Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Season Thread: QB Shaun Hill Named Starter Vs. DEN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tim199009


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 1513
Location: I post for Bitcoins
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice video interview of Robert Quinn on his 2013 season:

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/4/30/5668266/robert-quinn-2013-tape-review


I just hate how soft spoken he is tho. The guy is so dominant on the field, but he is like a mouse in every interview i see in him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9908
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
Of course Snead is going to say that.. he needs to tell the fans something to soothe them when they ask about the mistake he made. Im sure he would love to compare Quick to Alshon Jeffrey..... ohwait


Therein lies a problem in itself, the fans already think it's a mistake only two years in...

The Quick argument just goes around in circles and points can be made for both sides. It's seemingly pointless to argue...

I think we can all agree 2014 will be a key year for #83 and his futre with the Rams...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9908
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Rams second-year G/C Barrett Jones looks noticeably bigger and stronger. Jones, the 113th overall pick in last year's draft, didn't play a single snap as a rookie. At 6-foot-4 and 308 pounds, he needed to bulk up. Technically, he can play all five positions on the offensive line but doesn't project as a starter at any.

_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BamaRam


Joined: 16 Jan 2013
Posts: 471
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Rams second-year G/C Barrett Jones looks noticeably bigger and stronger. Jones, the 113th overall pick in last year's draft, didn't play a single snap as a rookie. At 6-foot-4 and 308 pounds, he needed to bulk up. Technically, he can play all five positions on the offensive line but doesn't project as a starter at any.


Played every position at a high level at Bama. Extremely intelligent kid. Good size and arm length.

He won't blow anyone away, but I don't see how he doesn't project to be a starter somewhere in the interior (particularly LG/C) if the foot concerns are behind him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flatlyner


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 5972
Location: WESTCOAST
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BamaRam wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Rams second-year G/C Barrett Jones looks noticeably bigger and stronger. Jones, the 113th overall pick in last year's draft, didn't play a single snap as a rookie. At 6-foot-4 and 308 pounds, he needed to bulk up. Technically, he can play all five positions on the offensive line but doesn't project as a starter at any.


Played every position at a high level at Bama. Extremely intelligent kid. Good size and arm length.

He won't blow anyone away, but I don't see how he doesn't project to be a starter somewhere in the interior (particularly LG/C) if the foot concerns are behind him.


I really hope that is true, would sure help shore up our interior. And, if the Rams view him as doing that, I'd have to wonder if they are really considering Robinson/Matthews at #2
_________________
WELCOME TO THE RAMS:
Greg Robinson
Aaron Donald
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7747
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
BamaRam wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Rams second-year G/C Barrett Jones looks noticeably bigger and stronger. Jones, the 113th overall pick in last year's draft, didn't play a single snap as a rookie. At 6-foot-4 and 308 pounds, he needed to bulk up. Technically, he can play all five positions on the offensive line but doesn't project as a starter at any.


Played every position at a high level at Bama. Extremely intelligent kid. Good size and arm length.

He won't blow anyone away, but I don't see how he doesn't project to be a starter somewhere in the interior (particularly LG/C) if the foot concerns are behind him.


I really hope that is true, would sure help shore up our interior. And, if the Rams view him as doing that, I'd have to wonder if they are really considering Robinson/Matthews at #2
I guess thats because you see Joe Barksdale as a formidable starter . . .

I still think that Robinson/Matthews/Lewan are all high priority targets for us in a week. And the Camp battle will come between Jones and Barksdale, while the Rookie slides in at the other spot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flatlyner


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 5972
Location: WESTCOAST
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
BamaRam wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Rams second-year G/C Barrett Jones looks noticeably bigger and stronger. Jones, the 113th overall pick in last year's draft, didn't play a single snap as a rookie. At 6-foot-4 and 308 pounds, he needed to bulk up. Technically, he can play all five positions on the offensive line but doesn't project as a starter at any.


Played every position at a high level at Bama. Extremely intelligent kid. Good size and arm length.

He won't blow anyone away, but I don't see how he doesn't project to be a starter somewhere in the interior (particularly LG/C) if the foot concerns are behind him.


I really hope that is true, would sure help shore up our interior. And, if the Rams view him as doing that, I'd have to wonder if they are really considering Robinson/Matthews at #2
I guess thats because you see Joe Barksdale as a formidable starter . . .

I still think that Robinson/Matthews/Lewan are all high priority targets for us in a week. And the Camp battle will come between Jones and Barksdale, while the Rookie slides in at the other spot.


Barksdale ranked with the top RT's last year, so, yeah, I do believe he is a solid RT, and young.
_________________
WELCOME TO THE RAMS:
Greg Robinson
Aaron Donald
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4616
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of how they feel about Barksdale, which I think they like him a lot and he and Saffold have excellent chemistry so that is a big factor, but I dont think OL is as big of a target as we might all assume-- including avid mockers.

I honestly think we dont go OL in the first and that has nothing to do with the whole Fisher never drafting them thing.
_________________
2015 QB Rankings:

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3943
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Regardless of how they feel about Barksdale, which I think they like him a lot and he and Saffold have excellent chemistry so that is a big factor, but I dont think OL is as big of a target as we might all assume-- including avid mockers.

I honestly think we dont go OL in the first and that has nothing to do with the whole Fisher never drafting them thing.


I can see your point, but whether we are looking at O-line early depends entirely on what our staff knows about Jake Long. Clearly, they have better information than we do, but if they don't select an o-lineman early, that will be a strong indication as to JL's recovery.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4616
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Regardless of how they feel about Barksdale, which I think they like him a lot and he and Saffold have excellent chemistry so that is a big factor, but I dont think OL is as big of a target as we might all assume-- including avid mockers.

I honestly think we dont go OL in the first and that has nothing to do with the whole Fisher never drafting them thing.


I can see your point, but whether we are looking at O-line early depends entirely on what our staff knows about Jake Long. Clearly, they have better information than we do, but if they don't select an o-lineman early, that will be a strong indication as to JL's recovery.



It could be that, but it could also be how they just signed Saffold to a big deal who can play LT at a high level-- which obviously then leaves a hole at both OG spots until Long can return, but they have Jones and they can always resign Dahl perhaps. Also it depends how their board is setup.

I think getting Saffold back makes a huge difference, and no doubt how they feel about Long. And I get it, you dont just draft for next year so taking one of the top Tackles that can play anywhere on the line now then LT in the future is obviously a more than reasonable plan, I just dont think they will do that in round 1.
_________________
2015 QB Rankings:

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
FRO


Joined: 02 Feb 2013
Posts: 1165
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All drafts are huge for organizations, but if we want to turn the corner this draft is huge. We have to nail out first 3 picks at minimum. Don't get cute and try and outsmart the rest of the league. Just get some great players. They are to be had in this draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9908
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Key thing to remember is regardless of whether or not the FO feels like Barksdale is the RT going forward, or a swing tackle long-term, he'll be a UFA in 2015...

That could influence their plans big time. A LT that has a high cap figure/candidate to be released and durability issues and a RT that will be a UFA looking to get paid...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flatlyner


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 5972
Location: WESTCOAST
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Key thing to remember is regardless of whether or not the FO feels like Barksdale is the RT going forward, or a swing tackle long-term, he'll be a UFA in 2015...

That could influence their plans big time. A LT that has a high cap figure/candidate to be released and durability issues and a RT that will be a UFA looking to get paid...


Agreed. Could draft a tackle this year and pay them a lot less for the next 5 years to play left tackle for us, one of the notoriously spendy positions on the roster. We are already dealing with an albatross of a contract with Bradford.
_________________
WELCOME TO THE RAMS:
Greg Robinson
Aaron Donald
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9908
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off to Hawaii...

Sad I'm gonna miss the draft, but I'm excited to watch it on DVR next Sunday...

Here's to hoping we come out with some studs...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FRO


Joined: 02 Feb 2013
Posts: 1165
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Off to Hawaii...

Sad I'm gonna miss the draft, but I'm excited to watch it on DVR next Sunday...

Here's to hoping we come out with some studs...

You going to try and avoid the results ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Page 93 of 157

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group