Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Late Round Sleeper Running Back
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
buno67 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
I doubt we draft a RB an higher than maybe the 4th round.

I think that depends on what is avaible through out the draft. They could pull a trigger on a RB earlier if a better RB falls. I think if the backs get drafted like they are being projected that they might aim for a RB in the 4th but if certain backs start to fall the Browns might pull the trigger on a back sooner rather then later.

I believe they might go sooner rather than later on a back because a running game is pretty important in the AFC north. We saw how bad the Ravens looked with no running game. Bengals looked good when they had their two RBs working well together, and the Steelers got hot once Bell was healthy. With a rookie QB they might pull the trigger on a little bit more talented back to give that rookie RB some more support.

the reason i say this is look at the success of the RB's they have had. Terrell Davis 6th round. Alfred Morris 6th round. Olandis Gary 4th round. Mike Anderson 6th round. Tatum Bell and Clinton Portis were the highest drafted RB's the Shanahan's have taken to my knowledge, and Although Portis' career numbers were arguably the best of any, I don't think he was much better overall than the others.

Oh I know about the success the Shanny ZBS is. Klye made Steve Slaton into a beast for a season at Houston. I maybe can see them just going after a more talented back to make more plays. I think they are going to potential want a RB that can catch the ball too. Morris only had 20 catches in 2 seasons. I think they might want more of a threat out of the backfield. If they draft a RB in the later rounds they might have confidence in Dion Lewis because he can do a little bit of everything and a ZBS might make him look even better as a runner but his natural ability as a pass catcher could make him a difference maker.

I just dont want the draft to come and go and we have to expect a late rd pick to be good. I would have more confidence in drafting a more talented back.

You also look at those RBs had in Denver. During that span, Denver had a pretty good well put together offensive line. Browns have a chance of going into next seasons with only one line starting in the same position as they did last year (speaking as if Schwarts moves inside. Only true returner could possibly be Thomas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Dion Lewis will surprise alot of people and run away with the starting job this year and put up 1500 total yards.
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
I think Dion Lewis will surprise alot of people and run away with the starting job this year and put up 1500 total yards.

I think Lewis, Baker, and a rookie will be a nice three headed monster for us..... i hope Laughing

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, we should use day 3 to fix and refresh the running game....if one of the backs like Andre Williams (BC) fall to round 5.....

5th- RB
6th-FB
7th- RB

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
IMO, we should use day 3 to fix and refresh the running game....if one of the backs like Andre Williams (BC) fall to round 5.....

5th- RB
6th-FB
7th- RB

I personally would start on the running game with the second 3rd

PSN: bench515lbs
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of injuries, Tate is such a solid running back and ideal for our new scheme. Let's not forget coming out of college he was highly regarded and taken pretty early after putting up some crazy measurables. He replied to me on facebook back in the day when he was at Auburn too so it'd be nice to see him play for the Browns Laughing
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
Outside of injuries, Tate is such a solid running back and ideal for our new scheme. Let's not forget coming out of college he was highly regarded and taken pretty early after putting up some crazy measurables. He replied to me on facebook back in the day when he was at Auburn too so it'd be nice to see him play for the Browns Laughing

Tate and Crowell would be insane. Despite injury, Tate has low mileage on his legs and can take the load if needed, Crowell is as talented a runner there is in this Draft.

PSN: bench515lbs
bosko1616

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy hill,Mason,and Carey are all guys i like 4th or earlier. Late round guys i like are mikinnon,storm Johnson, and Crowell from georgia southern. But if I had a choice I would try for Tate from the texans or try and trade for Robert Turbin from the hawks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
Jeremy hill,Mason,and Carey are all guys i like 4th or earlier. Late round guys i like are mikinnon,storm Johnson, and Crowell from georgia southern. But if I had a choice I would try for Tate from the texans or try and trade for Robert Turbin from the hawks
I like Mason the most since he played in a ZBS in college

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much of a sleeper but I am a massive fan of Charles Sims, think he could be a monster for us. I think we are lucky where we are in the unique position where after addressing G,WR,QB the depth of CB,RB,ILB will allow us to go 'more' BPA at a position of need. So realistically I think we could go RB as early as round 3 but we could also not address it until the 6th depending on how the draft falls.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JM95 wrote:
Not much of a sleeper but I am a massive fan of Charles Sims, think he could be a monster for us. I think we are lucky where we are in the unique position where after addressing G,WR,QB the depth of CB,RB,ILB will allow us to go 'more' BPA at a position of need. So realistically I think we could go RB as early as round 3 but we could also not address it until the 6th depending on how the draft falls.

Yep, I'm getting pretty close to declaring man-love for him. ESPECIALLY in Shanny's offense.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
I hate to be THAT dude, but Hyde would look great in this offense.

Big dude who typically makes one cut and gets after it.

I'd love to be that dude... draft Hyde. He is big bruiser that this offense needs. We got Dion Lewis for speed.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Shaunp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowell would be great, the browns have spoken to him. He got in a little trouble which removed him from ga but Farmer said it would be a little dirt yonder the nails of a couple players so we could draft Crowell and Jeremy Hill
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowell has 1st round talent, UDFA past. imo He would be worth the risk as a 6th round pick

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Crowell has 1st round talent, UDFA past. imo He would be worth the risk as a 6th round pick

1st round talent, UDFA hairline

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: