Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free agency thread..... the 3 best FA targets for the Bills?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
2 kickers already signed not sure what dawson signed for but vinateri did 2 years 5 million. If bills do re-sign Carpenter (which i hope they dont) then I expect a similar offer.

Dansby agreed to browns 4 years 24 million. i wonder if spikes is looking for similar costs if so im not sure 6 million a year is the right cost for him

Carpenter is coming off a career year and is still only 28. Why get rid of that for two unproven guys?

Hopkins looked awful at times last year.
Good signing IMO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get rid of him to save money to put towards more important positions. Financially this is a dumb move. Bills need to focus on higher valued issues other than kickers. Carpenter has one good year as a kicker and you want to throw money at him after spending a draft pick on a kicker.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 1h
If LB Dekoda Watson doesn't strike a deal with the Jags, he'll visit the Bills. But Jacksonville first and maybe last.

I've honestly never heard of him but we do need depth at LB and he fits the Bills.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Get rid of him to save money to put towards more important positions. Financially this is a dumb move. Bills need to focus on higher valued issues other than kickers. Carpenter has one good year as a kicker and you want to throw money at him after spending a draft pick on a kicker.

The Bills are hardly tight for money.

Besides, we've never been big spenders in free agency and that looks to stay the same this year. Couple depth players who potentially start and retain our own guys. Thats the Whaley approach.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Besides, we've never been big spenders in free agency and that looks to stay the same this year. Couple depth players who potentially start and retain our own guys. Thats the Whaley approach.

No [inappropriate/removed], kind of annoying we sit on our hands 1st day of free agency.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no doubt in my mind that the Bills are operating on a self imposed salary cap and not acknowledging it to the public. I think it's shady and disappointing Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with the Bills not making much noise early. Take a few days for the terrible contracts to be made then swoop in with some solid deals and sign a starter or two and some depth. It's a fine strategy that has been a winner for ages.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Williams Guard from Rams to visit bills today.

Thanks Max
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
I'm fine with the Bills not making much noise early. Take a few days for the terrible contracts to be made then swoop in with some solid deals and sign a starter or two and some depth. It's a fine strategy that has been a winner for ages.
I couldn't agree more.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Chris Williams Guard from Rams to visit bills today.

CB Nolan Carroll as well.

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

No [inappropriate/removed], kind of annoying we sit on our hands 1st day of free agency.

Really????

And do what...overpay for Whitner or D. Ware or whoever else?

What is the point in that? Honestly. Other then making fans temporarily happy it rarely ever solves anything. It just hurts the teams cap situation down the road.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Really????

What is the point in that? Honestly. Other then making fans temporarily happy it rarely ever solves anything. It just hurts the teams cap situation down the road.
He be the same person complaining when the players don't work out and we have no cap room down the road. You can't please everyone. I am okay with what the Bills are doing in FA but I can accept that others are not.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Really????

Well said trent.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:

I agree to a point. But the problem is that that strategy hasn't turned us into winners. To stick with that strategy, and make it work for us, we need to keep our own guys too, which we don't. If we're going to continue to lose our own top players, we need to be bigger players in FA.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:

I agree to a point. But the problem is that that strategy hasn't turned us into winners. To stick with that strategy, and make it work for us, we need to keep our own guys too, which we don't. If we're going to continue to lose our own top players, we need to be bigger players in FA.

There's a different between letting player walk and players strait up saying that they are walking. Not saying I know all of the details of the Byrd situation but I'm not just going to chalk it up to us being incompetent. I think Byrd had a lot more to do with Byrd not resigning then the FO did.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: