Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition V2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
What about that second quote said anything about you not wanting to draft a quarterback? I know you like these two, but dude, come on, I can't seem to see what you do.

Quote:
If guys like Flacco, Manning, Kaep, Rex Grossman, Dilfer can make it in the last 10 years not sure why a team with a bananas defense and good skilled offensive weapons with a non elite qb can't win.

Why? Because the elite defense and skilled weapons get you to the big moment. Time and time again quarterbacks have to make a series of big plays in big situations, and that is the difference between getting to the big moment and succeeding. Guys like Grossman are fine to ride a strong defense to the show, but at some point during that game he needed to make the big plays to win. He didn't. I see the same weakness with Mccown and Glennon, whose greatest skill seems to be not screwing up. I think both are adequate stopgaps until we get a starter. Unless we suddenly have one of the top 3 defenses of all time like Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer had, I don't see these two making the necessary plays when the pressure is on to win us a superbowl.

When watching the film , flacco, Kap and manning aren't even in the same class as Rex grossman. Dilfer was more than 10 years ago.

The game has changed. Flacco has always been a consistent player and the Super Bowl run even the year they lost to New England in 2011 , he outperformed his opposing qbs he faced. Dude is clutch when you need him. Same with Eli. Same with Kap. You think SF would have made it without him? Alex smith proved success away from harbaugh.

Please don't use those guys and think McCown can do the same. It's laughable.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
What about that second quote said anything about you not wanting to draft a quarterback? I know you like these two, but dude, come on, I can't seem to see what you do.

Quote:
If guys like Flacco, Manning, Kaep, Rex Grossman, Dilfer can make it in the last 10 years not sure why a team with a bananas defense and good skilled offensive weapons with a non elite qb can't win.

Why? Because the elite defense and skilled weapons get you to the big moment. Time and time again quarterbacks have to make a series of big plays in big situations, and that is the difference between getting to the big moment and succeeding. Guys like Grossman are fine to ride a strong defense to the show, but at some point during that game he needed to make the big plays to win. He didn't. I see the same weakness with Mccown and Glennon, whose greatest skill seems to be not screwing up. I think both are adequate stopgaps until we get a starter. Unless we suddenly have one of the top 3 defenses of all time like Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer had, I don't see these two making the necessary plays when the pressure is on to win us a superbowl.

I've said all along that I think Glennon can be mid tier. If that can or can't win a super bowl that is not for me to say.

I've wanted McCown because Lovie likes him and he balled out last season. Whether he is a stop gap for half the season or we ride him the year while Teddy or Johnny sit and learn or we trade the farm next year to move up I'm fine with it.

I hope we make a play for Teddy or Johnny. Two guys who only two weeks ago looked to not get out of the top 5. Now there are rumblings that Teddy gets past us and Johnny drops to the second round.

Coming from a 4-12 season if McCown can get us to the super bowl this year and we lose, I think I'll be pretty happy with this season.

I'm not sure who everyone wants or what they expect from them. Is Bortles going to take us to the super bowl this year?

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

Quote:

When watching the film , flacco, Kap and manning aren't even in the same class as Rex grossman. Dilfer was more than 10 years ago.

The game has changed. Flacco has always been a consistent player and the Super Bowl run even the year they lost to New England in 2011 , he outperformed his opposing qbs he faced. Dude is clutch when you need him. Same with Eli. Same with Kap. You think SF would have made it without him? Alex smith proved success away from harbaugh.

What? I don't think Mccown is even close to as good as a guy like Kaep. I was using Rex and Dilfer as specific examples. Stop putting words into my mouth and arguing with yourself, it's laughable.

Last edited by tml_gogo on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

Quote:

Why don't we trade for Flacco then red if he's you guy? Pay him $23 or whatever he's making. And Manning, hype him up all you want. That catch with the thumb and pinky thrown 50 yards into that air makes him clutch... ok lol.

Kaep is that why the 9ers are going to let him walk. $18 mill that's a discount for a talent like that.

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
allabout813

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Licht was asked about Mike Williams. Paused for a little bit, and said he has yet to speak to him. Also said he has been staying out of the headlines for a few weeks. I think that answer speaks for itself. Licht is not high on Williams at all.

Think the plan would be to trade him for whatever they can get, sign E. Sanders as a FA. Id then expect them to draft a WR in 2nd round if Watkins does not fall to 7 which seems like the likely scenario. Someone like Brandin Cooks (*crosses finger) or Allen Robinson.

All in all, I do not expect Williams to be on this team much longer. Shame because the dude can ball for sure.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

Quote:

What? I don't think Mccown is even close to as good as a guy like Kaep. I was using Rex and Dilfer as specific examples. Stop putting words into my mouth and arguing with yourself, it's laughable.

Relax. The comment was directed towards dueces since I saw you quote of his ridiculous statement.

You can't argue qbs with him bc he just brings up strong defenses and no credit to a qb for his strong play getting there.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

Quote:

Why don't we trade for Flacco then red if he's you guy? Pay him $23 or whatever he's making. And Manning, hype him up all you want. That catch with the thumb and pinky thrown 50 yards into that air makes him clutch... ok lol.

Kaep is that why the 9ers are going to let him walk. $18 mill that's a discount for a talent like that.

That's the going rate for qbs. Hm 3 afc title games one Lee Evans drop from two Super Bowl appearances. Super Bowl ring? Yeah I'll take him. I'd take Kap to at 18 mm long term. Guy is the bigger stronger version of Randall Cunningham. Playmaker with his arm and feet.

Lol NIners aren't letting him walk.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't talk qbs with you there red because you only like 5th/6th/7th ranked qbs in drafts.

#garoppololeaderofmen

Randall wow, the guy who threw for less yards per game than Glennon did this year. Damn you should be in a front office somewhere lol. Flacco is mid tier and you'd pay $23 for that, all I need to see here Wink

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
I can't talk qbs with you there red because you only like 5th/6th/7th ranked qbs in drafts.

#garoppololeaderofmen

Randall wow, the guy who threw for less yards per game than Glennon did this year. Damn you should be in a front office somewhere lol. Flacco is mid tier and you'd pay $23 for that, all I need to see here Wink

I agree you need a strong team. Only Peyton manning can carry a franchise on his back for so long. But the fact you are under selling these qbs like Kap and flacco , you aren't getting it my friend.

And you probably haven't watched much of Jimmy G have you? Do some homework. There are scouts around the league who think he should go round 1.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

And you probably haven't watched much of Jimmy G have you? Do some homework. There are scouts around the league who think he should go round 1.

There are also those who think he shouldn't be touched before round 5 or so.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

#garoppololeaderofmen

I agree you need a strong team. Only Peyton manning can carry a franchise on his back for so long. But the fact you are under selling these qbs like Kap and flacco , you aren't getting it my friend.

I'm under selling them yet the 9ers were checking your boy out at his pro day and are paying Gabbert double what Kaep is making this year, maybe he isn't who you think he is. And you want Flacco to be a Buc and you'd pay him $23,000,000 per to be one... maybe I'm not the only one who should be doing homework Wink

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started a new thread to avoid another thread takeover.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allabout813 wrote:
Licht was asked about Mike Williams. Paused for a little bit, and said he has yet to speak to him. Also said he has been staying out of the headlines for a few weeks. I think that answer speaks for itself. Licht is not high on Williams at all.

Think the plan would be to trade him for whatever they can get, sign E. Sanders as a FA. Id then expect them to draft a WR in 2nd round if Watkins does not fall to 7 which seems like the likely scenario. Someone like Brandin Cooks (*crosses finger) or Allen Robinson.

All in all, I do not expect Williams to be on this team much longer. Shame because the dude can ball for sure.

I'd be down with a Sanders AND Cooks move if we trade Williams. Williams should be able to fetch a second round. He's an above average #2 WR and a very underrated red zone threat. Not a consistent player and doesn't always bring his A game though. IF we sign Sanders and trade Williams we better be aiming for a WR early.

This team needs a whole new makeover. I fully expect to hear the announcements of the new signees over the next few days.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis signs with the Pats for 12 mill a year but won't restructure with us... P.O.S.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Revis signs with the Pats for 12 mill a year but won't restructure with us... P.O.S.

I don't think its that. I think there is no other team that would give him 16m per season or close to that. Idiots Shiano and Dom were the only clowns willing to pay a CB like a franchise QB
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 29 of 100

Jump to: