Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints release Roman Harper, Jabari Greer, Will Smith, etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandomCampBody

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearing cap for that graham contract.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue-Splitter wrote:
I could have swore Roman Harper had one really good year.

Didn't he record like 8 sacks one season? He also led the team with that number IIRC.

Always liked Harper, always seemed like a jack of all trades, master of none, kind of player. I'd love to have him play alongside Devin McCourty if he's got anything left in the tank.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola Status: Being Severely Underutilised
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Tongue-Splitter wrote:

Didn't he record like 8 sacks one season? He also led the team with that number IIRC.

7.5, good for 2nd best for a DB in a season. He had 6 FF the year before that, while also racking up 4 sacks.

Brandin Cooks - 53 receptions, 550 yards, 25 first downs, 3 TD - 7 rushes, 73 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 44 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
Brodie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Brodie wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
I'm guessing Malcolm Jenkins will be retained.

I hope not. He wouldnt look bad in a Rams jersey

I always laugh when people say Harper sucks but praise Malcolm Jenkins. Harper has been twice the safety Jenkins is, Malcolm Jenkins freaking sucks.

Jenkins fits better for what we need. Already have enforcer type in TJ Mac. Rather get Jenkins on a one year deal than reach for a safety in first. Wasnt saying one was better than the other

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind having Jabari Greer on my team. Hopefully he won't be as worthless of a signing as Tracy Porter was.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Any word on which way they're leaning with Lance Moore? I know they still need to clear a lot more space for Graham but Brees has also stated he'd be willing to restructure.

Not sure how much help a Brees restructure does except as a means of putting off the pain - the money has to go somewhere, he's only got 2 years after this remaining on his deal, and both of those years are already scheduled for $8m and $9m, respectively, higher cap-hits than 2014's. Even if they were to free up say $10m of his 2014 base salary to gain that flexibility this year, he'd be accounting for nearly $25m against the books the next two years (and that would, presumably, be with a new "Gronk-plus-sized" contract to the tune of ~$7-8m/yr for Graham on the ledger to account for as well).

wackywabbit wrote:
Playing center for the Chargers is like teaching DADA at Hogwarts.
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
more to the point though: Even if Wright isn't as good as some people say, I doubt replacing him with Roman Harper would be the...Wright move. Cool

It could create some major problems tho.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
I wouldn't mind having Jabari Greer on my team. Hopefully he won't be as worthless of a signing as Tracy Porter was.

He's better now than Porter was then, even at this age. His biggest issue is health, which was an issue with Porter too, correct?

Brandin Cooks - 53 receptions, 550 yards, 25 first downs, 3 TD - 7 rushes, 73 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 44 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
G08 wrote:
I guess I was going for "functional safety that's better than Major Wright".

I remember Bears fans telling me that Major Wright was a great safety last year (I laughed but I found it surprising)

I'm guessing this year you guys want to get rid of him, huh?

I always thought he was average at best. But this last season he fell flat on his face. But his contract is up and I don't see the Bears bringing him back.

Not that the whole story is being told, but statistically Major Wright didn't have a bad season.

http://www.nfl.com/player/majorwright/496749/profile

He has a certain amount of playmaking ability in terms of making plays on the ball and delivering hits, but other than that, he sucked last year. Not Chris Conte bad, but bad. He was pretty decent in 2012, and I think that's primarily because he was playing behind a great pass rush and 2 great corners. He was allowed to play more of a center field role, which played to his strengths. When asked to read and react quickly in the midlevel or come down to play the run, he's bad. He also might've lost confidence which made things worse.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clear things up here....the Saints still arent under the cap with these moves correct?

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
ThePrimeTime12 wrote:

He's better now than Porter was then, even at this age. His biggest issue is health, which was an issue with Porter too, correct?

He had a seizure problem before the MNF game against the Chargers which is funny cause we ended up winning out the regular season after that game.

He was good in the first game by getting a game sealing pick 6 on Ben but he was not so great after that. I thought making Chris Harris our 2nd CB due to Porter's injury was what made our pass defense elite.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Just to clear things up here....the Saints still arent under the cap with these moves correct?

they are.

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:

About $4m under.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Tongue-Splitter wrote:

Always liked Harper, always seemed like a jack of all trades, master of none, kind of player. I'd love to have him play alongside Devin McCourty if he's got anything left in the tank.

He had a couple really good seasons, and has always been great in the red zone. I swear people saw him play against Seattle a few years back and now just think he's the worst safety in coverage of all time. Roman Harper had a really nice career. He'd be a great addition for a team like the Pats. He's got an extremely similar game to Rodney Harrison.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
sputney23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really sad to see Jabari Greer cut.. hopefully he resigns

NS922 On the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: