Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarius Byrd
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Jarius Byrd Reply with quote

I think bills need to resign him but if not would a sign and trade be the ideal choice? A lot of media members expect the bills to let him walk but I find it hard to believe that he does. I think worse case is a sign and trade. Browns could benefit with a trade giving up the 24th overall pick and pettine gets a piece to the defense that improves them. Would the 24th pick be to much to ask for a 2 time pro bowler?[/b]

Thanks Max
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns have Ward.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
The Browns have Ward.

Maybe, the have Mack also. Can only franchise one and they may not be willing to pay one of them. It's certainly a possibility that Byrd goes there, although I don't see it happening honestly.

cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Ward a SS? Byrd is a FS. I believe they play 2 different positions but not sure as I dont follow the browns. Plus Ward is a FA

Thanks Max
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Isn't Ward a SS? Byrd is a FS. I believe they play 2 different positions but not sure as I dont follow the browns. Plus Ward is a FA

Well, Ward is listed as a SS on the Browns depth chart (even though he is actually smaller than Gipson). Don't really know that the SS tag applies in a traditional sense there though as in a Horton-run defense (as in last season) the safeties are interchangeable. However Horton is obviously no longer the DC there as he now has that title with the Titans. Hard to peg it with their coaching changes.

Best guess is that Byrd is at least somewhat of an upgrade regardless of which safety he replaced, but the cash really is the big hurdle. IMO they have to resign Mack, as he is the only strong player on their interior OL. Loosing him coupled with desperately needing a RG would put a lot of pressure on their FO to provide a pocket for whoever their young starting QB is...Hoyer or a rookie. Given the many key needs the Browns have, I bet they try to roll with Ward/Gipson again. That safety combo certainly isn't the worst in the league and probably is/might even be better than average.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much is ward looking for $ wise? The reason I argue that they would be willing to trade for byrd cause of pettine knowing him also they have a huge cap space so money wouldnt be a big issue. But my real question is whether it is the browns or another team would a late 1st round be to much asking price? I know he is a pro bowler but safeties arent high on the list. Another team who might be interested is philly.

Thanks Max
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
how much is ward looking for $ wise? The reason I argue that they would be willing to trade for byrd cause of pettine knowing him also they have a huge cap space so money wouldnt be a big issue. But my real question is whether it is the browns or another team would a late 1st round be to much asking price? I know he is a pro bowler but safeties arent high on the list. Another team who might be interested is philly.

Being a Jets fan he may not be an option as a trade to come here since we are a division rival. It depends on who we get for WRs if I feel comfortable then I'd say I'd give up a 1st for him but if we don't get many weapons I think I'd only be willing to part with a 2nd. But yea I think you could get a 1st the only problem being that a team would have to pay him a lot of money and there are not too many teams outside the top 10 that have the cap space. The Browns (who would probably rather keep an in house guy like Ward for cheaper) and the Jets are the only 2 off the top of my head that have a ton of money to spend this offseason.
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clear some stuff up.

Browns have 40+ mil in cap space and could end up with more as they're trying to get rid of Weeden and Bess. TJ Ward is a SS. Him and Byrd would work perfectly together. We have an extra 3rd and 1st so we could do the tag and trade with you guys.

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Browns have 40+ mil in cap space and could end up with more as they're trying to get rid of Weeden and Bess. TJ Ward is a SS. Him and Byrd would work perfectly together. We have an extra 3rd and 1st so we could do the tag and trade with you guys.

If they resign ward and trade for byrd the browns defensive backfield will be nasty with Haden back there too.

Thanks Max
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Quote:

If they resign ward and trade for byrd the browns defensive backfield will be nasty with Haden back there too.

Defense as a whole plus Pettine running the show Shocked

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the bills are planning on trading byrd or even letting him walk which i doubt i think they should bring in delmas as he played well with schwartz. he isnt of byrds caliber and him staying healthy in the past has been questionable but he has potential and with the players like aaron williams jim leonard and searcy this could help the void of byrd leaving. Also we havent seen much of meeks or duke williams on what they can bring to the table as well.

Thanks Max
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

I'm not mistaking the positions of Byrd and Ward I know they are both listed as a FS and SS respectively and no doubt they would be awesome together but would you guys really pay each safety $9+ mill per year on top of giving up a first round pick?
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward isn't going to be expecting 9 million a year he is in the 5-6 million range maybe push 7 million but no where near 9 and im sure byrd will go 8-9 million.

look at what tampa did with revis and goldson. Gave up a 1st and paid a total of 21 million a year so anything is possible.

Thanks Max
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Ward isn't going to be expecting 9 million a year he is in the 5-6 million range maybe push 7 million but no where near 9 and im sure byrd will go 8-9 million.

look at what tampa did with revis and goldson. Gave up a 1st and paid a total of 21 million a year so anything is possible.

I think Philly and the Jets would both over pay for either of these guys along with a host of other teams. I find it hard to believe short of being franchised or being out bid that either of these guys are going to stay in either Buffalo or Cleveland. Maybe Pettine can draw in Byrd to Cleveland but I'm not sure he'd want to commit there long term with the constant flux they've gone through with coaches. (granted hopefully that will come to a stop with this new change)

I just think these guys will go to the highest bidder.

Also Goldson is getting $9m this year and Revis is getting $16m so thats $25m guaranteed for 2 players, when the total cap is projected to be $130m, which is just Bananas. If Cleveland can get both guys for a total of $18m then I think they should do it but that secondary is going to cost a fortune.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 keep in mind both players are eligible to be franchised

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: