply with quote

My sources are telling me that Ray Farmer is very high on Marcus Mariota.

So unless Teddy B slips I don't think we take Bortles or Johnny at 4.

I believe we trade the pick to pick up a extra first for ammo to take Marcus next season.

Look for us to trade back to spot where we could hopefully land Mike Evans who I believe would be a great number two to Josh Gordon.

I then could also see us trade back at 26 into the 2nd round and get another first.

Having gone Mike Evans we would then with our two 2nds go

2A Xazier Sua-Filo G
2B Bradly Roby CB

I make those picks with in mind what I believe we will do if FA and that is address ILB and RB. Along with resign Ward and Mack.

This all gets thrown out if Teddy B slips to us at 4 but I think there is about a 25% chance that happens.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Farmer doesn't draft a QB this year, simply because he wants to wait for a guy that isn't even draft eligible, then we are worse off than before he got promoted.

What if Mariotta goes #1 next year and we pick 15th?

We'd have to trade an RGIII package to get him.

I like him as a prospect but this is absurd.

I think you are looking too much into this man.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
zelbell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: I think theres a very high chance we don't go QB at 4 Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:

I believe we trade the pick to pick up a extra first for ammo to take Marcus next season.

Look for us to trade back to spot where we could hopefully land Mike Evans who I believe would be a great number two to Josh Gordon.

I then could also see us trade back at 26 into the 2nd round and get another first.

2A Xazier Sua-Filo G
2B Bradly Roby CB

I make those picks with in mind what I believe we will do if FA and that is address ILB and RB. Along with resign Ward and Mack.

This all gets thrown out if Teddy B slips to us at 4 but I think there is about a 25% chance that happens.
I've seen similar things about Farmer having Mariota as his #1 QB before he decided to go back to Oregon

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: stay tuned?
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: I think theres a very high chance we don't go QB at 4 Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

2A Xazier Sua-Filo G
2B Bradly Roby CB

I've seen similar things about Farmer having Mariota as his #1 QB before he decided to go back to Oregon

So have I

It's just that planning this draft and more around a guy who you may not even be able to get next year is insane.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
zelbell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: I think theres a very high chance we don't go QB at 4 Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
zelbell wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

2A Xazier Sua-Filo G
2B Bradly Roby CB

So have I

It's just that planning this draft and more around a guy who you may not even be able to get next year is insane.
Agreed

can't go all-in on a guy you might not even have a shot at next year

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: stay tuned?
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See I hate having to put hope in the basket of "Lets get ammo for next years draft class"

We have no idea who bombs and really falls off the face of the earth. We have seen it recently will prospects stay another year and fall a part.

Also dont like the idea of attaching new FO and new coaching staff to Hoyer for a year. Hoyer looked great last year with Chud but now its a whole new staff, new offense, and its going to take time for him to learn to play with a repaired knee. To me he isnt going to be the same QB that we saw in those 2 games.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: I think theres a very high chance we don't go QB at 4 Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:

2A Xazier Sua-Filo G
2B Bradly Roby CB

Your sources being the national media who reported that? Who were immediately shot down by Farmer in his interview?

What are we getting for moving down from #4 to Evans territory? You have us getting an extra first from moving back from #26 so what do we get from #4?

That said, I love Mike Evans. I think his great job of attacking at the point of the catch is an excellent trait. And I don't love Bortles or Manziel at #4. So I would be okay with something like this so long as we get a QB Farmer likes in the late first/second. Farmer is too smart to pin his hopes on getting in position to get a QB next year.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: I think theres a very high chance we don't go QB at 4 Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

2A Xazier Sua-Filo G
2B Bradly Roby CB

Your sources being the national media who reported that? Who were immediately shot down by Farmer in his interview?

What are we getting for moving down from #4 to Evans territory? You have us getting an extra first from moving back from #26 so what do we get from #4?

That said, I love Mike Evans. I think his great job of attacking at the point of the catch is an excellent trait. And I don't love Bortles or Manziel at #4. So I would be okay with something like this so long as we get a QB Farmer likes in the late first/second. Farmer is too smart to pin his hopes on getting in position to get a QB next year.

We get a extra first for that as well.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: I think theres a very high chance we don't go QB at 4 Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

2A Xazier Sua-Filo G
2B Bradly Roby CB

Is Farmar too smart?

We have no idea how smart he is. He has never ran his own draft and never had the final say in draft picks (hopefully he does this year).

Also didnt we complain about Lombardi trying to outsmart ppl.

In the draft some people want Farmer to outsmart everyone and build ammo for a draft class that we have no idea who actually pans out and where the Browns actually draft.

To me I believe that TB, BB, or JF could all be successful in Cleveland because I like how Shanny works with his talent. I think Shanny could use Bortles in a Schuab type role but Bortles will be able to do more than Schuab ever did because Bortles is a lot more talented then him and has a stronger arm and Schuab had some good seasons under Shanny. Looking at TB and JF I think he could easily use either of them in an RGIII type role just have to hope that they dont run any wear near Ngate and their their knee bent to hell.

Dont out smart yourself Farmer. I say they need to go after one of those 3 QBs.

I rather get a young potential QB in one of those three so they can grow with Gordon, Cameron, and whatever WR we take. I dont want to waste a year waiting for a QB for next year or over pay for a QB like Washington

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Redskins are asking a 2nd round pick for Kirk Cousins.......

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Browns1987

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless we really blow this draft, we wont be so bad next year to have a chance at Mariota.

Trade back or get Clowney, get Jimmy G.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was he really that in love with Mariota? I mean, I liked him but he needed to go back to school another season

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Was he really that in love with Mariota? I mean, I liked him but he needed to go back to school another season

No. He said the other day that nobody has even asked him about it.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Nor would he tell them his thoughts on a prospect if they did. Asking GM's about prospects is a sincere waste of time.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Nor would he tell them his thoughts on a prospect if they did. Asking GM's about prospects is a sincere waste of time.

Also I believe its against the rules to comment on an undeclared player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: