Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The KCChiefs Football's Future Recruiting Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 7232
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The KCChiefs Football's Future Recruiting Thread Reply with quote

Morkim wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
Morkim wrote:


I've been reading up on it as I lurked. I was mostly looking for the key to your free agents discussion Razz


May be you are just a greedy spy from another team?? Wink


You caught me, I'm spying on the cap strapped teams for bargains Surprised

I'll be lurking all day, will post more in depth thoughts when I'm not on my phone.


If you want to contribute to FFMD:

We're looking for someone to sort out the scrap heap. Read: someone tracking other teams' cuts/no-tenders and pointing out when a good guy may become available (like OG Dan Connolly, released by the Pats today).

We are always looking to improve - and even if it's player #90 on the roster.
_________________
Be it known that this day, January 4, be known as Reid Friday from now until ... well, as long as it lasts ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5789
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I'll admit that I haven't been around nearly as much. Guess I'm trying to be better at my job then I have been in the past. In terms of recruiting it's a tough thing for me to pull off, one of the main reasons I joined this board is because of the level of discussion I couldn't always get among my football friends, not to mention living in a different state than your favorite team limits in depth discussion on a regular basis. I have a buddy who is a Chiefs fan that I think could contribute, loves sports etc. But that's about it. Maybe we should take up a collection, fly a plane over Arrowhead pulling a sign? Worked last time it was tried for a different reason!

Seriously though, we always have some lulls, some eb and flows. It's good to see a guy like Nic back and posting, every once and a while I'll see a guy like RogerthePlumber reading, not posting etc. And I don't know where Nic puts me in regards to the pecking order, but I think some of the guys above me have just had changes in their life etc.

I think once the combine closes up shop, we'll see some more of the mock-draft/prospect discussion pick up. I know I just didn't have time to be as well versed this year in some of those things...silly marriage. I'm really looking forward to discussing Mock Drafts from guys like Nic/Bigs/Ryk etc., who put SO much detail into each prospect.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chiefsfan482


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 9
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thought I'd introduce myself.

Been a die hard chief fan since I can remember, I bleed red white and yellow literally (think I need to get that checked out). Also have been an avid reader of this chiefs thread and arrowheadpride for probably around 4 years now. Just got an iPhone for easy internet access, so I thought why not join in and support my teams thread. Looking forward to many future discussions with some fellow chief fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 7232
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefsfan482 wrote:
Hey thought I'd introduce myself.

Been a die hard chief fan since I can remember, I bleed red white and yellow literally (think I need to get that checked out). Also have been an avid reader of this chiefs thread and arrowheadpride for probably around 4 years now. Just got an iPhone for easy internet access, so I thought why not join in and support my teams thread. Looking forward to many future discussions with some fellow chief fans.


Welcome to the club!! You joined back in 2010 and never said a peep??
It's about time to change that!
_________________
Be it known that this day, January 4, be known as Reid Friday from now until ... well, as long as it lasts ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chiefsfan482


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 9
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah first time I have had a steady access to the Internet so dont worry i plan to be very active. I live in san deigo so I don't really meet a lot of chief fans really intrested in some of your prespectives.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5789
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look KC Guy, all you had to do was create this thread and the contributions are coming out of the woodwork!
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 7232
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Look KC Guy, all you had to do was create this thread and the contributions are coming out of the woodwork!


Leechers!!
_________________
Be it known that this day, January 4, be known as Reid Friday from now until ... well, as long as it lasts ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
OurYear


Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Posts: 44
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: The KCChiefs Football's Future Recruiting Thread Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
I'm terribly bored and the FFMD threads grow more and more frustrating (talking about the bitching in the GM Draft Forum) - so I had a look at the Forum Intro thread. Funny when you hit some names you remember well - but didn't notice they are not around any more.

Quite a lot of the oldtimers are still around, checking in every now and then (Yes, I see you!) but not posting anything.

More concerning: VERY few (read: NO!!) recent entries - and those logging in didn't stick.

Does anyone have a clue how to attract a few new members to the board? I dropped links at KC Live chats several times, but obviously no response.

Guess we need some fresh blood - otherwise this will become a three man show pretty soon.


I'm here, just been very busy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kcpre


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 438
Location: LA
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefsfan482 wrote:
Yah first time I have had a steady access to the Internet so dont worry i plan to be very active. I live in san deigo so I don't really meet a lot of chief fans really intrested in some of your prespectives.


I'm in LA, went to the game in SD this year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10897
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistically it'll be two years before I'm a regular poster again. Majority of that reason is work related, but also life, and to an extent still have a hangover from the 2012 season that, for the sake of brevity, killed a bit of my football soul.

As for recruiting, I've tried more for the board in general, as I literally know not one single Chiefs fan. Well, I didn't until recently. Met a guy at work who's originally from KC that I'll have to steer towards this.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Morkim


Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Posts: 769
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: The KCChiefs Football's Future Recruiting Thread Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Morkim wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
Morkim wrote:


I've been reading up on it as I lurked. I was mostly looking for the key to your free agents discussion Razz


May be you are just a greedy spy from another team?? Wink


You caught me, I'm spying on the cap strapped teams for bargains Surprised

I'll be lurking all day, will post more in depth thoughts when I'm not on my phone.


If you want to contribute to FFMD:

We're looking for someone to sort out the scrap heap. Read: someone tracking other teams' cuts/no-tenders and pointing out when a good guy may become available (like OG Dan Connolly, released by the Pats today).

We are always looking to improve - and even if it's player #90 on the roster.


I'm working on this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
101mitch


Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Posts: 6
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The KCChiefs Football's Future Recruiting Thread Reply with quote

Morkim wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
I'm terribly bored and the FFMD threads grow more and more frustrating (talking about the bitching in the GM Draft Forum) - so I had a look at the Forum Intro thread. Funny when you hit some names you remember well - but didn't notice they are not around any more.

Quite a lot of the oldtimers are still around, checking in every now and then (Yes, I see you!) but not posting anything.

More concerning: VERY few (read: NO!!) recent entries - and those logging in didn't stick.

Does anyone have a clue how to attract a few new members to the board? I dropped links at KC Live chats several times, but obviously no response.

Guess we need some fresh blood - otherwise this will become a three man show pretty soon.


I'm here now. Whoo~

I've been lurking a few months, decided to log in. Any chance you can shoot me a PM so I can take part in this? I need a crash course.


Hey! I didn't know you joined Morkim! Anyway.. I have been lurking here too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 7232
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the club, looks like you guys know each other already.
Looking forward to your first mock or whatever ...

How about telling us what to do in FFMD now the Geoff schwartz bdeclined the offer we made?
_________________
Be it known that this day, January 4, be known as Reid Friday from now until ... well, as long as it lasts ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
101mitch


Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Posts: 6
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Welcome to the club, looks like you guys know each other already.
Looking forward to your first mock or whatever ...

How about telling us what to do in FFMD now the Geoff schwartz bdeclined the offer we made?


How do you guys decide if they accept or not? I read the offer and it looked pretty good.

Anyway, Asamoah will more than likely cost too much. Not sure I like the idea of a rookie starting so I want a FA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 7232
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

101mitch wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
Welcome to the club, looks like you guys know each other already.
Looking forward to your first mock or whatever ...

How about telling us what to do in FFMD now the Geoff schwartz bdeclined the offer we made?


How do you guys decide if they accept or not? I read the offer and it looked pretty good.

Anyway, Asamoah will more than likely cost too much. Not sure I like the idea of a rookie starting so I want a FA.


It's the Powers in Being (the guys who run FFMD) who decide. Not knowing why they decline certain offers is an issue for discussion right now.

Check the GM Mock Draft Threads here to follow the discussion. The relevant threads hav a "FFMD" indicator upfront.
_________________
Be it known that this day, January 4, be known as Reid Friday from now until ... well, as long as it lasts ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group