Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Freeman
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
I backed Freeman until the end, but this ship has sailed...

I think that Schiano was awful for Freeman and his development, but I can't blame Freeman's implosion on Schiano.

Freeman did a really nice job of putting his best foot forward in front of the media, but I honestly believe that it was a facade. Rumblings about a serious drug problem, missing several team meetings, the team photo and almost missing the team bus to the Jets game...that's not on Schiano. It's a pattern of immaturity, and you can't have that from your franchise QB.

Freeman and Schiano were awful for each other, but they are to blame for their individual failures. I wish it didn't play out like this.

Some of you may recall I was one of Freeman's biggest defenders during his time here, but DaReal hit the nail on the coffin. A lot of it came down to Josh feeling Josh way too early. When he first got here and was "Fat Josh" he was a young hungry QB (in both the literal and physical sense) to prove that he wanted to be a good QB. There was always mentions of him always being around at One Buc either studying or focusing on his play. When he was on the field he showed that "clutch factor early" and that along with Luck might have really been his downfall. He said it himself after that third year when he thought that he could always come back even if he had a slow start, and in a case of irony his last year in Tampa started out slow. And I think that it had a lot to do with his "personal life". I don't know what he was getting into, but I have a feeling that it was something real serious that he missed his own camp. That right there was the first step. I think that he brought it on himself and bringing him back to Tampa would be a HUGE mistake. I wish him the best of luck that he can eventually get it right, but I don't think nor want it to be in Tampa.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: