Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My take on DraftTek's mock draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DR43

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: My take on DraftTek's mock draft. Reply with quote

I modified DraftTek's mock to what I feel the Steelers would do on draft day. DraftTek is omitting the comp selections so I added a third, fourth, sixth, and seventh for losing Wallace, Lewis, Mendenhall, and Mundy, respectively.

Round 1: Eric Ebron TE, North Carolina

I agree with DraftTek on this one. This isn't addressing an immediate need but he's too good to pass up on.

Round 2: Bradley Roby, CB Ohio State

DraftTek has us taking a WR but with our need at CB we really can't avoid addressing this position.

Round 3: Morgan Moses, OT Virginia

This was a tough one. The Steelers really have no need for the best players available. I decided to go with the best player available.

Round 4a: Daniel McCullers, NT Tennessee.

6'7 370 LBS. He was getting double and triple teamed in college.

Round 4b: Martavis Bryant, WR Clemson
The tall WR we need to complement Antonio.

Round 5: Tim Jackson DE, North Carolina
A perfect 3-4 DE.

Round 6a: Carl Bradford, OLB Arizona State
I think we'll resign Worilds but Bradford would be too good to pass up at this point.

Round 6b:James Wilder Jr, RB Florida
Backup to Bell.

Round 7a: Bene Benwikere, CB San Jose State
More depth needed at CB.

Round 7b: Kirk Van Der Kamp, P Iowa
Punter needs to addressed in the draft or in free agency.

[MOD EDIT]
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually like this draft. I know a few of the guys on here a bit controversial (McCullers/Roby). I like both of them, especially where you have them slotted.
"Roger Goodell, who’s a crook and a puppet, said I was the dirtiest player in the league. If that man was on fire and I had to [urinate on him] to put him out, I wouldn’t do it. I hate him and will never respect him.”~James Harrison
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of Roby or McCullers. i do not think McCullers wants to play football any more. very unmotivated.

Odell Beckham is decent pick in the 2nd

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
DR43

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
I'm not a fan of Roby or McCullers. i do not think McCullers wants to play football any more. very unmotivated.

We could go with Kyle Fuller in the second. I chose Roby because that is who drafttek ranked the highest in the second round. I really dont see the Steelers going with two offense players with our first two picks.

Where did you get the impression that McCullers doesnt want to play football anymore?
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Bradford is as dumb as a box of rocks or he has some off field issues Im not aware of, there is no way he shouldn't be selected in the 1st two rounds, with a strong lean towards the 1st.

McCullers is a body for a team that has severe Dline issues.

Van Der Camp was embarrassingly awful at times and far too often.

...you have a forum resume?

Last edited by JustPlainNasty on Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not terrible.

Love the first round pick.

Roby isnt my favorite guy, but in the 2nd, Id be okay with him.

I dont want another day 2 OT. Beachum showed well last year and Adams still has untapped talent.

McCullers....HELL NO. How many good 6'7, 350 lineman are there? He is very tall but doesnt have much of a wingspan, and would struggle severely with leverage. His motor also runs very hot and cold. His size and power was enough to dominate college players. He shouldnt even be drafted IMO.

LOVE Martavius Bryant in the 4th.

Outside of Moses (or any 3rd round OT) and McCullers, I wouldnt mind this draft.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
DR43

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Not terrible.

Thanks. Exactly what I was going for.

Here's the fourth round of drafttek's mock. We should havepick of the litter. Who would you recommed in lieu of Morgan Moses?

[MOD EDIT]
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DR43 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

We could go with Kyle Fuller in the second. I chose Roby because that is who drafttek ranked the highest in the second round. I really dont see the Steelers going with two offense players with our first two picks.

Where did you get the impression that McCullers doesnt want to play football anymore?

I have friends who are Tenn fans and tell me this. He looked like crap at the Senior Bowl which backs up what I heard. He does not try hard or not at all. Plays weak. I would rather get Kerr or Justin Ellis or Ryan Carrethers.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
DR43 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

I have friends who are Tenn fans and tell me this. He looked like crap at the Senior Bowl which backs up what I heard. He does not try hard or not at all. Plays weak. I would rather get Kerr or Justin Ellis or Ryan Carrethers.

Kerr is the guy I want.

Carreathers would be nice too.

The more of Ellis I get to watch, the less I like him.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Morgan Moses slipping to the 3rd. I bet he sneaks into the 1st round.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
jebrick wrote:
DR43 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Kerr is the guy I want.

Carreathers would be nice too.

The more of Ellis I get to watch, the less I like him.

Yeah, not a great crop of 3-4 NT types in this draft, which makes me wonder a bit more if the Steeler's pull the trigger on Nix in the 1st. Wouldn't be my 1st choice, but I'd definitely understand if they did. I mean, we do covet that 0-Tech position and when that's not working, it as a trickle down effect on everything else we do on the rest of the defense. So if they feel they may be pressed into reaching for a Carrethers/Kerr earlier then they like, maybe they look harder at Nix? IDK. Anyway...

...So, looking at so-called "sleepers," and was wondering what anyone thought of Tenny Palepoi, 6'1" 300. Yeah, he's not mammoth, but he is squat, powerful, and quick. More of a 1-tech fit probably, kinda like Mike Martin was coming out, but as a late-round/UDFA type, might be worth bringing in, especially if it looks as though his frame could stand to add a few pounds.

Props to Jamison on the image!!!
Raven's Fan-
mounimonster wrote:
Lol..The only people taking Brown are...Pittsburgh fans....This poll shouldn't be close...
DR43

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftTek came out with an updated version of their mock draft. After reading through the changes, this is how I feel the draft for the Steelers would work out:

Round 1: Darqueze Dennard CB

Round 2: Jarvis Landry WR

DraftTek has us taking OLB Dee Ford but I think we'll knocking out one of our biggest needs. He's listed at 6-1 so I'm not sure if he is the tall WR we need.

Round 3 (Comp): Terrence Brooks FS

This was our 4th round selection. But I couldnt see a position of need in the early part of the 4th. If we dont resign Worilds then we could go with an OLB.

Round 4: Ryan Carreathers NT

Round 4 (Comp): Taylor Hart DE

Round 5: Arthur Lynch TE

Round 6: Devante Adams RB

Round 6 (Comp): Joel Bitonio OT

Round 7: Roland Powell OLB

Round 7 (Comp): Pat O'Donnell P
stillersenat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, no links to other draft sites. Just talk about the drafts like you already did.

Thank you.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: