Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers hosting Louis Delmas
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CKSteeler


Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Posts: 4371
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Steelers hosting Louis Delmas Reply with quote

Quote:
The Lions cut safety Louis Delmas last week. The Steelers will be getting the first crack at signing him.

The 2009 second-round pick is visiting the Steelers on Monday, per a league source. Because his contract was terminated, Delmas can sign with any team, at any time.

In Detroit, Delmas played safety in a defense that didnít really pigeonhole one safety or the other as strong or free. In Pittsburgh, free safety Ryan Clark will become a free agent, and strong safety Troy Polamalu has a base salary of $8.25 million and a cap number of $10.88 million. Delmas could replace either of them, in theory.

Or his visit could be primarily about squeezing Clark and/or Polamalu into accepting whatever offer the Steelers currently have on the table.


Source - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/17/steelers-hosting-louis-delmas/

Interesting. He would have to sign pretty cheap right now. The Colbert/Lions pipeline lives on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlaqOptic


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 32325
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Years ago I would have loved this. I wouldn't mind if he is signed to play this season replacing Clark and then he and Shamarko become the Steelers Safeties of the future IF he can return to health and play like he did his first 3 seasons.
_________________
Ketchup on 7/24/14 wrote:
I would cut off my legs if Rodgers threw 20 interceptions.



Trust in the 4Bs: Ben, Bell, Blount and Brown!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49842
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt it happens, but I would like it.

Wouldnt mind it for the right price.

Even if he isnt great, could be a nice stop gap and is an EASY upgrade for Clark, who was dismal last season.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stefan52268


Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 6976
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on board only if it's for the right price. Sometimes a change of scenery does wonders.
_________________

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 35016
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Louis Delmas. Doesn't get the recognition from casual fans that he should. I highly doubt we have a chance to bring him in, but it'd do our defense wonders.

My concern is that apparent knee issue. He reportedly barely practiced... but if he plays a full season at a high level, then I guess it's something to not get too worried over.
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustPlainNasty


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 7099
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea a lot. 7 years ago we signed an experienced 27 year old safety with not quite the same athletic skills.

If there is a position where experience would be a concern and understandable for Lebeau it is free safety.
_________________
Dcash4 wrote:


...you have a forum resume?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chrisororke


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 504
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a big-time signing bc it doesn't effect compensation picks for 2015!

... And I happen to love Delmas. Saves the drafting of Calvin Pryor, who I happen to like as well.

I wonder if they'd entertain trading Troy to a San Francisco or Denver or someone like that for a 3rd round pick to have a trio of Deone Bucannon, Louis Delmas, and Shamarko Thomas.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 35016
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
This would be a big-time signing bc it doesn't effect compensation picks for 2015!

... And I happen to love Delmas. Saves the drafting of Calvin Pryor, who I happen to like as well.

I wonder if they'd entertain trading Troy to a San Francisco or Denver or someone like that for a 3rd round pick to have a trio of Deone Bucannon, Louis Delmas, and Shamarko Thomas.


Zero chance that happens. No one would want to pay up for him now and he wouldn't go. He'd rather retire and leave money on the table than leave Pittsburgh.
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49842
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
This would be a big-time signing bc it doesn't effect compensation picks for 2015!

... And I happen to love Delmas. Saves the drafting of Calvin Pryor, who I happen to like as well.

I wonder if they'd entertain trading Troy to a San Francisco or Denver or someone like that for a 3rd round pick to have a trio of Deone Bucannon, Louis Delmas, and Shamarko Thomas.


Zero chance that happens. No one would want to pay up for him now and he wouldn't go. He'd rather retire and leave money on the table than leave Pittsburgh.


Do you realize who youre talking to?

Logic like that isnt welcomed. Wink
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 35016
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
This would be a big-time signing bc it doesn't effect compensation picks for 2015!

... And I happen to love Delmas. Saves the drafting of Calvin Pryor, who I happen to like as well.

I wonder if they'd entertain trading Troy to a San Francisco or Denver or someone like that for a 3rd round pick to have a trio of Deone Bucannon, Louis Delmas, and Shamarko Thomas.


Zero chance that happens. No one would want to pay up for him now and he wouldn't go. He'd rather retire and leave money on the table than leave Pittsburgh.


Do you realize who youre talking to?

Logic like that isnt welcomed. Wink




Cut me some slack, it's Monday Laughing
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 10020
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:

I wonder if they'd entertain trading Troy to a San Francisco or Denver or someone like that for a 3rd round pick


right. We'll do that after we trade Ben to Arizona for their 2015 2nd rounder.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 7266
Location: 19-19, PA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main concern, as it has been mentioned, is his health. Would the Steelers be getting the player who only missed a total of two games combined in '09, '10, and '13 or the guy who missed a combined 13 games in the other two seasons?

He's only had six interceptions in 65 games and just four in his past 50 though. However, he is coming off his highest total of three this past year.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 25012
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
chrisororke wrote:

I wonder if they'd entertain trading Troy to a San Francisco or Denver or someone like that for a 3rd round pick


right. We'll do that after we trade Ben to Arizona for their 2015 2nd rounder.

Rolling Eyes



But before we trade Antonio Brown for 7 boxes of thin mints!!!
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wardfan05


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 2383
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
chrisororke wrote:

I wonder if they'd entertain trading Troy to a San Francisco or Denver or someone like that for a 3rd round pick


right. We'll do that after we trade Ben to Arizona for their 2015 2nd rounder.

Rolling Eyes



But before we trade Antonio Brown for 7 boxes of thin mints!!!


You're sick!

I wouldn't trade him for less than 4 boxes of tagalongs, 4 boxes of samoas and 2 boxes of thin mints.

Thin mints are good, but they're day two draft picks at best.
_________________


- Thanks, Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 35016
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wardfan05 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
chrisororke wrote:

I wonder if they'd entertain trading Troy to a San Francisco or Denver or someone like that for a 3rd round pick


right. We'll do that after we trade Ben to Arizona for their 2015 2nd rounder.

Rolling Eyes



But before we trade Antonio Brown for 7 boxes of thin mints!!!


You're sick!

I wouldn't trade him for less than 4 boxes of tagalongs, 4 boxes of samoas and 2 boxes of thin mints.

Thin mints are good, but they're day two draft picks at best.


Are they girl scout cookies though? Because that's a dealbreaker in our favor if you ask me.
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group