Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Late Round Sleeper Running Back
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Late Round Sleeper Running Back Reply with quote

Quote:
Former Georgia RB Isaiah Crowell to enter 2014 NFL Draft...Listed at 5-11 and 190 pounds, Crowell is a dynamic athlete with the explosive feet and shifty moves to quickly change directions and redirect his momentum to keep defenders off balance. He has a lean frame for the position, but is tougher and more physical than he looks, never afraid to lower his pads and get his nose dirty. He wasn't used much in the passing game, but he has shown soft hands as a pass-catcher and displays accurate awareness in pass protection. Crowell has some durability concerns, but his character and off-field decision-making are the big questions with his draft stock and something that will be thoroughly investigated by NFL teams.
A native of Columbus, Georgia, Crowell stayed home and became a Georgia Bulldog, earning SEC Freshman of the Year honors with 850 yards and five scores in 2011. However he was arrested in the summer of 2012 for multiple felony weapon charges, which were later dropped, and dismissed from the program. Instead of sitting out a year and transferring to a different FBS program, Crowell enrolled at FCS-level Alabama State and was the Southwestern Athletic Conference Newcomer of the Year in 2012 with 842 rushing yards and 15 scores as a sophomore. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSjr0Ldo5XU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2G68V6d4uQ

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

buno67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if they draft a RB, it will be a bigger type back. It seems like that in the Shanny ZBS they like bigger backs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be THAT dude, but Hyde would look great in this offense.

Big dude who typically makes one cut and gets after it.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
I hate to be THAT dude, but Hyde would look great in this offense.

Big dude who typically makes one cut and gets after it.

Been thinking the same thing since they signed Shanny. I don't like Hyde as more than a 3rd/late 2nd, but he is a fantastic fit for this offense.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt we draft a RB an higher than maybe the 4th round.

"The league has maintained that they will not suspend players for a positive result caused by second-hand smoke in the past:"
DawgX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's quite a few RBs who I think would be good in Shanny's system - Carey, Hyde, Sims, Mason, Sankey & Grice are some that come to mind. I'm sure there's others as well. I'm guessing those running backs will be drafted somewhere between rounds two and four or five.
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:

I think that depends on what is avaible through out the draft. They could pull a trigger on a RB earlier if a better RB falls. I think if the backs get drafted like they are being projected that they might aim for a RB in the 4th but if certain backs start to fall the Browns might pull the trigger on a back sooner rather then later.

I believe they might go sooner rather than later on a back because a running game is pretty important in the AFC north. We saw how bad the Ravens looked with no running game. Bengals looked good when they had their two RBs working well together, and the Steelers got hot once Bell was healthy. With a rookie QB they might pull the trigger on a little bit more talented back to give that rookie RB some more support.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I been on his bandwagon for a minute now. Plus Crowell has the skills and vision to play in a one cut ZBS kinda like Clinton Portis was in Denver. Also Jerome Smith is a good bigger back to look at as well

PSN: bench515lbs
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Cary is available in the 2nd round, i think they HAVE to take him. he's the best RB in this class to me. i like him, sims and mason over Hyde. I may be in the minority, but I think Hyde is Richardson 2.0. Richardson actually played against better defenses than Hyde in college. hyde was a great college player, but i don't see his skills transitioning well into the NFL. i would take a gamble on him with one of our 4th round picks though, but only if the other backs are gone. late round i also like Dri Archer. He has return skills as well, and i think if you get him to the 2nd level, IF we do implement the ZBS, he has the ability to take it to the house.

Shanahan did say he was building his offense around the talent he has, so does this mean he may not implement the ZBS? it kinda makes me wonder, because it may affect whom we draft at OL and RB.

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
pnies20

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrying a concealed weapon with the serial number filed off...

No way. I wouldn't want him anywhere near me if i was a player.

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:

which player was that?

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
pnies20 wrote:

which player was that?

crowell I believe, thats why he was kicked out of UGa.

With this being such a deep RB, to me the Browns have a chance to get a good RB with a clean record

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
I been on his bandwagon for a minute now. Plus Crowell has the skills and vision to play in a one cut ZBS kinda like Clinton Portis was in Denver. Also Jerome Smith is a good bigger back to look at as well

I would Love Jerome Smith being a Syracuse fan.... that being said I really dont think he has the burst to be a RB in the NFL I would love him at FB though

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:

I think that depends on what is avaible through out the draft. They could pull a trigger on a RB earlier if a better RB falls. I think if the backs get drafted like they are being projected that they might aim for a RB in the 4th but if certain backs start to fall the Browns might pull the trigger on a back sooner rather then later.

I believe they might go sooner rather than later on a back because a running game is pretty important in the AFC north. We saw how bad the Ravens looked with no running game. Bengals looked good when they had their two RBs working well together, and the Steelers got hot once Bell was healthy. With a rookie QB they might pull the trigger on a little bit more talented back to give that rookie RB some more support.

the reason i say this is look at the success of the RB's they have had. Terrell Davis 6th round. Alfred Morris 6th round. Olandis Gary 4th round. Mike Anderson 6th round. Tatum Bell and Clinton Portis were the highest drafted RB's the Shanahan's have taken to my knowledge, and Although Portis' career numbers were arguably the best of any, I don't think he was much better overall than the others.

"The league has maintained that they will not suspend players for a positive result caused by second-hand smoke in the past:"
TRAIL'S END#307

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tre Mason, RB, Auburn if we go early
Marion Grice, RB, Arizona State late round
But my heart is on Mason in the 2nd!
Both might be a over kill because of the current roster of RB
Go Browns!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: