Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will the Browns pick a QB if we stay at #4 or trade up?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Browns pick a QB if we stay at #4 or trade up?
Yes
74%
 74%  [ 26 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 35

bruceb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Will the Browns pick a QB if we stay at #4 or trade up? Reply with quote

This is easy.

Vote "yes", or vote "no".

Ruling out trading down, although I think it a significant probability.

Note: Question is what will the Browns do, not what you would do or would like to see happen.

Good sanity check for post draft. Smile
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way this pick isn't a QB.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Will the Browns pick a QB if we stay at #4 or trade up? Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
This is easy.

Vote "yes", or vote "no".

Ruling out trading down, although I think it a significant probability.

Note: Question is what will the Browns do, not what you would do or would like to see happen.

Good sanity check for post draft. Smile

Maybe.

I just like not following rules.

If I had to guess without knowing how picks 1,2 and 3 go I'd say yes. I still think we could go Clowney there. I would be shocked if we selected Watkins.

QB or Clowney.
Shaunp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farmer are GM said the QB he like isn't the 4th overall pick in the draft, he's not the popular guy but he's a guy that fits what you want your franchise to look like so I'm guessing we will. It pick a QB at 4'ill say it's Garoppolo he has that Aaron Rodgers quick release.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaunp wrote:
Farmer are GM said the QB he like isn't the 4th overall pick in the draft, he's not the popular guy but he's a guy that fits what you want your franchise to look like so I'm guessing we will. It pick a QB at 4'ill say it's Garoppolo he has that Aaron Rodgers quick release.

since when can anything said by a front office member at this point in the year be taken to heart
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Shaunp wrote:

since when can anything said by a front office member at this point in the year be taken to heart

Never!

You can never tell what is real and what is smokescreen so I don't even bother to try. He could say that so someone doesn't trade up to #2 for a QB or so teams will contact him about moving up or just a flat out deception. Possibly even the truth but that seems unlikely.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Shaunp wrote:

Never!

You can never tell what is real and what is smokescreen so I don't even bother to try. He could say that so someone doesn't trade up to #2 for a QB or so teams will contact him about moving up or just a flat out deception. Possibly even the truth but that seems unlikely.

Very true. It could be the truth, it could be a smokescreen, he could change his mind when all the arguments come in.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Shaunp wrote:

Never!

Very true. It could be the truth, it could be a smokescreen, he could change his mind when all the arguments come in.

I mean we also have to take into effect that he has not even had a chance to interview any of these guys either as well
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all You Ray Farmer fans.

What if He likes and drafts Johnny at 4?

I know I will have a good laugh Laughing

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:

Then he proves he is an idiot
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:

At this point of the year, you have to go with pure logic and not off of one iota of what Farmer says (i.e. not wanting a qb everyone else is talking about). And logic dictates that the A. The most important position in all of football is the QB position and B. The Browns need to solidify their QB position, so I voted Yes.

In response to your statement Hornby... I'm not a Manziel fan, but that being said, if that's who Farmer chooses why would I be mad at him? Because I think as an amateur prognosticator I know more than a man who is being paid much much more than I make in a year to get these choices right? I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until he deserves to lose it and assume he knows what he's doing until he proves he doesn't.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

At this point of the year, you have to go with pure logic and not off of one iota of what Farmer says (i.e. not wanting a qb everyone else is talking about). And logic dictates that the A. The most important position in all of football is the QB position and B. The Browns need to solidify their QB position, so I voted Yes.

In response to your statement Hornby... I'm not a Manziel fan, but that being said, if that's who Farmer chooses why would I be mad at him? Because I think as an amateur prognosticator I know more than a man who is being paid much much more than I make in a year to get these choices right? I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until he deserves to lose it and assume he knows what he's doing until he proves he doesn't.

Well said. This is exactly how I feel as well. I don't really care who the QB is, I just want them to work out.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
cattleman78

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any team at this time trading up for a q.b. Reasons

1. Houston already said they would trade their number one pick. Why when you need a q.b. so bad? Because there isn't a Luck or R.G.III in this draft. It also wouldn't be a surprise to any one if they draft Clowney.

2. Rams want to trade down. I think if Luck and R.G.III was in this years class Rams draft R.G.III and say bye to Bradford. In other words they don't feel any of this years q.b's are much if any better than Bradford.

3. Jags also said open to trade down. Their owner also they will draft a q.b. or maybe two but maybe not at pick 3. Again you see a pattern of a team not right now sold on a q.b. that high.

4. Browns We've already discussed what we do with pick 4.

5. Oakland has been quiet. My guess is they hold on to their picks and probably trade down. Last year they traded down and did not receive good value.

6. Atlanta may trade up for Clowney but even Clowney has questions.

7. Tampa Bay see Atlanta

8. Vikes need a q.b. but their G.M. already said they want more picks not less.

You see a pattern here on the q.b's. Some of it's smoke some not. Two years ago we knew Luck was going number 1. We also knew R.G.III was going number two. If say Bridgewater was nearly as good as Luck Houston would say we are taking him.

9. lastly this is a deep draft. I'd say if you have two picks in the top forty or so it is like having two first rounders this year with the talent in this draft.
It even looks like our early 4th rounder is a middle to late third rounder. In other words I'm saying draft picks are more valuable this year.

10. of course it only takes one team to fall in love with a player to trade up.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

give me QB
and if not QB
give me that watkins kid

i just want a freakin offense
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:

Then I'm going to become a giant Johnny Manziel fan and root for him with all the praise I've got.

Being uncertain about Manziel and uninterested in spending the #4 overall pick on him does not mean I won't root for him if he's a Brown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: