Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarius Byrd
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still alot of solid players out there that the bills can benefit from

Thanks Max
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Assuming we don't re-sign Chandler and Moats, and we continue doing whatever it is we are doing right now...we could be in for a nice 3rd or 4th round compensatory next season.
It's been like 6 hrs since the start of free agency. Whaley studied under Nix and Nix usually let the top tier of free agency and then let the market settle and find players in that next tier for a much more reasonable price. I am quite content letting the first day play out.

I want Talib and Nicks. And a lineman. Get ready for Searcy though. Duke Williams too.

Talib just got paid by the Broncos.. I want us to sign Malcolm Jenkins and than trade 2 1st's for Jimmy Graham.

Take the Saints

As I said before, I want Jenkins too, and I think that is a very realistic signing for OBD. Don't see them going after Graham anymore. I just think Mario was our big splash that will get referenced for a few more years as proof of our willingness to make an impact in FA. That should hold the fans for a while, while the FO focuses on financially safer moves with really good upside, i.e. Hughes & Branch last season. Just a hunch, not based on anything really....

Jenkins signed with the Eagles.

Unfortunate. Man, he would have made for a very soft landing from losing Byrd.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Assuming we don't re-sign Chandler and Moats, and we continue doing whatever it is we are doing right now...we could be in for a nice 3rd or 4th round compensatory next season.
It's been like 6 hrs since the start of free agency. Whaley studied under Nix and Nix usually let the top tier of free agency and then let the market settleand find players in that next tier for a much more reasonable price. I am quite content letting the first day play out.

This doesn't win Championships in this league though, unless they find the next Tom Brady or hit GrandSlam Homeruns in 2/3 consecutive drafts.

I could be Ok with this philosophy if we extended our draft picks that have panned out past there rookie deals but this team always comes up short or with a lame excuse as to why they don't feel that position has that value i.e Andy Levitre.

Sorry I'm a little bitter we sat on our hands again
You also don't win it but winning free agency. The Raiders just signed an average RT $7m a year, keep me away from that. As for letting Levitre walk, you really want to pay a guard that kind of money? That is ridiculous, signing guards to big contracts rarely works out. Now should they have replaced him better, absolutely but it doesn't change the fact that signing a guard to a contract like that would be an unwise move in my opinion.

Bingo!

The Dolphins over pay and make big splashes every year and they are no closer to a Super Bowl then us. How many games did they win last year compared to us?

The Bills approach can be very frustrating at times we all know that. But we did everything we could with Byrd. We've already re-signed A. Williams and Eric Wood to extensions. Glenn and Dareus are most definitely next.

The way we'eve drafted lately, I'd say we are going to be okay.

I'll take Lawson, Branch and Hughes over just Byrd or Levitre any day.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the contract.

Jesus. Byrd is a great safety and everything, but he's not worth THAT. Laughing

Saints are in for a looooooad of trouble in a couple years with the way their GM keeps trying to push money back. Think the Jets a couple years ago except way worse.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
mkkost84

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Just saw the contract.

Saints are in for a looooooad of trouble in a couple years with the way their GM keeps trying to push money back. Think the Jets a couple years ago except way worse.

He has pushed his chips all in with Drew Brees in his hand. And why not? You have an elite level QB, why not try to win another SB before Brees leaves the game? Everyone knows how important it is to have an elite QB, and how much that increases your chances of winning a championship. It's so hard getting an elite QB, and it just so happens the Saints have one of the best to ever play the position. Might as well go for it.
Beast M0de

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's reported that the Bills offered 7.5 for Byrd while the Saints got him for 9 million.

I love the Graham signing but with him making 4 mil a year and Chris Williams making 5 mil (I live in Chicago and Bears fans have gave me so much crap for this signing), it's hard to believe that we used the money right.

Would you rather spend $9 million on:

Corey Graham & Chris Williams

or

Jairus Byrd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast M0de wrote:
It's reported that the Bills offered 7.5 for Byrd while the Saints got him for 9 million.

I love the Graham signing but with him making 4 mil a year and Chris Williams making 5 mil (I live in Chicago and Bears fans have gave me so much crap for this signing), it's hard to believe that we used the money right.

or

Jairus Byrd

What did we have starting caliber depth at? Safety.

What DIDN'T we have starting caliber depth at? Corner and Guard.

Not hard to figure out why we chose what we did.

Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkkost84 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Just saw the contract.

He has pushed his chips all in with Drew Brees in his hand. And why not? You have an elite level QB, why not try to win another SB before Brees leaves the game? Everyone knows how important it is to have an elite QB, and how much that increases your chances of winning a championship. It's so hard getting an elite QB, and it just so happens the Saints have one of the best to ever play the position. Might as well go for it.

Well yeah, I understand WHY their doing it. But mortgaging your entire future for a 1-2 year window followed by a whole long period of meh to crappy is exceptionally short sighted. At least in my opinion.

BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast M0de wrote:

or

Jairus Byrd

You mean a depth CB and an average-at-best G or a top 3 NFL FS who will only be 28 in October?

I'm with you on that 100%
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ That said, he didn't want to be here, so I don't think we could have signed him anyway.
mkkost84

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
mkkost84 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Just saw the contract.

Well yeah, I understand WHY their doing it. But mortgaging your entire future for a 1-2 year window followed by a whole long period of meh to crappy is exceptionally short sighted. At least in my opinion.

There is no question that it is short sighted, but with Brees as your field general I think you would also be remisced not to try everything possible to try to win another championship before he is gone. Brees is 35 and has 3 years left on his contract. The Saints basically have a 3 year window, that window is pretty much inline with the Byrd contract. If I'm a Saints fan I would want them to be all in while fully knowing the team is going to go through a rebuild phase once Brees is gone. It's the same thing with the Broncos, except their window may be even shorter depending on how much longer Manning sticks around.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkkost84 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
mkkost84 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Just saw the contract.

There is no question that it is short sighted, but with Brees as your field general I think you would also be remisced not to try everything possible to try to win another championship before he is gone. Brees is 35 and has 3 years left on his contract. The Saints basically have a 3 year window, that window is pretty much inline with the Byrd contract. If I'm a Saints fan I would want them to be all in while fully knowing the team is going to go through a rebuild phase once Brees is gone. It's the same thing with the Broncos, except their window may be even shorter depending on how much longer Manning sticks around.

Was just about to say, that's exactly what the Broncos are doing, and if I were a Broncos fan I'd love it too.
Beast M0de

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Beast M0de wrote:

or

Jairus Byrd

What did we have starting caliber depth at? Safety.

What DIDN'T we have starting caliber depth at? Corner and Guard.

Not hard to figure out why we chose what we did.

Chris Williams is not starting caliber. Not even close. My 3 roommates are bears fans and said he was the worst starter on their team two years ago when they had an atrocious OL. Not to mention every Rams fan says he is garbage. Maybe Marrone sees something in him that he can fix but I doubt it. I'd feel more comfortable with a 3rd round G starting instead of him.. Just because we paid him like a starter doesn't mean he's starting caliber. I watch at least 5 or 6 bears games a year and this guy was just bad. Not to mention every bears fan hates him; mostly since he was a 1st round bust.

We pretty much traded Byrd for a back up OL and a good nickel CB.

And I do believe we would have resigned Byrd if we offered him $9 mil. I don't think Aaron Williams was lying when he said he spoke to Byrd and he said Byrd actually wanted to come back. It's now known we offered him $1.5 million dollars less per year; thats why he didn't resign.

I do really like the Corey Graham signing though. After reading a Ravens board online it sounds like we got ourselves a quality player.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole Byrd argument needs to stop. We offered him a contract that was going to make him the highest paid safety in the league for a portion of his contract. He declined. He wanted to test free agency. He didnt want to be here. If he did he would have signed the contract we offered him. There was nothing the FO could have done to persuade Byrd to stay. We lost him and it sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
The whole Byrd argument needs to stop. We offered him a contract that was going to make him the highest paid safety in the league for a portion of his contract. He declined. He wanted to test free agency. He didnt want to be here. If he did he would have signed the contract we offered him. There was nothing the FO could have done to persuade Byrd to stay. We lost him and it sucks.

IMO we would have had to pay more than the Saints did to keep him here. At the end of the day I don't think he wanted to stay in Buffalo.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: