Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free agency thread..... the 3 best FA targets for the Bills?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:
I'm fine with the Bills not making much noise early. Take a few days for the terrible contracts to be made then swoop in with some solid deals and sign a starter or two and some depth. It's a fine strategy that has been a winner for ages.

I agree to a point. But the problem is that that strategy hasn't turned us into winners. To stick with that strategy, and make it work for us, we need to keep our own guys too, which we don't. If we're going to continue to lose our own top players, we need to be bigger players in FA.

There's a different between letting player walk and players strait up saying that they are walking. Not saying I know all of the details of the Byrd situation but I'm not just going to chalk it up to us being incompetent. I think Byrd had a lot more to do with Byrd not resigning then the FO did.

Oh I agree, and I'm not blaming the FO one bit for Byrd walking. What I'm saying is that when our top players leave, we need to bring in proven talent, or at least try to. We can't always count on the draft to get our talent, especially when they leave after their rookie contracts are up. We'll just continue to spin our wheels.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We probably won't go after him but Donald Penn just got released by the Bucs. Any chance we show an interest in him at RT? I expect he will get far too much money and that the Raiders will want him as their LT but might be worth a shot.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Billsfaninptown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like RB Anthony Dixon is going to visit with the Bills. I think this would be a solid pick up for a 3rd string RB.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billsfaninptown wrote:
It looks like RB Anthony Dixon is going to visit with the Bills. I think this would be a solid pick up for a 3rd string RB.
I can get behind this. He would be a solid 3rd RB.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to create a new thread specifically for this so I'll put it here, Kiko has officially been moved to WLB. I am okay with it as long as he stays on the field in nickle and dime packages, which it sounds like he will.

TommyC376

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
I don't want to create a new thread specifically for this so I'll put it here, Kiko has officially been moved to WLB. I am okay with it as long as he stays on the field in nickle and dime packages, which it sounds like he will.
This was the plan all along when we switched base defenses. I am totally fine with that! He'll likely play a Lavonte David type role in this defense. I can't see a situation (unless he is injured) where Kiko doesn't stay on the field in nickel and even dime situations.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
This was the plan all along when we switched base defenses. I am totally fine with that! He'll likely play a Lavonte David type role in this defense. I can't see a situation (unless he is injured) where Kiko doesn't stay on the field in nickel and even dime situations.
Yeah I agree. I find the timing of this, coupled with Brandon Spikes rumors as more than coincidence. I guess we'll find out soon.

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Yeah I agree. I find the timing of this, coupled with Brandon Spikes rumors as more than coincidence. I guess we'll find out soon.

With Spikes and Kiko beside one anther...I wouldn't be at all mad if Rivers is the SLB. Our LB corps would be dope.

I like the idea of Lawson at DE/OLB hybrid. Almost sounds like we could be running a 3-4 and 4-3 at the same time. Offense will never know if Lawson drops or comes as an edge rusher.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they can re-sign Carrington. I heard he had a good visit with the Steelers.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are still some guys out there I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills target. Low cost guys.

DE Corey Wootton - Still young (26) and has the ability to play DE or DT. We need depth along the D-line.

FS Steve Gregory - Just 31 years old. a Brooklyn guy with a tone of experience in this league. Would be nice insurance if D. Williams or Searcy fail.

RT Jason Fox - Former Detroit Lion who had once been seen as the heir to Jeff Backus at LT. Has had injury issues and only 3 starts in the league. But, he would come cheap and compete with Hairston, Coughman, and a rookie.

This would allow us IMO to truely go BPA at 9 and literally just draft how our board is set.
Mike Evans Pray Pray

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent I agree alot of talent still available. From what I read on Espn and overthecap bills have around 17 million in cap space. They have enough to bring in more players.

I would like to look at a couple of players that the bills can get at low cost:

Kenny Britt yes he has had some issues and injuries but a 1 year prove it deal can benefit him as well as the bills depth. This will put less pressure on EJ as well as Stevie. He has size and speed. I also would like to them to look at Jermichael finley 1 year prove it as well he is coming off of an injury and the bills need to upgrade on the offensive side. Yes they resigned Chandler to a 2 year deal but the guaranteed is for this year so he could be cut next year without hurting cap space if Finley is the better TE.

Defensive side I would like to see them go out and get a pass rusher as it is looking like a 4-3 base of the hybrid from last year. Hughes can come in but he is not a 3 down pass rusher. I think Jared Allan would be to costly but a guy can wish.

Alot could still be done but it also gives the bills an opportunity to go BPA or even trade up or down if need to and get the guy they want in the 1st round

Thanks Max
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to fox sports Bills and panthers are showing interest in Britt.

Thanks Max
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:

Eww. No. Not talking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:

I'm Ok with us taking a look at Britt.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills have 17 million in cap space. I believe this was the last year for roll overs. A 1 year prove it deal or 2 years with more money this year I say do it. The bills need to load up on some weapons as they had very little talent when injuries came around

I would like them to bring in Finley as well i think both guys can come pretty cheap.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: