Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre- Combine Mock Daft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cowboysdreamer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Pre- Combine Mock Daft Reply with quote

1) Aaron Donald- (DT) PITT 6-1" 288LBS. 4.80 SPEED
With the Chicago Bears looking to upgrade their defensive line they take Timmy Jerrigan, so the Cowboys settle with Donald hoping that he will add some much needed pass rush.

2) Gabe Jackson - (OG) Mississippi State 6-4" 339 lbs.
More added depth to the offensive line. nasty and a road grader type player, Cowboys continue to add youth and a grow and create a good future offensive line starting with, Smith ,Leary, Fredrick and now Jackson.

3) Caraun Reid - (DT) Princeton 6-2" 302 lbs. 4.88 speed
When I see this kid play I feel he can be a real stud, he has the strength to take on double and triple team blockers and can also add to the pass rush. I think that Marinelli would love to have a player that could create an sudden impact for our defensive line. ( Donald, Reid, Selvie, Crawford, Bass)
Now the question marks on the defensive line?? (Ware, Hayden, Brown, Kearse Wynn) so if the Cowboys could find a few more sleepers later in the draft and they can evaluate what they have to bring to camp ,it looks like their on the way back to fixing the defensive line.

4) Christian Jones - (LB) Florida State 6-4" 235lbs. 4.65 speed
A very athletic player that can run side line to side line, still could use some development. He is a player that has played multiple positions over the past years. Great speed to chase down the play and help cover the tight end and running backs.

5) Cody Latimer - (WR) Indiana 6-2" 215 lbs. 4.50 speed
A player that runs good routes a real good run blocker has decent speed always seems to find a way to get open, has good size.

7) Phillip Gaines -(CB) Rice 6-1" 195 lbs.
A good size secondary player that shows good 1 on 1 coverage, has the body size to play bump and run. He could help light a fire under Claiborne to get him to play to his standards, nothing like a friendly competion.

7) Matt Hall - (OT) Belhaven 6-9" 323 lbs.
A player that could be developed on the Practice Squad to give Weems, Parnell and Free some competion.

7) Tyler Starr - (OLB) South Dakota 6-4" 249 lbs.
A player hopefully that we can develop into a starter.
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 2 needs to be a DE with Spencer leaving and take a OG later in the 5th. Rather sign a vet at WR or take one in the 7th to work up. Taking your approach my edit would be as following:

1 DT Donald
2 DE Crichton/Jeffcoat
3 DT Reid
4 LB Jones
5 OG Halapio
7 WR S.Evans
7 OT Hall
7 OLB Starr

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre- Combine Mock Daft Reply with quote

cowboysdreamer wrote:

Love. This. Pick.
#petcat

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre- Combine Mock Daft Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
cowboysdreamer wrote:

Love. This. Pick.
#petcat

Great pet cat to have. Do you like him as a SAM or inside?

Also, I like the draft, but I would like to see us add a DE at some point, either via trade or draft. Good work overall.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
cowboysdreamer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Christian Jones could help @ any of those positions but I think his biggest attribute can be filling in for Lee when he goes down, Lee hasn't played a full season yet for the Cowboys.
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre- Combine Mock Daft Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
cowboysdreamer wrote:

Love. This. Pick.
#petcat

100% with you Plan as a FSU fan Jones and Joyner are the two players on D I'd love to see Dallas snag if at all possible. I think Jones could start at OLB over Durant with Holloman moving inside to back up MLB behind Lee.

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got me Reid. You have pleased me. As much as JW is now trying to claim the title of his Champion, I was his first. Cool

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Pre- Combine Mock Daft Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
cowboysdreamer wrote:

Love. This. Pick.
#petcat

Great pet cat to have. Do you like him as a SAM or inside?

SAM. With that size and his ability to run sideline to sideline, I become a drooling idiot at the thought of him in a Tampa-2. In my opinion, he and Ryan Shazier from Ohio State are custom built for that spot.

Quote:
Also, I like the draft, but I would like to see us add a DE at some point, either via trade or draft. Good work overall.

Agreed. I think DE is going to be just as big a need as DT if/when Spencer walks.

Northland wrote:
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Pre- Combine Mock Daft Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
cowboysdreamer wrote:

Love. This. Pick.
#petcat

100% with you Plan as a FSU fan Jones and Joyner are the two players on D I'd love to see Dallas snag if at all possible. I think Jones could start at OLB over Durant with Holloman moving inside to back up MLB behind Lee.

Joyner is a tad undersized, but I like him. A lot. I think he and Dion Bailey are the two most attractive FS prospects for the Tampa-2.

Northland wrote:
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Pre- Combine Mock Daft Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
cowboysdreamer wrote:

Love. This. Pick.
#petcat

Joyner is a tad undersized, but I like him. A lot. I think he and Dion Bailey are the two most attractive FS prospects for the Tampa-2.

I agree, Joyner's size is a concern. but they guy was just around the ball so often for FSU. Move Church to SS and let Joyner just roam and make plays would be a big upgrade for me from FS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: