Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dulac - Steelers intend to take a tall WR...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CKSteeler"]
Quote:
Presumably Dulac heard this from someone that seems to be close to Ben's camp. But it obviously doesn't take an inside source. Dulac may report bad info, but I don't think he just makes things up.

The same "camp" that said Ben was unhappy and wanted to be traded? Yea I'd probably stick with the latter.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The same "camp" that said Ben was unhappy and wanted to be traded? Yea I'd probably stick with the latter.

If we are accusing Dulac of being Rapaport, then things are just getting nasty. Dulac and pretty much the entire local media condemned that report.
Roethlisberger, on the impact of re-signing Jonathan Dwyer after Dwyer was cut because he's not very good at football: “He adds the Jonathan Dwyer effect. He can be the best running back that he can be.”
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Quote:

If we are accusing Dulac of being Rapaport, then things are just getting nasty. Dulac and pretty much the entire local media condemned that report.

My point is that reporters needs stories with or without "camps"! Not calling Dulac a hack, but he's said some of things in the past.

The Steelers need a big bodied WR fans, media, Dulac, coaches FO all no this. They've tried and have come up empty.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do need stories, but local media guys tend to know better than to burn their bridges. Reporting fake info is one way to do that. Dulac may end up being wrong for a number of reasons (haven't even had the combine yet among), but I believe that someone close to the team did tell him this.

Personally, I think the team may have its eyes set on Evans. Has nothing to do with how I view him, but just based on some of the stories I've seen. Either that, or they want people to think they want him.
Roethlisberger, on the impact of re-signing Jonathan Dwyer after Dwyer was cut because he's not very good at football: “He adds the Jonathan Dwyer effect. He can be the best running back that he can be.”
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
They do need stories, but local media guys tend to know better than to burn their bridges. Reporting fake info is one way to do that. Dulac may end up being wrong for a number of reasons (haven't even had the combine yet among), but I believe that someone close to the team did tell him this.

Personally, I think the team may have its eyes set on Evans. Has nothing to do with how I view him, but just based on some of the stories I've seen. Either that, or they want people to think they want him.

I just think it's a smokescreen.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Everything from the FO right now is a smoke screen.

Truth.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Truth.

Yep.

But I think its clear we are getting ready to make a move to trade up for Blake Bortles.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Truth.

Yep.

But I think its clear we are getting ready to make a move to trade up for Blake Bortles.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hilarious!!!

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
gatek99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind seeing Worilds and Jones at the two OLB positions, thats for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If either Jones or Worilds ever ends up as a franchise pass rusher, I'll eat my hat. Frankly, between the two of them, I think you'll end up with about 10 sacks. 7.5 Worilds, 2.5 Jones.
treat88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
If either Jones or Worilds ever ends up as a franchise pass rusher, I'll eat my hat. Frankly, between the two of them, I think you'll end up with about 10 sacks. 7.5 Worilds, 2.5 Jones.

Tough not to be pessimistic on Jones as a pass rusher from the outside. It's early, but nothing indicates much is going to change.

I do think he's an intriguing fit inside if he does add weight. While he may never be a finisher, he's disruptive as hell and at least has enough instincts to generally be around the ball.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:

I'll take that bet on JJ I'll say 7.5 sacks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:

Im far from a big fan of Worlids, but Worlids had 8 sacks this year and didnt even start the first 5 or 6 games.

Pretty silly bet to make when he has already exceeded that number without a full season as starter.

And Jones 2,5? Im sorry, but even if you dont like Jones, the fact is that even scheme alone could ultimately get him 5 sacks a year.

I agree that neither look like they can be "franchise pass rushers", but you are really undershooting it.

10 sacks a year in todays league is good, but not overly impressive.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in love with Worilds but I think that he adds talent to our team.

I'm against paying him a salary that would basically make it stupid for him not to be the starter. But I am for paying him a competitive salary, because imo, that's what he needs to be forced to do, compete. And not even just compete for the ROLB but the LOLB spot too. If Worilds and Jones are capable (and i'm not saying they are) of pushing Woodley out of his job then by all means, do it.

Sig courtesy of IDOG
steelkev43

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
steelkev43 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:
The more I read the more likely it seems they will cut Woodley. I know it doesn't save them much this year but it clears them up big time for the long term. It's a shame too, I mean I made my username 56 because of him. They better get another good LB and give him 56. If it's another terrible backup O-linemen like Chukky Okobi I'll lose it.

::EDIT::

I figure I might as well throw some more opinions in this post instead of just ranting about my username.

I hope they do go after a tall WR but I don't think they'll pigeonhole themselves into it. I doubt the FO would give away something like that this early. Remember the Revis thing? I do think a tall possession type WR would really help our offense, though.

I'd love to get Benjamin or Evans. I was pretty low on Evans but I'm starting to really like him. He's tough, sneaky fast, and has great hands. I think he might be the pick at 15 and I know some don't like it but I'm softening a bit to it.

Dont put too much into what Dulac says. He is wrong more often than he is right.

Cutting Woodley makes zero sense, whether they keep Worlids or not. We dont know what we have in Jones yet and cutting Woodley doesnt save us enough money to do anything with. Yes, it clears up cap in the future....but cutting him next year would do the same thing, but give us an extra year with him to see what he has left.

Can I say for sure we wont cut Woodley? Obviously not, but it would be a laughably stupid move. If they cut Woodley, and gave Worlids a huge contract, I will have little to no faith in Colbert and Tomlin going forward.

You think that if they sign Worilds they will still keep Woodely?
I don't think there is any way that happens. Just can't afford it.

You do realize that cutting Woodley this year doesnt save us anything, right? Even as a post June 1st cut, the amount we save is negligible.

And as I stated, if we sign Worlids to such a deal that we have to worry about the size of his contract going forward, this front office is hopeless. Cant believe people are suddenly willing to pay this guy huge money because a half of a "great" season.

You do realize cutting him after 6/1 saves us 8 mil - right? Does it help with FA? Not really. However it does give you the money to sign draft picks and extend guys like Cam and Cortez. That money has to come from somewhere.

Ok - so we shouldn't be excited enough to pay Jason 6 per year. Did you watch him last year? Did you see his array of pass rush moves? The speed, spin, rip, speed to cross face? The guy never got to play his natural position. If you think Woodley is a better pass rush OLB prospect than Worilds...well, I can't help you. Yes, Woodely has done it for a few years at a high level. Unfortunately, that was 2 years ago. Two years where he can't stay on the field due to soft tissue injuries. Ones that can be prevented.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: