Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Football players at WR
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I not as down on Evans as I was, but not as high as everybody else for sure. He will excel at the role I mentioned Joe Jurevicious like, but my perception is that many think he is an X-receiver when he's more of a Z or Big Slot.

Conversely I'm not as high on Adams as I was, he has the frame, but the great majority of his numerous receptions are 5 yard hitches etc...He could have 12 catches in a game for a 100 yards and none of them advance more than 5 yards down the field in the air and 9 out of 10 are on the sideline. Despite the numbers he has not displayed a lot of game.

Jarvis Landry can do no wrong in my eyes to this point.

Huff does appear to be under appreciated.

...you have a forum resume?
treat88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not at all sure Brandin Cooks is big enough to play in the NFL. But the kid is absolutely electric with the ball in his hands. Short area quicks are Tavon Austin like but with a more polished route tree. He could be this classes TY Hilton.

Gonna be huge for him how he measures. As of now I don't think he's either 5'10" or 185 lbs. I hope I'm wrong.

Definition of a football player, just not sure he's an NFL impact player.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
jebrick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft is absurdly deep and that is not good in some ways. Players, like Evans, would do better to stay in school and learn their craft but came out and will have a wasted year as they learn how to run routes.

Jared Abbrederis has great hands and runs very good routes. That means he will make an impact early in his career. His biggest knock is he is close to his ceiling now.
Donte Moncrief is another decent to good route runner with ok hands.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
I'm not at all sure Brandin Cooks is big enough to play in the NFL. But the kid is absolutely electric with the ball in his hands. Short area quicks are Tavon Austin like but with a more polished route tree. He could be this classes TY Hilton.

Gonna be huge for him how he measures. As of now I don't think he's either 5'10" or 185 lbs. I hope I'm wrong.

Definition of a football player, just not sure he's an NFL impact player.

Let other teams grab publicized names like Crooks and keep tabs on guys like the other Fresno receiver in Isaiah Burse. His transition from the moment the ball hits his hands to his feet hitting the ground and into the next gear is quite impressive.

...you have a forum resume?
ComebackKid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sources say were targeting a tall WR early, so I think it's gotta be either Mike Evans or Kelvin Benjamin. I wouldn't sleep on Penn State's Allen Robinson either.

ComebackKid wrote:

Watkins is going to go first but I gurantee Lee is selected 2nd.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComebackKid wrote:
Sources say were targeting a tall WR early, so I think it's gotta be either Mike Evans or Kelvin Benjamin. I wouldn't sleep on Penn State's Allen Robinson either.

The sources saying that are wrong more often than they are right.

On top of that, endless smokescreens get thrown around this time of year.

They arent going to put their plans out there for everyone to know, and even if they did come out and say that, IMO, it would be a smoke screen. They might want Baltimore, the Jets and other teams to trade up or teams ahead of them pick those tall WRs so that the player they REALLY want falls to them.

Im not saying we WONT take a tall WR early....very possible....just saying that I wouldnt trust anything Jerry Dulac says...4 months before the draft....before the combine and pro days....about who we are targeting early.

Theyve said the same thing about CBs and OTs for us over the years, but thats never happened. If the value is there, Im sure they will go with a tall WR, but the Steelers stay true to their board, so the only way they will take one is if its the player on top of their big board when our pick is up.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
32houchen32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John brown Pitt ST

He's another midget. But in the 5th-7th range I wouldn't mind the pick.

Thoughts?
xLeBron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Josh Huff in the 5th/6th.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: