Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL releases the Ted Wells Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagles101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
There are no "PC crowd" trying to make everybody into a freeloading sissy that can't take rejection.

There is a clear, demonstrative line that was crossed here. Saying "that's just how things are" is an excuse, nothing more than that.

i like the pc crowd comments we always get. its like the boogie man...hey i should be allowed to be a complete jerk because its not me being the jerk its the pc crowd telling you im a jerk lol

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
HighMotorGuy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, this is becoming more serious than 9/11.

Jokes, I can't believe people actually care about this.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds terrible but i want this whole thing to be over, first it was all on incognito then it seems like martin is at some fault and now this...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incognito: repeatedly screaming "I didn't do anything!" instead of taking responsibility for his actions. Typical meathead response. This guy is like Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds.
eagles101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Incognito: repeatedly screaming "I didn't do anything!" instead of taking responsibility for his actions. Typical meathead response. This guy is like Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds.

exactly. he shouldnt be concerned about defending his action as much as apologizing for what he might have done. i dont think their is one person here who hasnt hurt someones feelings on accident. i couldnt imagine joking around with someone and they get upset about it and instead of apologizing, saying i didnt do anything wrong.

we all make mistakes, we all probably have gone to far with a joke. i dont blame richie for that...but not owning up to it is far more repulsive to me. i know in high school a kid sold bracelets he made at some beauty salon. had business cards and everything. one day a kid showed me the card. i decided to bust his chops about it. he gave the typical response that he doesnt make them his sister does and he just sells them. and this went on for two or three days, each day worse then the last. (i wasnt the only one busting his chops but that is besides the point just wanted to give the idea of whats happening) we all thought it was in good fun (or at least i did) i got the sense it went to far near the end but it didnt make me stop completely. i did draw back. i later found out that he had stopped selling the bracelets. the same day some one else kept razing him about it and he got real made and left. when he got up to leave i followed him and stopped him in the hall and told him we are just busting his chops and how he should keep selling them and i didnt mean anything by what i said etc etc. thats what a real man does. he admits guilt even if he didnt have bad intentions. the kid was my friend and i went to far. it happens. but richie i dont think sees that. i think hes just a big 15 year old meathead who thinks hes top dog. its just saddening that it got this far.

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:

Both the innocent and the guilty claim they are innocent... the fact someone says "they didn't do anything" is neither beneficial or hurtful to their cause.

Perhaps I am being naive, but I legitimately believe that Richie Incognito believes he is not guilty of bullying Jon Martin.

eagles101 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

exactly. he shouldnt be concerned about defending his action as much as apologizing for what he might have done. i dont think their is one person here who hasnt hurt someones feelings on accident. i couldnt imagine joking around with someone and they get upset about it and instead of apologizing, saying i didnt do anything wrong.

we all make mistakes, we all probably have gone to far with a joke. i dont blame richie for that...but not owning up to it is far more repulsive to me. i know in high school a kid sold bracelets he made at some beauty salon. had business cards and everything. one day a kid showed me the card. i decided to bust his chops about it. he gave the typical response that he doesnt make them his sister does and he just sells them. and this went on for two or three days, each day worse then the last. (i wasnt the only one busting his chops but that is besides the point just wanted to give the idea of whats happening) we all thought it was in good fun (or at least i did) i got the sense it went to far near the end but it didnt make me stop completely. i did draw back. i later found out that he had stopped selling the bracelets. the same day some one else kept razing him about it and he got real made and left. when he got up to leave i followed him and stopped him in the hall and told him we are just busting his chops and how he should keep selling them and i didnt mean anything by what i said etc etc. thats what a real man does. he admits guilt even if he didnt have bad intentions. the kid was my friend and i went to far. it happens. but richie i dont think sees that. i think hes just a big 15 year old meathead who thinks hes top dog. its just saddening that it got this far.

Not trying to be a -... but is your shift key broken? It's always a headache to read your posts.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Charles Barkely was right. Locker rooms - and most the time when you get a bunch of testosterone together - there is a lot of machismo and insensitive talk.

Its not inherently "Sickening"/Wrong. Just like stand up comedy isnt. It can be wrong if boundaries are crossed though.

Actually there is something inherently wrong with racism and misogyny. Whether we accept that wrong as part of human nature is a different question

Not in jest.

Sorry?

StLunatic88 wrote:

Saying "a locker room is different" is not an excuse, its a fact. And if you have to be so PC that you can't handle that, then enjoy beating your head against the wall, because its not going to change.

Just because it happens doesn't mean its ok. Is it really too much to expect that adults should act like adults in their place of work, regardless of their employer?
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Charles Barkely was right. Locker rooms - and most the time when you get a bunch of testosterone together - there is a lot of machismo and insensitive talk.

Its not inherently "Sickening"/Wrong. Just like stand up comedy isnt. It can be wrong if boundaries are crossed though.

Actually there is something inherently wrong with racism and misogyny. Whether we accept that wrong as part of human nature is a different question

Not in jest.

Sorry?

If it's a joke, it's not inherently wrong.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Not in jest.

Sorry?

If it's a joke, it's not inherently wrong.

Potentially. But being a joke doesn't it it inherently ok either. Racism and misogyny are both evils by their nature.
eagles101

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Both the innocent and the guilty claim they are innocent... the fact someone says "they didn't do anything" is neither beneficial or hurtful to their cause.

Perhaps I am being naive, but I legitimately believe that Richie Incognito believes he is not guilty of bullying Jon Martin.

eagles101 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Not trying to be a -... but is your shift key broken? It's always a headache to read your posts.

do you mean because i do not capitalize letters?

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

iPwn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Not that I believe it to be the case, but I wouldn't be surprised, given his history, that he internally justified these acts as legitimate acts of friendship. Regardless, as with the alleged sexual assault, the multitude of things in his past, he quite clearly stepped over a line that any normally functioning adult should realize should never be crossed.

I do, however, reject the idea that Incognito didn't realize that these were bothering Martin. Incognito referenced seeing that Marrin was upset over the sack tape and also noted that Martin's style to combat the harassment was very timid, as well as knowledge of Martin's suicidal behavior (which, let's remember, Incognito must has told his own father about, as well as the entire world). This would show that Incognito is fully capable of recognizing the cues that Martin gave off that others noticed (Martin appearing upset, telling them to stop, etc.). He may have internalized this as okay behavior in spite of Martin's reaction, but he surely must have recognized the issues that were present. Whether Incognito is just a jerk, or whether he has some psychological issues, he's still wholly in the wrong.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

Charles Barkley was quote as saying the NBA locker room was "racists, sexist and homophobic" and he would not change one thing about it. =

Really? He wouldn't change one thing? So he's ok with bigots and racists and sexists so long as they get play sports?

You are missing the point dude. The point was the jokes that occured in the locker room were all racists, homophobic and sexists but they were jokes. People did not take them so literally. Clearly from the messages Icognito had a joking relationship with Martin. It is one thing to be seriously homophobic or racists it is a nother to be joking about it. I swear you guys take life too seriously.

Completely agree. Some of you need to think about what you say to your buddies. Imagine some of these things being documented on a transcript, out of context, and released to the public.

Personally, I'd be screwed

I'd be in jail Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Also I'm not surprised that Incognito's camp released the name of the player that was only referred to Player A in the report.

Wait, did they?
Yep. I'm not about to post the name, but it's being covered by several mainstream reporters on Twitter.

Also an important note for anyone who viewed the text messages released and came away thinking that Martin was lying, rejecting the idea that was trying to diminish the treatment towards him:
Quote:
As an initial matter, Martin developed an odd but seemingly close
friendship with Incognito. Not only did both linemen report that they enjoyed socializing together, the evidence also shows that they often communicated in a vulgar manner. Incognito contends that the conduct about which Martin complains was part of locker room banter meant in good fun and that Martin was a willing and active participant in verbal sparring, never letting on that he was hurt by it. Martin claims that at times he participated in off-color joking with Incognito and others in an attempt to fit in, with the hope of reducing the treatment he found offensive. According to our consulting expert, a psychologist who focuses on matters of workplace conduct, such a reaction is consistent with the behavior of a victim of abusive treatment.

That's what I said after the texts came out. It always seemed to me that Martin was just trying to live up to Incognito. Martin would say insults and stuff but it was always after Incognito did, Martin would never initiate it.

Mancunian Raven wrote:
So Incognito is every bit the 80s high school movie bully that he was initially presented as. Can't say I'm surprised. He's obviously the sort of idiot meathead that the game really needs to get rid of, because it sounds like he was always able to excuse his behaviour, even to twist it so he was in the right and anyone upset was in the wrong.

Get him out of the NFL.

I'd say the same for Jerry and Pouncey (especially Pouncey, who already has a history of being dumb), but I'm sure they'll both get another chance.

Ever since the Pouncey's were spotted in those "Free Hernandez" hats I've thought they were pure scum. This report and the texts aren't going to help his case.

BlueOne wrote:
There is actually at least one new damning piece of evidence against Incognito. From the espn story, "Incognito boasted about "breaking Jmart" in a notebook the linemen used to tally fines and bonuses among themselves. When the investigation began, Incognito asked another player to destroy the book, but investigators obtained it."

If I'm the NFL I frown pretty harshly on a person who tries to destroy evidence after the investigation starts... Not to mention about successfully breaking someone.

This part was weird to me but didn't surprise me. On one hand you have him boasting to teammate's about "breaking" someone and making him leave the team. On the other hand you have him genuinely concerned for Martin and reaching out to him in the texts. Like I said in the other thread, I knew people like him. Dude's obviously insecure and puts on an act to seem big and tough but when he's one on one with the guy he picks on he's friendly with him. This is some straight up middle school behavior. Incognito is such a loser.
DolphWins

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

Charles Barkley was quote as saying the NBA locker room was "racists, sexist and homophobic" and he would not change one thing about it. =

Really? He wouldn't change one thing? So he's ok with bigots and racists and sexists so long as they get play sports?

You are missing the point dude. The point was the jokes that occured in the locker room were all racists, homophobic and sexists but they were jokes. People did not take them so literally. Clearly from the messages Icognito had a joking relationship with Martin. It is one thing to be seriously homophobic or racists it is a nother to be joking about it. I swear you guys take life too seriously.

Completely agree. Some of you need to think about what you say to your buddies. Imagine some of these things being documented on a transcript, out of context, and released to the public.

I'd be in jail Laughing

I would be serving 100 consecutive life sentences. Years back my mom walked in on my brother and he has ventrillo running over speakers, and the obscenities she heard, she got on and yelled at the guys for language and took his laptop away for 2 months.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
157 Rush - 628 Yards - 4.0 Avg - 2 TD [] 25 Rec - 166 Yards
eagles101

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

I'd be in jail Laughing

i honestly dont think i have anything that would get me into hot water, unless you were to strictly put just the bad things i said....even then it wouldnt be to bad since it usually would be one text lol you wouldnt even be able to have the response or the text before. the closest i guess would be a coworker that happens to be my brother-in-law. i work in a restaurant so in general its more lose in professional behavior. but i dont throw out racial slurs or anything like that. its mostly just flipping the bird as i walk by...probably do that 20 times in a 6 hour shift.

maybe its just the kind of person i am and the people i associate with...but we might bust each other chops but it never goes that far at all. and even then i dont talk trash behind peoples back that i wouldnt say to their face. so you wouldnt have the being a jerk behind their back like it seems richie has done.

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: