Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

oldie's 2014 RANKINGS and Combine/Pro Day discussion thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 1h
#49ers coach Jim Harbaugh at Northwestern pro day where Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo expected to perform

Pray

___
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind it. I would prefer it because I don't want kap getting crazy money but I don't think it's going to happen
He's going to go in 2 probably and Balke won't potentially waste a pick that high if he's ready to extend kap

I think it might be more of a bluff. Long shot. But maybe teams think we might take him in 1 so they try to trade with us or before us

I'm hoping we we use a third on a qb. Like mettenberger. Although we like guys with some quick to them

new sig... sorry alex
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
I wouldn't mind it. I would prefer it because I don't want kap getting crazy money but I don't think it's going to happen
He's going to go in 2 probably and Balke won't potentially waste a pick that high if he's ready to extend kap

I think it might be more of a bluff. Long shot. But maybe teams think we might take him in 1 so they try to trade with us or before us

I'm hoping we we use a third on a qb. Like mettenberger. Although we like guys with some quick to them

Well there's an interesting word. I think most people complained about the play of our backup QBs last preseason, where we went through musical chairs to try to find someone we liked. Then there's the possibility that Kap will want money that would cripple the team. And of course, having too many great QBs is never a problem. If Jimmy turned out to be a stud we could always trade one of our great QBs for more than what it would take to pick up Jimmy. Maybe there are better places to spend a second, but if we went QB I sure wouldn't call it a waste.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
#49ers coach Jim Harbaugh at Northwestern pro day where Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo expected to perform

Pray

Kaep just don't get concussed or else... Wink

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Quote:

Pray

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24411882/prospect-profile-eastern-illinois-qb-jimmy-garoppolo

Quote:
SUMMARY: A late bloomer, Garoppolo didn't receive much attention as a high school recruit, but he became the starter at Eastern Illinois midway through his freshman season and steadily improved his play and production ever since. He culminated his career with a record-breaking senior season, operating from a mostly shotgun, spread attack with a lot of quick-strike throws (screens, slants, etc.). Garoppolo is a very efficient and smart passer with lightning quickness between the time he takes the snap, makes a decision and gets the ball out of his hand. He lacks elite arm strength, but is more than adequate in this area and isn't afraid to test small windows. Garoppolo is appealing as a next level quarterback because of his eye use, timing and overall intellectual process as a passer – will benefit from NFL coaching and should continue to get better, projecting as a future NFL starter within 2-3 years.

WHAT NFL SCOUTS ARE SAYING: “His delivery is the best I've seen in the last five years. He sees the field, makes the read and gets the ball out fast. Everything is a tick faster in the league so that efficient delivery is a big coup for his NFL future.” – NFC North Scout

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman, who is your nfl comparsion to GARO?

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:

___
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll probably go too high for a backup QB. We should only select him if the organization doesn't think Kaep is their long-term QB.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
jamesl2424

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like the idea of taking him to stash and learn, but I think he would go to Houston at the top of round 2. I do think we could easily get the Ravens pick in the first for KC's 2nd and our 3rd round pick because Baltimore is cash straped and looking to slide out of the first. He holds a ton of value to us, if Kap wants to much money we ride out year 4 of the contract and then we hold the cards either we trade, extend, or franchise. If we franchise tag him either he earns his Brady, Rodgers extension or we trade him the following off-season and go with Jimmy G. If he does earn the extension we should get equal to our 1st round pick value trading Jimmy G. after 2 seasons of learning and looking good in preseason.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

Really?! It isn't April fools right???

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auburn Pro Day: Lighter Dee Ford shows off speed, power

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24467729/pro-days-lighter-ford-shows-speed-power

Quote:
Ford, who was scratched medically because of a back issue he and his agent called a precaution, weighed in at 244 pounds. Down from 252 at the NFL Scouting Combine 10 days ago, Ford intends to show teams he can convert from 4-3 defensive end to a 3-4 outside linebacker or hybrid pass rusher role. Ford is an explosive pass rusher but with limited repetitions dropping into coverage, his position drills Tuesday and in private workouts are vital to nailing down a first-round grade. Ford is rated No. 28 overall by NFLDraftScout.com. Scouts expected him to test well and Ford didn't disappoint. He had a 35 1/2-inch vertical, 10-foot-4-inch long jump, 29 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press and 4.59 on his first 40-yard dash attempt and 4.54 on his second.

___
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Quote:

Pray

I don't remember the previous years, but does Jim usually travel out to pro days? Must be some real interest here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently we weren't just watching. The Texans and us put him through a workout.

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/440902779662761984

Quote:
#49ers and #Texans both put Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo through private workout already today at NU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Quote:

Pray

I don't remember the previous years, but does Jim usually travel out to pro days? Must be some real interest here.

I remember that SF worked Kaep out prior to the draft... can only assume that the "QB whisperer" was involved in that.

________

___

Last edited by oldman9er on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:06 pm; edited 16 times in total
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From La Canfora and Florio: "It's official, Colin Kaepernick is on the trading block. Reliable sources within the 49ers organization claims there is friction between Kap and Harbaugh."

It's so easy, I should get paid to be an insider.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 20 of 31

Jump to: