Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition V2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/3/13/5505704/nfl-salary-cap-update-buccaneers-have-11-25-million-in-cap-space-left

Quote:
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have around $11.25 million in salary cap space left, if my quick calculation is correct. The Bucs entered free agency with approximately $24 million in salary cap space, and have spent like crazy since then -- but they've also cut Donald Penn and Darrelle Revis, saving themselves nearly $25 million in cap space.

$11,250,000 left in the bank.

I still expect Keonen to be let go so that will open up another $3,250,000 and McCoy will get extended sometime this offseason which should bring his number down from $15,627,252 to somewhere around $11. So there is another $4,500,000 available. That brings the total to around $19,000,000 left. Zuttah could be let go as well and that would open up $4,000,000.

With all this spending we are still in great, great shape. We could carry over $10,000,000 into next season when the cap will go up again probably another $10,000,000 by the sounds of it and guys like Nicks and Goldson can be let go which would open up another $11,000,000 for around a rough total of $31,000,000.

Crazy right!

Then after next season we'll be able to give Glennon that big contract extension at 20 mill a year!!
96BucsBallin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an excellent article on what our Bucs offense, specifically Oline, will look like next year. After reading this I am very excited for our offense. Seems like we will be going to a Chip Kelly style of offense that is run oriented. I'm now on the Seahawks SBNation site trying to find the rest of the attached Zone Blocking Scheme info and will post that if I find it.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/3/14/5508122/the-buccaneers-new-offensive-line-and-tedfords-philosophy

http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-breakdowns/2014/2/18/5394212/seahawks-marshawn-lynch-zone-blocking-scheme-tom-cable
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

96BucsBallin wrote:
Here is an excellent article on what our Bucs offense, specifically Oline, will look like next year. After reading this I am very excited for our offense. Seems like we will be going to a Chip Kelly style of offense that is run oriented. I'm now on the Seahawks SBNation site trying to find the rest of the attached Zone Blocking Scheme info and will post that if I find it.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/3/14/5508122/the-buccaneers-new-offensive-line-and-tedfords-philosophy

http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-breakdowns/2014/2/18/5394212/seahawks-marshawn-lynch-zone-blocking-scheme-tom-cable

That quick strike offense could mean the end of mike Williams and move more towards speed. Jackson will stay but Watkins could be the target or cooks in round 2.

IMO the best qb fits are Teddy , Carr and garroppolo are excellent fits at qb positions.

Does nicks fit our zbs?
96BucsBallin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
96BucsBallin wrote:

That quick strike offense could mean the end of mike Williams and move more towards speed. Jackson will stay but Watkins could be the target or cooks in round 2.

IMO the best qb fits are Teddy , Carr and garroppolo are excellent fits at qb positions.

Does nicks fit our zbs?

I always saw Nicks as a mauler but in the article they say he has the ability to be a ZB as well. It's also interesting to note that just like their defense, the Seahawks broke the ZBS oline mold of smaller, athletic guys and went bigger, athletic oline. It is a ZBS at heart but has the ability to maul when they get in space.

In this copy/paste league I see more teams going this route and it's good to get those lineman now before the prices skyrocket.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The #Bucs have agreed to terms with C/G Evan Dietrich-Smith! #itsabucslife pic.twitter.com/WZubilwP66

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
Quote:
The #Bucs have agreed to terms with C/G Evan Dietrich-Smith! #itsabucslife pic.twitter.com/WZubilwP66

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4836/jeremy-zuttah

Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora considers the Giants a possible landing spot for C Jeremy Zuttah.
Zuttah's roster spot is in danger following the signing of Evan Dietrich-Smith. The Bucs are considering keeping Zuttah and moving him to guard, but can clear his entire $4.5 million cap hit without any dead money if they choose to release him.

Huh, all my offseason wishes are coming true lol... besides Hardy Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora considers the Giants a possible landing spot for C Jeremy Zuttah.
Zuttah's roster spot is in danger following the signing of Evan Dietrich-Smith. The Bucs are considering keeping Zuttah and moving him to guard, but can clear his entire $4.5 million cap hit without any dead money if they choose to release him.

He's one guy I'd rather keep than release. Trade him if we can, absolutely. But he's an excellent depth guy and I don't see any reason to just release him.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

He's one guy I'd rather keep than release. Trade him if we can, absolutely. But he's an excellent depth guy and I don't see any reason to just release him.

I'd agree actually, if he was willing to take a pay cut.

To me though it just means we are drafting a guy which makes my happy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

Meh. Even if he doesn't take a pay cut. It's not like his salary is a detriment to the team.

If we draft a guy that can cover all the interior positions like Zuttah does then; yes, cut him. He's nothing spectactular. Solid in rotation as a back up, bad as a starter. (Which blows my mind. How can you only be good sometimes? Laughing) Otherwise, I think he needs to remain on the roster.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

Meh. Even if he doesn't take a pay cut. It's not like his salary is a detriment to the team.

If we draft a guy that can cover all the interior positions like Zuttah does then; yes, cut him. He's nothing spectactular. Solid in rotation as a back up, bad as a starter. (Which blows my mind. How can you only be good sometimes? Laughing) Otherwise, I think he needs to remain on the roster.

Yeah I don't see any reason to cut him I mean his salary is not huge and we're not that cap strapped at all... and I think that he would prove himself as a much better guard than Center, that is his more natural position and we just put him in at center cause we had nobody else

Smith is a great signing, hopefully he'll be better than Jeff Faine was
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I do not know much about Deiitrich Smith....but Zuttah has a higher Madden rating than him if that means anything.....and yes I just seriously said that

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
So I do not know much about Deiitrich Smith....but Zuttah has a higher Madden rating than him if that means anything.....and yes I just seriously said that

And you say I have zero credibility?

Smith on multiple scouting anaylsis was ranked top 8. Zuttah was in the middle of the pack. Bleacher reports end of year position anaylsis had him as the #4 ranked center in the league.

He's an excellent fit. Excellent pass protector. Good in the run but will excell in our zbs.

Stick to your madden ratings Laughing
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

Laughing Applause

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

And you say I have zero credibility?

Smith on multiple scouting anaylsis was ranked top 8. Zuttah was in the middle of the pack. Bleacher reports end of year position anaylsis had him as the #4 ranked center in the league.

He's an excellent fit. Excellent pass protector. Good in the run but will excell in our zbs.

Stick to your madden ratings Laughing

Laughing
Bitter much??

I was just playing Madden today and felt the need to share that is all(and to lighten everyone's mood by cracking a joke of how I look up O-linemen)...and its not like O-lineman stats are easy to look up. Also O-linemen don't exactly have highlights either...

And I never said you have Zero Credibility, I said your football opinion is terrible....

BTW why haven't we got Tebow yet?? Or dumped VJ to NE? Or traded Barron for a 3rd??

Is it because our FO lacks a brilliant mind like you?? Laughing

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 31 of 97

Jump to: