Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What does Kyle Shanahan look for...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: What does Kyle Shanahan look for... Reply with quote

Browns fan here. I'd say I'm fairly familiar with the offense that Kyle Shanahan runs, but I'm sure most of you know much more about Shanahan and his scheme than I do.

Anyway, can you guys give me some details on Shanahan's offense? What does he look for in a WR, RB, OL, etc.? He's started several QBs over the years, so I'm guessing it's hard to say exactly what he looks for in a QB.

I'm just trying to get a better idea as to what kind of offensive players the Browns might look to target in free agency and the draft. I appreciate any information you guys can provide.

Smack on the sig.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What does Kyle Shanahan look for... Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
Browns fan here. I'd say I'm fairly familiar with the offense that Kyle Shanahan runs, but I'm sure most of you know much more about Shanahan and his scheme than I do.

Anyway, can you guys give me some details on Shanahan's offense? What does he look for in a WR, RB, OL, etc.? He's started several QBs over the years, so I'm guessing it's hard to say exactly what he looks for in a QB.

I'm just trying to get a better idea as to what kind of offensive players the Browns might look to target in free agency and the draft. I appreciate any information you guys can provide.

He never had an offense here, he was given the title as a favor to his dad to help his career. Kubiak ran the offense himself with his system. There was no change in our offense from mike Sherman to Kyle to dennison.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What does Kyle Shanahan look for... Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:

Get a useful QB.

Marco79

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What does Kyle Shanahan look for... Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
DawgX wrote:

He never had an offense here, he was given the title as a favor to his dad to help his career. Kubiak ran the offense himself with his system. There was no change in our offense from mike Sherman to Kyle to dennison.

This is just wrong. Our offense was much better when Shanny was here. He called plays and he was actually good at it and did a lot more with a lot less than dennison.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What does Kyle Shanahan look for... Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
DawgX wrote:

This is just wrong. Our offense was much better when Shanny was here. He called plays and he was actually good at it and did a lot more with a lot less than dennison.

This is the first I've heard of someone other than Kubiak calling plays
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What does Kyle Shanahan look for... Reply with quote

[quote="Pastor Dillon"
This is the first I've heard of someone other than Kubiak calling plays[/quote]

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Justice-Kubiak-ends-Texans-play-calling-tug-of-1743112.php
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What does Kyle Shanahan look for... Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
[quote="Pastor Dillon"
This is the first I've heard of someone other than Kubiak calling plays

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Justice-Kubiak-ends-Texans-play-calling-tug-of-1743112.php[/quote]

that didnt last long if i remember correctly
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember shanahan calling TONS of screens.
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I like about him is he seems to be pretty adaptable. All I remember is Schaub leading the league in passing, in an offense built to run the football that couldn't.

In 2009 the Texans rushed for 1475 yards as a team (averaging 3.5 YPC) and passed for 4803 yards (averaging 12 YPC).

THEN he goes to Washington and does something COMPLETELY different, and it works.. at first. You can't put too much of the Redskins failure on lil Shanny (I'm pretty sure he wasn't the one who decided it was ok to trade 3 first round draft picks for one player)

I'll be watching the Cleveland offense closely this year. I feel like Kyle Shanahan will be a pretty good head coach someday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: