Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition V2
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: General News - Buc's Edition V2 Reply with quote

Last one hit 100 Pages

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 8 Catches 91 Yards
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to reply to this but saw new thread

djw4bucs wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Eh I'm not willing to pay Mack that cash. He's a definite upgrade over Zuttah but Zuttah was solid. Not great but not terrible. It's not a huge need.

I still am not comfortable just riding with glennon. He hasn't proved he could make enough plays to win ball games.

I'll post my updated mock draft and off season before free agency starts.

Zuttah is TERRIBLE! Not a huge need?? He is the weakest link on our o-line....it made me sick at times how we were unable to get a run game going all game because the A gap would get blown tf up.

I been screaming for a new Center for 3 seasons now.

He is an average guard but a bad Center

Move Zuttah as a Backup as a Guard but Sign/Draft a Center

Yes fully agreed

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

djw4bucs wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Eh I'm not willing to pay Mack that cash. He's a definite upgrade over Zuttah but Zuttah was solid. Not great but not terrible. It's not a huge need.

I still am not comfortable just riding with glennon. He hasn't proved he could make enough plays to win ball games.

Zuttah is TERRIBLE! Not a huge need?? He is the weakest link on our o-line....it made me sick at times how we were unable to get a run game going all game because the A gap would get blown tf up.

Yes fully agreed

Mack is my biggest Target but Travis is a my #1 in the Draft as a Center

Caaddy24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

djw4bucs wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Yes fully agreed

That really is what we should do, Zuttah is a horrible center but would be a solid guard I think... it would solve 2 positions on the O-line, and we could just release Joseph

I doubt the browns let Mack go so I would suggest getting a top center in the draft
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

djw4bucs wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Yes fully agreed

Mack is my biggest Target but Travis is a my #1 in the Draft as a Center

If we go value at CB, DL and KR with Tillman, Allen/Peppers, and Hester then why not grab a top 3 center in the game. I mean I cant be the only one that thinks it would be stupid for our FO to pass on the possibility of adding Mack because he isnt an older and cheap value guy? Now I dont think we will ever sign a Vincent Jackson AND Carl Nicks in one offseason again...two players in their prime and getting paid top dollar at their position, but one player sure. Also, I think most skill position players will be drafted and I doubt 27-28 year olds will be brought in in FA to fill skill positions. Just a hunch. Sure Im not calling C a skill position but it is an important position none the less. Like someone pointed out...my gosh how many times does Zuttah have to allow the A gap to be blown up on a run play before we replace him?

Deuces, I like how you played GM on the last thread. But your logic is pretty sound imo and I really hope we do something like that. By cutting Joseph, drafting a RG and restructuring Penn we save what...$6-$8 million? That is exactly what Mack would get and our line is younger and better. Then with maybe restructuring Revis we could add to the $19-$22 million we already have in cap space. Grabbing the 3 value FAs everyone has been talking about and extending McCoy this year and David next would be no problem at all, especially with the cap likely going up in 2015.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got 22Mil on Cap Space
http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/2/20/5429652/salary-cap-set-at-130-million-buccaneers-to-have-22-million-in-cap

bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
We got 22Mil on Cap Space
http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/2/20/5429652/salary-cap-set-at-130-million-buccaneers-to-have-22-million-in-cap

Cut Joesph and Koenen and we will be at 31 million. That's niceeeeee...

Maybe get Penn to take a bit of a pay cut? Push it closer to 35 million. Then we could pay Tillman, Hardy, Hester, Roberts and Mack? Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5534/demar-dotson

Quote:
GM Jason Licht says the Bucs are considering giving RT Demar Dotson reps at left tackle in an effort to increase his "versatility."
Licht believes Dotson was the team's best offensive lineman last season. Licht's comments are an obvious indication that he's not overly enamored with current blindside protector Donald Penn.

Here we go boys, dump Joseph and Penn and save $14,000,000 Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5534/demar-dotson

Quote:
GM Jason Licht says the Bucs are considering giving RT Demar Dotson reps at left tackle in an effort to increase his "versatility."
Licht believes Dotson was the team's best offensive lineman last season. Licht's comments are an obvious indication that he's not overly enamored with current blindside protector Donald Penn.

Here we go boys, dump Joseph and Penn and save $14,000,000 Shocked

If we have a LT in Dotson on the team already that would be huge. This is a great OL draft and getting a guard or RT would not be too hard to do.

Also, hasn't Dotson only been playing football for a handful of years? Dude is still growing and getting better. The guy is really athletic and could possibly be more than a brute RT.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More 'trouble' from Williams

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/party-house-brings-more-trouble-for-bucs-williams/2166563

Lovie isn't happy.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TB Doug22 wrote:
More 'trouble' from Williams

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/party-house-brings-more-trouble-for-bucs-williams/2166563

Lovie isn't happy.

wooww... this is a bigger problem than I thought... doesn't look like he's gonna last much longer.. we'll see how the rest of the offseason goes but I wouldn't mind just letting him go and moving on.. he obviously just wanted to cash in on that contract and check out on the field
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy: The whole team is behind Glennon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy: The whole team is behind Glennon

Obviously, they were asked about him. There is a chance he could be our starter next year, what are they gonna say? No, we hope we get a better player?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Obviously, they were asked about him. There is a chance he could be our starter next year, what are they gonna say? No, we hope we get a better player?

Exactly. Plus the players don't make that decision. They're not going to tell you anything
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all agree on Dotson being our best lineman, but the guy is already 28 years old. He's hardly our franchise LT. I think its good to get him looks but I love him staying at RT to be honest.

I think Penn with a better scheme will help out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 1 of 98

Jump to: