Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will the Browns pick a QB if we stay at #4 or trade up?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Browns pick a QB if we stay at #4 or trade up?
Yes
74%
 74%  [ 26 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 35

Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO= humble
IDK = I dont knit
IIRC= I ingest RC Cola
FIFY= 49+1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
bruceb wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Farmer just called me and told me there is no chance we take a QB in the first round.

I mean, IMHO, Farmer just called me and told me there is no chance we take a QB in the first round.

Can we please just trade down and load up on good players in this deep top 60 and not blow it on some project QB Sad

IMHO (thought the "H" was "honest"), whatever, I agree.

FIFY

IIRC I've understood it to mean either. But IDK

Better chance of posters in this forum being honest than humble anyway, IMHO. Laughing

I know you aren't talking about me, I'm the most humble of all of the posters. The humblest! I take great pride in being humble and I want everyone to know about it.

Of course not.

Nor I. Smile
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
IMHO= humble
IDK = I dont knit
IIRC= I ingest RC Cola
FIFY= 49+1

IMHO = Incompetent mod's humor offering
bruceb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, now that we have protocol straight, it's 23 to 8 in favor of the "yes" votes, IMHO.

Is there anyone else who thinks we are going to take a QB @ #4 or trade up?
zelbell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
So, now that we have protocol straight, it's 23 to 8 in favor of the "yes" votes, IMHO.

I think it's a very legit possibility that we take one at #4

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: 8 catches, 120 yards
Sig by Smack
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Nope. Impossible. According to some the chance is nonexistent Wink

People here got sources.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
IMHO= humble
IDK = I dont knit
IIRC= I ingest RC Cola
FIFY= 49+1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
IMHO= humble
IDK = I dont knit
IIRC= I ingest RC Cola
FIFY= 49+1

Oh, I didn't mean you...

duke2056

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Farmer just called me and told me there is no chance we take a QB in the first round.

I mean, IMHO, Farmer just called me and told me there is no chance we take a QB in the first round.

Can we please just trade down and load up on good players in this deep top 60 and not blow it on some project QB Sad

Isn't every player a project?

Absolutely not.

"Project" for an NFL prospect has a pretty distinct meaning. I guess you don't know what a "project"is??

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
duke2056

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
zelbell wrote:
bruceb wrote:

People here got sources.

I am the source. I am Ray Farmer. We are not taking a QB..........IMHO

Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

Absolutely not.

"Project" for an NFL prospect has a pretty distinct meaning. I guess you don't know what a "project"is??

Oh, damn. duke used sarcasm- it was super effective.

I know what a project is. But your basically tarring legitimate starting QB's with the term "project" to discredit them. If Teddy Bridgewater is a "project" than so is Jadeveon Clowney. Nearly no player is a finished product out of college. But a "project" player at QB is a player who is not ready to play, a Logan Thomas if you will.

Last year at this time everyone was in love with the 2014 QB class. On year later, its "2015 is the class to beat" and we're dumping 2014 as full of projects. It happens every year. If you legitimately feel there is no franchise QB we can get at 4- than that's fine but don't call them "projects". They are either franchise QB's or they are busts. The reason Bridegwater and Bortles (and Manziel) are being touted is that they are successful, accomplished, physically gifted football players in all respects exactly like every other player in every other position.

Take this report of a player: Smart player, with great instincts and and a high football IQ. Not the most fiery leader and smaller than desired- but of an adequate size. Needs to put on mass to make it a full 16 games. A hard working high character prospect with top potential.

That, without a position, is either Eric Berry or Teddy Bridgewater. Why does one get no questions about being a top 10 pick and the other get called a "project"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
zelbell wrote:
bruceb wrote:

People here got sources.

I am the source. I am Ray Farmer. We are not taking a QB..........IMHO

Then you need to hire me post haste. You do not in any way know what you are doing
Laughing

Bonanza23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

Absolutely not.

I know what a project is. But your basically tarring legitimate starting QB's with the term "project" to discredit them. If Teddy Bridgewater is a "project" than so is Jadeveon Clowney. Nearly no player is a finished product out of college. But a "project" player at QB is a player who is not ready to play, a Logan Thomas if you will.

Last year at this time everyone was in love with the 2014 QB class. On year later, its "2015 is the class to beat" and we're dumping 2014 as full of projects. It happens every year. If you legitimately feel there is no franchise QB we can get at 4- than that's fine but don't call them "projects". They are either franchise QB's or they are busts. The reason Bridegwater and Bortles (and Manziel) are being touted is that they are successful, accomplished, physically gifted football players in all respects exactly like every other player in every other position.

Take this report of a player: Smart player, with great instincts and and a high football IQ. Not the most fiery leader and smaller than desired- but of an adequate size. Needs to put on mass to make it a full 16 games. A hard working high character prospect with top potential.

That, without a position, is either Eric Berry or Teddy Bridgewater. Why does one get no questions about being a top 10 pick and the other get called a "project"

Nah, some of these guys are finished products. Absolutely. NON.

NON=no opinion necessary.

zelbell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 of the 32 starting QBs in the NFL were 2nd round picks or later and Brady, Brees, Foles, Kaep, Dalton, and Wilson are 7 of the 12 with the other 5 being on the Texans, Raiders, Bucs, Browns, Jacksonville

All 20 other teams starting QBs were drafted in the 1st round

I'm sick and tired of trading down and passing on QBs at the top of the draft, we need to take one at #4 because those are the only ones who IMHO can turn this damn franchise around

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: 8 catches, 120 yards
Sig by Smack
duke2056

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

Absolutely not.

Ok, they are all busts then

And you still seemingly are not sure what a "project" is.

A project is someone who needs so much work that they are not anywhere near worthy of a really high pick. I did not think I would ever have to define that on this forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: