Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarius Byrd
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard feelings aside... any input on the type of player we just paid a kings ransom for???

Appreciate any info...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Hard feelings aside... any input on the type of player we just paid a kings ransom for???

Appreciate any info...

He sucks
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:

Appreciate any info...

Very, very solid in run support. True knack for the ball. A game-changer in that sense.

Players that get these kinds of contract very rarely live up to it however. IMO KV will be your better S. But Byrd will show up at very opportune times.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming we don't re-sign Chandler and Moats, and we continue doing whatever it is we are doing right now...we could be in for a nice 3rd or 4th round compensatory next season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Assuming we don't re-sign Chandler and Moats, and we continue doing whatever it is we are doing right now...we could be in for a nice 3rd or 4th round compensatory next season.
It's been like 6 hrs since the start of free agency. Whaley studied under Nix and Nix usually let the top tier of free agency and then let the market settle and find players in that next tier for a much more reasonable price. I am quite content letting the first day play out.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
It's been like 6 hrs since the start of free agency. Whaley studied under Nix and Nix usually let the top tier of free agency and then let the market settle and find players in that next tier for a much more reasonable price. I am quite content letting the first day play out.

I want Talib and Nicks. And a lineman. Get ready for Searcy though. Duke Williams too.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

I want Talib and Nicks. And a lineman. Get ready for Searcy though. Duke Williams too.
Count me in for a WR who has been awful the past two years and maybe on the downside of his career. Definitely not may WR in the draft.

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

I aint complaining about our approach. I've said in other threads that I trust Whaley and prefer the strategy of finding value players over overspending for guys and not having much more success if any at all(Miami).

What bothers me is not re-signing our own guys (Chandler, Carrington,) even though the Bills say they want to get them done.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

I aint complaining about our approach. I've said in other threads that I trust Whaley and prefer the strategy of finding value players over overspending for guys and not having much more success if any at all(Miami).

What bothers me is not re-signing our own guys (Chandler, Carrington,) even though the Bills say they want to get them done.
I apologize, I took your post a different way. I would really like to have Carrington back and if we don't get Chandler back we really need to have the ability to draft someone in the top three rounds of the draft which means filling other positions in FA. I hate going into the draft with more holes than we ended the season with.

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

Talib just got paid by the Broncos.. I want us to sign Malcolm Jenkins and than trade 2 1st's for Jimmy Graham.

Take the Saints

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
It's been like 6 hrs since the start of free agency. Whaley studied under Nix and Nix usually let the top tier of free agency and then let the market settleand find players in that next tier for a much more reasonable price. I am quite content letting the first day play out.

This doesn't win Championships in this league though, unless they find the next Tom Brady or hit GrandSlam Homeruns in 2/3 consecutive drafts.

I could be Ok with this philosophy if we extended our draft picks that have panned out past there rookie deals but this team always comes up short or with a lame excuse as to why they don't feel that position has that value i.e Andy Levitre.

Sorry I'm a little bitter we sat on our hands again

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

Talib just got paid by the Broncos.. I want us to sign Malcolm Jenkins and than trade 2 1st's for Jimmy Graham.

Take the Saints

As I said before, I want Jenkins too, and I think that is a very realistic signing for OBD. Don't see them going after Graham anymore. I just think Mario was our big splash that will get referenced for a few more years as proof of our willingness to make an impact in FA. That should hold the fans for a while, while the FO focuses on financially safer moves with really good upside, i.e. Hughes & Branch last season. Just a hunch, not based on anything really....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

Take the Saints

As I said before, I want Jenkins too, and I think that is a very realistic signing for OBD. Don't see them going after Graham anymore. I just think Mario was our big splash that will get referenced for a few more years as proof of our willingness to make an impact in FA. That should hold the fans for a while, while the FO focuses on financially safer moves with really good upside, i.e. Hughes & Branch last season. Just a hunch, not based on anything really....

Jenkins signed with the Eagles.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
It's been like 6 hrs since the start of free agency. Whaley studied under Nix and Nix usually let the top tier of free agency and then let the market settleand find players in that next tier for a much more reasonable price. I am quite content letting the first day play out.

This doesn't win Championships in this league though, unless they find the next Tom Brady or hit GrandSlam Homeruns in 2/3 consecutive drafts.

I could be Ok with this philosophy if we extended our draft picks that have panned out past there rookie deals but this team always comes up short or with a lame excuse as to why they don't feel that position has that value i.e Andy Levitre.

Sorry I'm a little bitter we sat on our hands again
You also don't win it but winning free agency. The Raiders just signed an average RT $7m a year, keep me away from that. As for letting Levitre walk, you really want to pay a guard that kind of money? That is ridiculous, signing guards to big contracts rarely works out. Now should they have replaced him better, absolutely but it doesn't change the fact that signing a guard to a contract like that would be an unwise move in my opinion.

EccentricFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess my main focus of free agency now shifts to "don't go anywhere near Michael Vick." The rumors that there is interest from the Bills is alarming, and I might have to break some things if their answer to letting Byrd walk is bringing in the one player I absolutely want nowhere near a Buffalo Bills uniform.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: